Just built a 50 site cloner. now what?

• Thread starter innercityphunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

innercityphunk

I just built a 50 site cloner, and I'm getting ready to take some mom cuttings but i've never used a cloner.
do I use cloning gel?

thnx, icp

420Gator

420Gator

aero right? my first run in mine i used just tap @ 300ppm didnt ph and i still got roots in a couple weeks

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Tap water and Botnaicare's Power Clone @ 4-5ml per gallon. You need a cycle timer as well. I picked one up on ebay for like 30 bucks. here. There are better ones that are a lot more expensive, but that one works fine.

I set my ph to 5.4 and then let it climb to 6.3 then drop it back down.

I

innercityphunk

my diy cloner. thnx 2 Xceptional

First off let me thank Xceptional for his diy on this cloner. Here is some pic's of how i did mine. icp

I laid out the ez cloner inserts to get my spacing

820d8560
I

innercityphunk

Next i marked all centers and drew a grid. using a 2" hole saw i drilled out all the holes.

402d0076
I

innercityphunk

After drilling out all the holes, I used a reamer to clean them up.

20a9eec0
I

innercityphunk

Now take and cut down your 2" net pots into rings to hold your inserts.

"don't use dykes like i did. scissors work way better". I figured that out after cutting 49 of them. oops

844b069d
I

innercityphunk

I put a bead of waterproof silicone to hold rings in place.

7bfed609
I

innercityphunk

Next i built the manifold out of 1/2" pvc pipe and fittings. then I stratigically marked where i wanted my sprayers. I marked between each hole on the outside runs then offset the holes in center run. next i drilled out the sprayer holes with a 11/64 bit. no need to use a tap. with a lil force they screw in.

388d720f
I

innercityphunk

this is what it looks like with sprayers installed. also no need to glue fittings

2df66852
I

innercityphunk

I drilled a hole in the bottom side of each leg to prevent water from just sitting in them. i used a smaller bit for that. water shoots out of those holes and helps move water in the sump.

6f84ce97
I

innercityphunk

now attach a 500 GPH or more pump to the tee in center of manifold. I used a danner 500 for mine and it works sweet.

4306c748
I

innercityphunk

Next drill a hole in the top corner of lid to rout your cord through. make sure its big enough to fit the plug. then use a grommet.

I also ran an airline with a couple of airstones in there. (not needed but cant hurt) they were just laying around anyway.

8c715704
4501afc6
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Nice build. I did mine a bit different and a lot more Ghetto. I combined the Stinkbuddies cloner with a cloner Seamaiden has. Big difference is that instead of netpots and neoprene there are pvc couplings that you just drop your cuts into. Right now mine has 25 but I could easily double that and I am using a Rubbermaid 18 gallon tote.

Jackmayoffer posted this Cloning in a ez cloner a bit back.The idea behind this thread is that using tap water and Botanicare's Power Clone instead of using RO water because the cuttings need the micro's found in tap water.

I took cuts on some plants that were in flower the other day and though I did not get roots in 3 days (I didn't expect to because they were 10 days into flower), I checked last night and they are rooting.

The cycle timer is so that your water/cloning solution doesn't get too hot, as this will cause problems.

I just took the cuts, scored the bottom a bit with a scalpel and dropped em in. No dipping in gels. Tap water, 4-5mls Power Clone to a gallon, set the ph to 5.4 and set the timer.

Here's a pic of my lil cloner. I put the tips of latex gloves over the pvc couplings to keep water from splashing out.

Cloner
I

innercityphunk

That's pretty much it. make sure u clean all the plastic shaving's up.

oh, one more thing. the lid of this 54 gal. rubbermaid roughneck tote has to be turned over to make a good watertight fit.

Sorry for all the post's it took to show this. This was my first time adding attachment's. Thnx for checking it out..
ICP

E9349628
I

innercityphunk

day 13 in my diy cloner

This is what i have after 13 days in my diy aerocloner.
sweet huh?

Im pretty stocked on the results.:lock:

Day 13 2
Photo
Top Bottom