Just how good are LEDs now?

• Thread starter JrrTokein
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

off subject but im honored i got a spot in your signature woodsmaneh, thanks

My pleasure, been there since the day you said it, I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself, it just so sounds like a stoner moment in time, classic bro classic I should give you credit, you said it.

It still makes me laugh, thanks and Merry Christmas

moes bike smaller lor

Power OG

Power OG

this is a nothern light week4 flower under my 400w mars II led light, 1st run with it and i have been very impressed,wit my "chinese ebay bought light. dont eat the cheese.

IMG 20131215 232705
fractal

fractal

That purple/red light from the LEDs makes me nauseous to look at. No way in hell would I be able to have an LED garden, even looking at the pictures makes me feel sick. And the plants always look way too dark green like they are overfed in every LED grow I have seen. I wouldn't smoke LED grown bud, the whole thing just makes me nauseous and the product will reflect that. Whatever you put in = what you get out. Stick to HPS and MH lights. . . The new Gavita Pro 400v sodium lights are INSANELY good! A 600 watt Gavita Pro system will yield the same as a standard or digital 1000 watt HPS, possibly even outyield it. Way better light spectrum and bulb life.

Not to mention the COST! LED lights are like $1000 for a good quality one that will yield maybe a half P. . . For that price you could get TWO Gavita Pro 600watt lights, a Can Max Fan, a carbon filter and either a grow tent or incidentals like grow media and a flood tray and water pump. Seriously, would you rather have a top quality high yielding Gavita system or some overpriced, experimental technology that puts out light that makes people feel like they wanna throw up? LED is for noobs, the noobiest of noobs. With Plasma lighting becoming affordable and extremely efficient I doubt that LEDs will be around much longer.

All you are gaining from LED lights is low heat. So fuckin what?

Power OG

Power OG

lol, some people, full of themselves, you speek as if you were the all and powerful oz, you think u know it all and trash my fellow farmers. you are a joke. some people here needa azz woopin, learn some humility in my opinion, but thats all just an opinion. i would never bash a fellow farmer becuz we all started of noobs! and i think its a joke when well known farmers act like dics. instead of looking down on people,remember you are well known and looked up to. most farmers here are not like you, i give mad respect to all great farmers

fractal

fractal

What would a SMART farmer do? Sink a whole ton of cash into experimental tech that is made in china, or go with time-tested and proven high-quality equipment from the likes of Gavita and Can fans? No contest.

If we were on a space shuttle I'd probably learn to appreciate LED lights. But we're not. I'm not bashing any Farmers on their grow skills. Just expressing how I think LED lights are a gimmick, and the spectrum they put out literally makes me feel sick to my stomach. Much is lacking in the current technology, only a fool would spend that kind of money on a toy.

ken dog

ken dog

LED lights, do not make you sick when you look at them... That is a bunch of bull.

lol:) only a fool would say LED lights make them sick. lol:)

vaporedout

vaporedout

+1 on the dark green, but i like that look. ive always wanted to try LED growing and smoking. just moved to CO and theres a club here that advertises all bud 100% LED grown. thinking bout takin a look. everyone has their own opinion and i love reading all of them. i personally dont like hydro. everytime i look at a hydro plant or bud i just think chemicals, even though thats not always the case. its just a reaction i have.
My pleasure, been there since the day you said it, I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself, it just so sounds like a stoner moment in time, classic bro classic I should give you credit, you said it.

It still makes me laugh, thanks and Merry Christmas

View attachment 359907
very nice pic BTW, did you paint that? ive got a couple mustang pics that i would love turned into a painting :) :writing:

fractal

fractal

LED lights, do not make you sick when you look at them... That is a bunch of bull.

lol:) only a fool would say LED lights make them sick. lol:)

You're not me and I'm not you (thank GOD)

I'm telling YOU, that when I see a photo of LED grow lights or see an LED light at the grow shop, it makes me instantly queasy and nauseous. Like seasick, happens in a split second. I can't control it, so it's got nothing to do with intelligence ya polesmoker.

Have fun with your toys, that's all they are.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Haven't grown with LED. .have smoked it's work and Danky Doodle Dandy i felt. Gotta close pal engineering over at GE. .And he claims they Will make a LED splash soon . Don't know the Gospel but indagro is on my radar .i think max frost has something go check out his thread..

fractal

fractal

Today was a HUGE eye opener with obsoul33t's thread about the 315watt new ceramic halides. These new CMH fixtures and bulbs kick the everloving shit out of anything an LED can do now, and so can the LEP plasma lights that are available and being improved as we speak.

Enjoy your grows whether its LED, LEP, CMH, HID, HIV, HPS, or HPV. lol

I'll stick to light spectrums that make me feel energized and good not lights that give me vertigo and wanna puke.

R

ryanwilcox03

My LED garden with buds the same size that come from my 1000w HPS garden. But this is only -240w of LEDs:
View attachment 355774 View attachment 355775
This looks great. What kind of LED are you using and how much did you yield I watched my friend get over 1lb per 300 watt illumitex neosol, and they claim Yiu get over 600 watts hps equicelant. I had another friend buy 25 of them at $1300 ea. it's really expensive.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

This looks great. What kind of LED are you using and how much did you yield I watched my friend get over 1lb per 300 watt illumitex neosol, and they claim Yiu get over 600 watts hps equicelant. I had another friend buy 25 of them at $1300 ea. it's really expensive.

Honestly? ? Elbow off 300w?? You led dudes got me considering atleast a try.

619ster

619ster

Wow that's really good numbers from a 300w. I've been looking at those Neosol and other panels using Illumitex diodes. They've done well in the gardens I've seen them in so far. Never seen numbers like that though but mostly I've seen them used as supplemental lighting. I have a friend at another site who made his own fixture using the Surexi (Illumitex) modules. He's vegging with about 50w of LEDs (his DIY panel), and will flower with his Neosol 300w. They really are expensive though but I have yet to invest anymore into my 3 year old LEDs past the initial $1500 I spent on them 3 years ago.

BTW I'm showing results from my TBS10's from growevolution.com but I use all kinds of LEDs. I have another grow finishing up now that's under some 2010 Spectra's, and will be starting another grow in the new year using Bud Boss panels. I've hit one pound using 600w of LEDs, and last grow with the TBS10's I hit .7 gpw. My grow skills aren't really up there in pulling good numbers though. I don't think I've ever hit 1 gpw or more using even HPS. I need to start scrogging or something!

fractal

fractal

When explaining his choice, did he by any chance use the term "carbon footprint" as a reason he was going with LED? I bet he did, I bet he did!:asshat:

Top Bottom