Just Going Straight Up No Branches?

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

Got some Photos that are branching. Got some Autos just the opposite one straight stem. Does all the Buds come out on one stem?

One reason I’m asking is I’m thinking of just putting a stake in and tying on to that.

oLd1

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Got some Photos that are branching. Got some Autos just the opposite one straight stem. Does all the Buds come out on one stem?

One reason I’m asking is I’m thinking of just putting a stake in and tying on to that.

oLd1
Do you pics of them?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
You do see strains like that but most would have at least two side branches, I have one a bit like an Arizona Cactus at the moment.

oLd1

oLd1

My Photos we Topped and have cut some Fan Leaves

Didn’t do anything with the Autos. But they have shot up mostly Open so no problem getting light.

3 Varities. Gorilla Glue, Girl Scout Cookies and Bruce Banner.

Don’t really want to get up to take pictures. Right now my arms are not working and not that easy getting up.

oLd1

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Just give it a couple days, it'll grow like a weed. 😄 Your internodal spacing is on the longer side, could just be the strain. What is your light source?

oLd1

oLd1

It was wild I put Fan on them and they really shot up over night.

My Son thought I was messing with him. He asked me if they was the same plants because they had grown so much.

He has been using Bag Seed and wanting some of these. I put up my last seeds and forgot where I put them so had to get more.

oLd1

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I may be way off base here but I have heard that over watering causes a plant to NOT branch out. The logic behind this is the roots are not spreading out like they should because they don't get a chance to dry out some for oxygen intake and begin to rot. What is above the ground tends to mirror what is going on under the ground, hence, no branching out. I would be curious what the experts have to say about this theory. Personally, I have taken great care to not over water and my first grow plants are very bushy with many branches.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
thats an auto gorilla glue? i have one that is 3 weeks old today!

mine is not tall, i tried to top, but might have fimmed... lol. i also took off 4 select fan leaves to give light to areas.

20210618 124808

oLd1

oLd1

I may be way off base here but I have heard that over watering causes a plant to NOT branch out. The logic behind this is the roots are not spreading out like they should because they don't get a chance to dry out some for oxygen intake and begin to rot. What is above the ground tends to mirror what is going on under the ground, hence, no branching out. I would be curious what the experts have to say about this theory. Personally, I have taken great care to not over water and my first grow plants are very bushy with many branches.
I was thinking the same water runs right through.

oLd1

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

There is nothing wrong with that plant or the way it's branching out. It looks to be a Sativa and that is the correct grow pattern for sativa. Indica's are short and fat.

I do have an issue with the 5 gal bucket. There is no drainage that I can see. If you want to save the bucket, then transplant to a fabric pot, otherwise start drilling the bucket full of holes for drainage and air flow to the roots. Holes every inch all the way around and halfway up.
That is the only issue I see.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
isnt it a gorilla glue which leans indica?

i think it looks like an auto who started her life in 12/12 light. that is what they do, like the autos version of the "richard" on a stick. at about 2.5 weeks they start going up and up when under the 12/12 light from the start.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
There is nothing wrong with that plant or the way it's branching out. It looks to be a Sativa and that is the correct grow pattern for sativa. Indica's are short and fat.

I do have an issue with the 5 gal bucket. There is no drainage that I can see. If you want to save the bucket, then transplant to a fabric pot, otherwise start drilling the bucket full of holes for drainage and air flow to the roots. Holes every inch all the way around and halfway up.
I burn the holes in using a torch, bolt and vice grips. I found drilling I'd slip off or crack the plastic too often. But I agree more with cow bells.😁

oLd1

oLd1

I drilled 6 holes in the bottom and put some gravel in the bottom.

The soil is too wet any water I put in it runs right through.

So have decided to water less.

oLd1

Latest posts

Top Bottom