Just Got Kicked Off Coinbase.. Any One Else?

• Thread starter DANKSY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
i just got kicked off coinbase.. i read someone else did as well. who else received this e mail?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Looks like there kicking off people who've been buying cannabis seeds..

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
@fishwhistle thats what im saying... how did the silk road get away with it forever and this shit happens... its series of leters and numbers... how does it get tied together?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Maybe my homie is getting involved with btc at the wrong time. I think he told me just picked up a zone of molly off of agora with btc. I think he got his btc through a localish dude. I am interested in the whole process, especially the deep web, I just would prefer to get a little more educated on the subject before I jump in. I hope no one got burned. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
did you lose the money you had investing in the bitcoin?

From what i understand there not banning access to the bitcoins just the service, so you can still move your coins to an offline wallet or another service there just closing a bunch of accounts.. Not sure where this all came from tho, pressure from the feds?

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/...s-bitpay-coinbase-gocoin-merchants-us-canada/

and theres the answer... There partnered with Paypal..

I don't know exactly how there examining the transactions obviously thats not something there going to leak, but i guess if say a site like thcbay has a pubic btc wallet or whatever and say coinbase finds it or out about it and tags it and any transactions going to or from that account as well it starts banning any account linked to thcbay's btc.. ( Just an example.. )

All it takes is 1 domino for the rest to fall..

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Who takes the time to look at every transaction and where it went and came from?thats crazy.Fuck paypal,if its them i will cancel my account,no business should be able to tell me what i do with my own money.Does not seem like smart business on their end to alienate/censor people telling them where they can and cant spend their own money.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Anti-money laundering laws in this country and there over reach.... Its not just bitcoins, They've gone after people sending wire transfers structuring the payments to avoid reporting to the gov.

These guys get caught facilitating transactions that involve controlled substances they could be found just as guilty as the people selling them..

And considering this is a US company they have far more to loose.. Its smart on there end if they want to do business with major corporations like Paypal and so forth, Bitcoins are becoming more and more accepted as payment, overstock.com takes them newegg takes them, ect ect, So yeah companys that expect to operate legitimately are going to monitor and ban any one they suspect of breaking their TOS/Law..

Buy your bitcoins from a local exchange and keep them stored in an offline wallet.

FiveAM

FiveAM

Fuck these assholes, they know what the hell has been going on for a long time now. Like a whore trying to go legit, bitch you still a whore.

MGRox

MGRox

As dabbie stated; Coinbase is tied to AML and KYC regulations and there is strict oversight to this atm; since this currency is still being established as legitimate and not just for illegal aspects. It is, then, their job to ensure that no one is violating terms of service, so that they don't lose their "MSB" status.

It is very easy to trace transactions with BTC as it's an open ledger. Though there are ways to easily avert violating Coinbases' TOS or even to anonymize your transaction.

Most likely, accounts that are being closed with coinbase; probably were users who purchased beans directly from the coinbase wallet. Here, the transaction is going simply from a coinbase wallet to a bean company wallet and this is a direct violation of TOS and super easy to track. (bean company probably doesn't use too many BTC addresses).

The simplest way to avert a violation of TOS would be to send your coins from Coinbase to another wallet (be it, online or offline). Then if you purchase beans from this secondary wallet; you are NOT violating coinbase TOS and will not be banned. However, since these are also now being taxed; there would be of course violations here and it isn't terribly hard to track (if someone was inclined). Here it's best to use a new address each time you send BTC from coinbase, so that there is never more than one transaction through a given address.

If you prefer to also avert prying eyes outside of coinbase or for tax reasons; one could further run their BTC through a "mixer". Here you would do this from your own offline / online wallet and not directly from coinbase. There are several mixing services for BTC and basically it just splits up your BTC with others, sends many tiny increments to various addresses; finally returning the coins to a single address. It is extremely difficulty to trace the full transaction if a person were to do this method. However, as time goes by; I'm sure the legality of this will be drawn into question if not eliminated totally at some point.

One final way, I suppose, to stay anonymous; would be to use other crypto. E.G you could put your BTC onto an exchange, trade that for LTC, move the LTC to another exchange and trade back for BTC. Here you would be moving your transaction across 2 separate blockchains and multiple wallets. This would probably be a bit more traceable than using a mixer, but also a bit less "suspicious"

One of these ways should fit / suit most of the people wanting to use BTC for beans through coinbase (or any bean purchase really).

hope this helps

edit: I'm fairly familiar with crypto, so if anyone has other questions; feel free

Last edited:
J

Justmehere

Its only two years later.........................
Yeah, just got the same email and looked into it and this is what I came across. So just seeing if anyone had more info to add on maybe what the end result could be. Thank You.

J

Justmehere

Unfortunately they are and I didn't find out how bad they are until after. Wish I would of seen something before. I am wondering if anyone knew how far they would go with it and found this and not much else.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

This is a easy fix. first off your coinbase acct is jsut like your back acct. they got all your info. Would you write a check for pot seeds. no. so you send it from a wallet that cant be traced such as a Alt coin exchange. I use this one its easy to use free to sign up https://yobit.io/?bonus=WvAra. Use this link sign up. all you need is a real email. Once signed up you can use anyone off these 700 wallet to shift your coin around or just send it from here to the seed co. then no matter what happens they can only get your email.

Top Bottom