Just another MPB 1st timer

• Thread starter Gray Beard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gray Beard

Gray Beard

65 days

Pulled the girls this morning. What a great morning, I was excited by the fact that I got thru the first run with a yield (quantity in a few days) but more than that I am excited about getting the new girls in and going. At this moment I am running H2O2 @ 5ml/L thru the system. Tomorrow it is replace tubing, clean tubs, etc and get the new girls vegging in their new home.

P

phup

First time grow? You are doing a pretty bang up job if it is. Keep it up!

A

antimatter

Why do some of you guys replace your tubing but clean your tubs, way I see if is if your gonna waste tubing like that then you mays well throw out your tubs... Whens the last time a Hydroponic greenhouse growing tomatoes threw out there nft troughs?

Run drip clean next round if your worried about residue and to sterilize your system just run some 10% bleach solution through it for 30 mins then run water through it to wash out any bleach...

M

mrdizzle

I dont replace my tubing, it just seems like a hassle. I use bleach, roughly 1/2cup per tub and fill up each tub with the hose until its well over the overflow drains so it disinfects the enitre overflow tubing, I also spray the hose directly into the over flows. once all the tubs are filled i run the system with the bleach water for 5hrs at least, careful it foams, then drain, rinise, drain, fill, add almost a gallon of 29% h2o2, run that system over night, drain then fill with regular water. at that point, your system should be as clean as it could ever be. I run the top feed too so clean out those lines.

Y

YoungDro

Are you wanting to put 6 lights around one plant?
:icon_spin:

i want 8 lights around 1 plant, thats for the future.

i was just sayin egg of life cuz it looks like the same thing when your plants are "staggered" rather than in rows. dds says that rows are inneficient

F

FileError404

TF: You can get a product called Oxy Blast! at Hydro stores or online, not sure the concentration but it's high % h2o2. They also have test strips to measure the exact ppm.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

I replaced my tubing this go for a couple reasons, I did have some organic matter in the roots and I could see a bit of crap hanging to the inside walls of the tubing. I wanted to start completely clean on this run. I cleaned what I could get to but the inside of that 3/8s tubing is a bit tough to get to. As I was pulling the tubing I was thinking there has to be a better way.

New girls are in, only 3 at this point but I think Ridge from Fruitridge is going to help with something that will fit into the 4th tub, a Tahoe OG I think. I am very impressed with customer service from him so far, he's been great. I had 4 girls vegging but 1 just didn't make the grade and wasn't keeping up so out she went. I was going to run only 3 but Ridge to the rescue.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

First time grow? You are doing a pretty bang up job if it is. Keep it up!

Yea, first hydro grow and probably 20 runs in soil but I'm a plant guy (like who isn't here) with a botany background from college a million years ago.

H

happyinmendo

Rows are inefficient because you have limited head height to add to the equation. The only way I for see the double vertical light thing happening is in a major commercial operation with a huge ac and 400-1000A Panel. It adds up fast.

Top Bottom