Just built a 50 site cloner. now what?

• Thread starter innercityphunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

plants look beat up, but the roots look good!

I made one a while ago and just used the pucks, no net pots..but i'm not in hydro.

Ever after

Ever after

NO dont use a gel !! you need cloneX cloning solution its an actual clone nutrient and you put your ppm's to about 350-400 and a ph of 5.5 . have fun and i hope it doesnt leak. if it does get another bin and take the first bin... glue the lid on with silicone and then cut the bottom out of the first bin you just glued to seal it up and then !! TAKE A SECOND BIN and sit the first bin in the second bin so you never get any leaks! DIY cloners always leak unless you do this

have fun dude !

EA

I

innercityphunk

Yeah, I wasn't sure if they were going to make it or not. they got pretty yellow. not sure if it's my res temps or that I had a 8 light t5 over them.

this was my first attempt at taking my own cuttings.
I think I cut them to small. and maybe cut them in the wrong spot.

I made my cut just above a node set. I think I should have cut below the nodes.

I need a cycle timer to keep sump temps down.

any pointers would be appreciated.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

My DIY cloner hasn't leaked at all. Roughneck 18 gallon tote.

I

innercityphunk

My DIY cloner hasn't leaked at all. Roughneck 18 gallon tote.

Yeah same here. the floor is bone dry.

the only water I loose is when I pull one of the sites out. I'm planning on getting another site to put in place when I check root progress.

mango420

mango420

Nice roots on those. I would deff put an aquarium heater in there and set your water to 78-80degrees. I would also use just plain water, everytime I tried adding anything else in my cloner I had slime problems. You should see roots in 5-7 days with a heater in there no problem, ready to transplant in 10-14 days. Make sure to run bleach water through your cloner and scub it down after every use..trust me on this one! Lost too many cycles of clones being lazy with cleaning.

Z

ziggy1

You don't need that much light on an unrooted clone, usually you want just enough light continue photosynthesis. I use 2 2foot t5's over a 2 foot square homemade ez cloner also 78-80 degrees is way to hot, you are just asking for nasty bacteria at those temps, thats why you use the interval timer, to keep the solution at the right temperature. All these factors help the clones to "not get beat up" A more realistic temperature is between 67-70 degrees. I also use power clone solution with tap h20 and have amazing results

z

mango420

mango420

Agree with the too much light, 2 t5's about 2-3 feet above the clones would be plenty, and lower the lights right down on them when they root, remember if you give them too much light they will not root because they will try to photosynthesize instead. I cant agree with the temps that Ziggy posted, if I ever dropped my water temp below 75 I wouldnt see roots for weeks, if ever. I experimented with different temps in my cloner for years, and any temp below 75 is a waste of time. Sometimes I would try a lower temp like 68 and wouldnt see anything for 3 weeks, I'd turn up the temp to 75-80 and within 24 hours I had roots popping. I will say tho that every strain is different, I had 3 strains that I got dialed in and used for 5-6 years in the cloner at 80 = roots in 6 days..Other weaker strains or harder to root strains would get rot at 80. So experiment with your strain, start at low to mid 70's and go from there.

I

innercityphunk

my temps were a steady 74 and the cuts started getting bumpy at around 9 days.
at 13 days I had fat roots.

Top Bottom