Just backyard dirt and tap water grow

• Thread starter Ganjadad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Hey fellow growers, new to the farm and glad to be here. I’ve had a couple outdoor runs in the past but prefer tent growing just for personal use. This run I’m gonna do it super basic, just dirt from the back yard, perlite, worm poop, plain ole tap water, a couple cheap fans, 2 cheap lights and 2 cheap tents all from Amazon, that’s it. I did this last run with DoSiDo and Amnesia and got great results that you wouldn’t think would be possible with this type of set up. This run I have DoSiDo #33 from Barney’s and a free be white widow. They just finished germinating and just threw them in some dirt today so not many pics today. Can’t wait to see how this run turns out! Peace out stoners✌🏼
A surprise backyard dirt and tap water grow

R

ritoMox

Hey fellow growers, new to the farm and glad to be here. I’ve had a couple outdoor runs in the past but prefer tent growing just for personal use. This run I’m gonna do it super basic, just dirt from the back yard, perlite, worm poop, plain ole tap water, a couple cheap fans, 2 cheap lights and 2 cheap tents all from Amazon, that’s it. I did this last run with DoSiDo and Amnesia and got great results that you wouldn’t think would be possible with this type of set up. This run I have DoSiDo #33 from Barney’s and a free be white widow. They just finished germinating and just threw them in some dirt today so not many pics today. Can’t wait to see how this run turns out! Peace out stoners✌🏼View attachment 1293887
Early on back in the day I would scoop yard dirt into a bucket and toss in small wood chips and green tree leaves and drop beans in. They were under fluor's, but they did great. Prior to adding the green tree leaves they weren't so good. Pretty much KISS to the nth degree.✌️

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Maybe ph the water and use some fertilizer for one plant to see if you are wasting your time or if the extra effort pays off.
Yeah I could do that, I’ll see what organic fertilizer I can find for cheap. My tap comes out 6.9 so I’m good there

R

ritoMox

Hey fellow growers, new to the farm and glad to be here. I’ve had a couple outdoor runs in the past but prefer tent growing just for personal use. This run I’m gonna do it super basic, just dirt from the back yard, perlite, worm poop, plain ole tap water, a couple cheap fans, 2 cheap lights and 2 cheap tents all from Amazon, that’s it. I did this last run with DoSiDo and Amnesia and got great results that you wouldn’t think would be possible with this type of set up. This run I have DoSiDo #33 from Barney’s and a free be white widow. They just finished germinating and just threw them in some dirt today so not many pics today. Can’t wait to see how this run turns out! Peace out stoners✌🏼View attachment 1293887
Welcome to the Farm🤝

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Early on back in the day I would scoop yard dirt into a bucket and toss in small wood chips and green tree leaves and drop beans in. They were under fluor's, but they did great. Prior to adding the green tree leaves they weren't so good. Pretty much KISS to the nth degree.✌️
That’s awesome bro, they really don’t need much to grow, if i wanted to push the plant to its max potential then that’s when I would go crazy with the set up and nuts and everything in between buts it’s just for my personal and wanna keep it cheap and organic. Can’t wait to see how this run turns out.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Woke up this morning to find a nice surprise, the 3 DoSiDo #33 sprouted, super fast for just planting those beans yesterday afternoon in just plain dirt and perlite. Definitely gonna be my strong girls 💪🏼
I see one of the white widows poppin up too, and one of the WW beans was dormant and was laggin in the damp paper towel but I didn’t give up and she finally cracked and is poppin out her tap root this morning too, so that awesome Bc that a 100% success rate which is always nice. I didn’t expect much from the white widow Bc they were free bees but they’re putting up a fight.
So far so good y’all, until next time✌🏼
8DCE92AF DFC3 4D5B 8E2E 56525903E0B1

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Happy Friday stoners,
Just wanted to post an update that my babies are not dead hahaha. Actually doing pretty well for day 4. Of course everyone has a runt in there litter and mine is that one white widow bean that took forever to crack, now she’s taking forever to sprout but who knows she might show them all up when she actually gets going or she might die haha who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ Added the two fans set on low directing the flow counter clockwise and switching to clockwise in a week rather than on the plants themselves and switching flow every week after that. Next watering I plan on adding some Aloe Vera gel straight from the leaf, to give them a little boost. Just waiting for my Biscotti Mintz beans to get here so I can start the next cycle, that run I’ll be using an organic fertilizer mix I’ll be making from down to earth products. I can’t wait! That’s about it for now ✌🏼
E5B43AF4 8174 472D 96A8 7AEABCC6ADF9

Last edited:
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Woke up this morning to find the runt of the litter dead, bummer but she was way behind anyway but dont worry she’s now in my soil giving the others hope and strength. Looking really good for day 5. Can’t wait to give them a boost with aloe. I also put a layer of clear plastic over the soil to try and keep the root zone temp up Bc it’s getting colder. I thought I had a hygrometer, I found it but it’s broken so I’m waiting for some new ones to come so I can check the temps/rh. That’s about it for now✌🏼
E90846A4 6E06 4402 9023 C1D943C78F17
5206F0EE B56F 4CDD A996 F1B56A52D73C

Last edited:
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Hey farm,
So I’m gonna be gone for the next week working on my flipper so I thought today would be good to transplant into 1gal poly pots, they’ll be in these into the flip then they go in 3gal poly bags until harvest. I used to use fabric but switched, cleaner and easier to transplant. They had some nice roots on the bottom of the clear pots. Definitely gonna give them a boost start in veg now that they have more room for the roots and I gave them some aloe vera with there watering. I also moved them into the freshly sterilized veg tent (3x3x5) in my wife’s closet. I also got the mom tent sterilized and ready (2x2x3) when 2 of these babies are ready. Put the heat mat under them to try and get the temps warmer. Still waiting for the new hygrometer. Not bad for day 6. That’s about it for now✌🏼
7CE4E4B1 58C5 49D5 A89F 52EC2617D940
538622AF 95B3 4E13 A1C9 88DE8EA68708
4CE37A62 23D7 418B B97E F4B97EA09890

Last edited:
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Trick or Treat farmers,
Day 11 going strong, nice to come home after being gone for 5 days to find your plants doubled in size maybe even more. Haven’t watered since last Sunday. I checked the pots today when I got home but still felt like they had another day or so. I’ll check again tomorrow. Finally got the hygrometer set up. Temp is looking good but humidity a tad low so I put a tray of water on the heat pad to help raise the humidity. The pot elevators came too so I got them all set up. So my wife let me get my Christmas present early haha so I just bought a Spider Farmer G300w for my flower closet. I know my first post said I’m using cheap lights but I’ve been wanting to upgrade so I’m not gonna waste an opportunity to have a higher yield. Can’t wait to see how it does compared to my old blurple. I’m gonna use the blurple for veg still. Seems to be working fine. That’s about it for now. Hope you all have a happy Halloween 🎃 👍✌🏼
9B758C31 6D85 44D3 8FBB E0620D884272
C5BEBA96 4639 47FD 8FF1 1F95A9C1526B

R

ritoMox

How big are you planning on letting them get? Worm poop is only as good as what the worms were fed. Depending on how big you let them get and how good you worm poop is, you might need to grab some veggies/fruits from the store and hit'em with a botanical tea a few times throughout the grow✌️

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

How big are you planning on letting them get? Worm poop is only as good as what the worms were fed. Depending on how big you let them get and how good you worm poop is, you might need to grab some veggies/fruits from the store and hit'em with a botanical tea a few times throughout the grow✌️
Gonna veg them for 5 weeks then flip them. I’m using. I’m using uncle Jim’s worm casting. I mixed it in the dirt with perlite. I plan on giving the plants some brews once a week around week 3ish in veg. A bit of used coffee grounds, worm castings, aloe vera and black strap molasses tea. When they are about two weeks into flower I plan on giving them a bit of casting, aloe vera, bananas peels and black strap molasses tea with an air pump of course. My next run in a few weeks I plan on using roots organic soil and a handful of down to earth products to make my own blend of fertilizer for to dressing and better teas. Can’t wait to try it

GasFactory

GasFactory

Woke up this morning to find a nice surprise, the 3 DoSiDo #33 sprouted, super fast for just planting those beans yesterday afternoon in just plain dirt and perlite. Definitely gonna be my strong girls 💪🏼
I see one of the white widows poppin up too, and one of the WW beans was dormant and was laggin in the damp paper towel but I didn’t give up and she finally cracked and is poppin out her tap root this morning too, so that awesome Bc that a 100% success rate which is always nice. I didn’t expect much from the white widow Bc they were free bees but they’re putting up a fight.
So far so good y’all, until next time✌🏼View attachment 1294147

You must be in florida, or something lol... That "Backyard dirt" looks like good ol' florida muck.. super rich. You have some really quality backyard dirt, mine would look like modeling clay LOL.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah I could do that, I’ll see what organic fertilizer I can find for cheap. My tap comes out 6.9 so I’m good there
Ur backyard dirt should have buffers and microbes growing in it so ph should not be a issue - ppm of you tap could be most want tap around 130-160 ppm but really depends on how much of what it contains

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

You must be in florida, or something lol... That "Backyard dirt" looks like good ol' florida muck.. super rich. You have some really quality backyard dirt, mine would look like modeling clay LOL.
Haha close. I’m in NC, it’s dirts from the swamp/woods in my backyard. Just years of leafs, twigs, rain flooding and bring in a great ecosystem and breaking it all down.

Top Bottom