Just jarred my buds and are showing 58% humidity, should I burp?

• Thread starter CriticalZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CriticalZ

I just trimmed and jarred my buds and its showing 58% humidity. Should I burp?. I hear different opinions about this. Cause really why would I burb if my buds are at the perfect moisture level? Some people say you should either way burp them to let at the gasses. What would you do? I also have boveda packs 62%. Should I add them now or add after the cure. The plant has now been drying for 10 days and I dont’t want to mess up the final step which is curing:)

electroguy

electroguy

I just trimmed and jarred my buds and its showing 58% humidity. Should I burp?. I hear different opinions about this. Cause really why would I burb if my buds are at the perfect moisture level? Some people say you should either way burp them to let at the gasses. What would you do? I also have boveda packs 62%. Should I add them now or add after the cure. The plant has now been drying for 10 days and I dont’t want to mess up the final step which is curing:)
I think I f-ed a jar with bodiva packs. Turned brown. Be cautious

Mothman

Mothman

I actually target 58% RH. I keep some 62% packs around, but mostly my 58% packs are in use. And yes, if they just went into jars, I’d burp em and air out regardless of initial RH.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

get some grove bags and fuck the burp

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I recommend Grove bags, too. After drying, we cure the buds in Grove bags for 4 to 6 weeks. Then they go in jars.
I like this idea. I had a 1lb bag that I filled from my outdoor and it’s still in there since beginning of November. It’s still good I just feel like it’s a little dry. But I do open it every coupl weeks to fill up my smoke jar. I’m sure that’s why it’s a little dryer than I like. But I’m going to try the bag to jar idea.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Should sell em on flea bay even at £/$10 a jar witch is a give away price that’s £/$300
really i only paid like 20 bucks for a 12 pack case who would paid 30 bucks a jar im talking about quart mason jars plus there covered with trichomes on the inside

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I like this idea. I had a 1lb bag that I filled from my outdoor and it’s still in there since beginning of November. It’s still good I just feel like it’s a little dry. But I do open it every coupl weeks to fill up my smoke jar. I’m sure that’s why it’s a little dryer than I like. But I’m going to try the bag to jar idea.
from what i understand for long term storage you heat seal them

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd dump them out on a cookie sheet for at least 24 hrs. Then a couple of hours every day for a week.
Make sure your jars are Dry Dry or you will end up with mouldy weed. Way to wet yet.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

from what i understand for long term storage you heat seal them
I did that at first but had to break in lol I think a bunch of smaller 1oz bags would work better for me. So I can seal em all and just open a fresh bag every time. It’s not super dry just a little more than I like.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I did that at first but had to break in lol I think a bunch of smaller 1oz bags would work better for me. So I can seal em all and just open a fresh bag every time. It’s not super dry just a little more than I like.
yea i got some half oz , oz ,qp, hp and lb bags i have yet to use my lb bag lol

Newty

Newty

Get the Grove Glass Less bags for a consumption bag, they are a little more heavy duty and have the 5 track zipper. They are actually made as a personal use bag rather then a storage bag so they designed them for being handled and opened often.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I'd be very cautious not to go below 55%RH or 8%MC, that's generally when quality deteriorates and there's no going back.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
really i only paid like 20 bucks for a 12 pack case who would paid 30 bucks a jar im talking about quart mason jars plus there covered with trichomes on the inside
View attachment 2142411
I just put a cup of iso in one shake it, got it he next, repute and clean em lol, but supermarket sells them for $15 for a 12 pack I buy cases and cases for canning food every year, always doing more lol

But I prefer the half gallon jars, same price but only 6 per case but I like curing larger amounts if possible

Tried grove bags a few times wasent a huge fan, they worked but my buds were crispier quicker in the long run storing in them

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I just put a cup of iso in one shake it, got it he next, repute and clean em lol, but supermarket sells them for $15 for a 12 pack I buy cases and cases for canning food every year, always doing more lol

But I prefer the half gallon jars, same price but only 6 per case but I like curing larger amounts if possible

Tried grove bags a few times wasent a huge fan, they worked but my buds were crispier quicker in the long run storing in them
I prefer glass jars and once it's stabilized for a while I throw a small boveda pack in for long term storage. I always put a small one in there tho

Top Bottom