Just jarred my buds and are showing 58% humidity, should I burp?

• Thread starter CriticalZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Get the Grove Glass Less bags for a consumption bag, they are a little more heavy duty and have the 5 track zipper. They are actually made as a personal use bag rather then a storage bag so they designed them for being handled and opened often.
Good to know I’ll have to look into it thanks.

M

MellowRello

I just trimmed and jarred my buds and its showing 58% humidity. Should I burp?. I hear different opinions about this. Cause really why would I burb if my buds are at the perfect moisture level? Some people say you should either way burp them to let at the gasses. What would you do? I also have boveda packs 62%. Should I add them now or add after the cure. The plant has now been drying for 10 days and I dont’t want to mess up the final step which is curing:)
You're not burping for moisture. The chlorophyll has to break down slowly, this is an aerobic process, (needs air), so you're burping out the gasses the bacteria emitted and burping in fresh air. Best thing to do is keep the air in the room at your target humidity so no matter how much you burp they don't dry out

C

CriticalZ

You're not burping for moisture. The chlorophyll has to break down slowly, this is an aerobic process, (needs air), so you're burping out the gasses the bacteria emitted and burping in fresh air. Best thing to do is keep the air in the room at your target humidity so no matter how much you burp they don't dry out
Thank you, I thought of this myself.
thank you, will be doing this. I’ll just set my drying room at 65%RH and burm em there.

C

CriticalZ

You know for how long you should burp each time?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
This 👆 👆

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Depending on the moisture of the bud it varies, keep track of the humidity with a meter in each jar then you can easily spot issues and gauge the amount of time ✌

M

MellowRello

It depends on the container / situation. You just want to make sure you move the bad air out and fresh air in. I've been in a hurry and just swing the jars around. You can also use a fish tank air pump and silicon tubing to blow out the bad air which only takes a few seconds.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Mike, I’ve been puzzling over your post since Saturday, and I still don’t know what you do after shaking the alcohol! Can you translate, please? 😳
Just shake some in the jars to dissolve trichs off the walls then dump it (or evaporate it and collect the trichs) I was just referencing cleaning the jars but am glad I made a half a week long mystery post in the process 😂

Frankensmoke

Frankensmoke

Boveda packs or the like will NOT be sufficient. Whoever said that it needs the gasses is correct; it needs fresh oxygens I Burp three times a day for the first week (once every 8 hours) twice a day for the second week (yup, once every 12 hours) and. Once a day for the last week.

Top Bottom