Just Scrogged

• Thread starter Kalimist448
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kalimist448

Any tips on trying to scrog a dense bush? I’m trying to get the lower stems to spread out first so that I can bring them up through the net. It’s Kali Mist so I am trying to keep the height before flipping below 12”. My idea is to have the entire 24”x24” one solid canopy of leaves below 12” before I flip to flower.

Day 28 I believe...
Just scrogged
Just scrogged 2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Any tips on trying to scrog a dense bush? I’m trying to get the lower stems to spread out first so that I can bring them up through the net. It’s Kali Mist so I am trying to keep the height before flipping below 12”. My idea is to have the entire 24”x24” one solid canopy of leaves below 12” before I flip to flower.

Day 28 I believe... View attachment 916790View attachment 916791
I find in my 4x4 I want the scrog net about 3/4 or just a bit better full when I flip or shit can turn into a jungle trust me that's not fun and you will likely lower your yields by having to do some unfavorable things . That net looks like 2x2 squares? I like 3.5 and a min of 3" because it allows me more room to bend when tucking so i don't break the stems. A 2x2 would make it hard to pull growth through and tuck.

I see some plant issues... what medium are you growing in? I don't trust my eye but it look like a tote DWC? what are your temps (air and water), humidity, ph and ppm?

K

Kalimist448

I find in my 4x4 I want the scrog net about 3/4 or just a bit better full when I flip or shit can turn into a jungle trust me that's not fun and you will likely lower your yields by having to do some unfavorable things . That net looks like 2x2 squares? I like 3.5 and a min of 3" because it allows me more room to bend when tucking so i don't break the stems. A 2x2 would make it hard to pull growth through and tuck.

I see some plant issues... what medium are you growing in? I don't trust my eye but it look like a tote DWC? what are your temps (air and water), humidity, ph and ppm?

We actually discussed things prior on a different post I had about two weeks ago. I’m not sure how to link back to that post though. The one with the 15 different fertilizers 😂

K

Kalimist448

D1925A5E 5C9C 44A3 9DE3 B3A39E39DFDA
76C4F62F 5F99 4C3E 995E E605D283694D
E66258CF C316 47FA 8D5E 3B10A22C8965
4D25C212 B2DA 4448 BF96 3E89EECAA9B7
K

Kalimist448

First Time Grower (day 16 from seed)

I have been finding rust spots and discoloration on the leaves and I’m not sure what to do about it. I noticed it 4 days ago and it has shown up more and more. I was told the seeds where “Kali Mist” I have cut the leaves off since they looked beyond the point of return and I did not want the plant wasting energy on the leaves. I am using:

100% pure aeroponic system with a 20 gallon res

2 large air stones with a 793 GPH air pump

1638 GPH constant flow pump

“Morsen 2400W LED Grow Light 2 Dimmer On Off Switch Full Spectrum” light. ~ 12 in above plants
20 on 4 Off timer

6” filtered air in and air out

Humboldts secrets flower stacker
Humboldts secrets Tree Trunk
Humboldts secrets Sweet and sticky
Humboldts secrets Base A
Humboldts secrets Base B
Humboldts secrets Calmag and Iron
Humboldts secrets Golden Tree
Humboldts secrets Plant Enzymes
(Mixed according to feed chart for veg 1 to 700 PPM)

pH down to a pH of 5.00 right now allowed to fluctuate up to 6.00.

And I used a foliage spray ~5 days ago after turning the light off consisting of:
Bayer Neem Oil (1ml/L)
Nectar for the Gods Athenas Aminas (4ml/L)
Spray N Grow coco-wet (5ml/L)
Dyna Gro Pro-Tekt The Silicon Solution (2.5ml/l)
Natures Miracle Molecules Mr. Fulvic (1ml/l)
Technaflora Thrive Alive B-1 Green (2.5ml/L)
Technaflora Magical (2ml/l)
Technaflora Sugar Daddy (1ml/l)
(Mixed with tap water)

Water temps have been ~ 70 degrees F

Air temp ~80 F

Humidity ~ 45% using a diffuser (not enough room in tent for a humidifier)

FIMmed ~ 5 days ago since I need these plants to remain short and bushy. 4 plants in a 24”x24”x48” tent. (Kali Mist was only seeds I could get. I ideally want northern lights and LSD auto).

Plants started in a different aeroponic system under T5 HO grow lights using General Hydroponics part B to 700 ppm. PH of 5.50 allowed up to 6.00. I moved them into then new system 2 days ago. Humidity was ~35%, water temp ~80 F, air temp 75 F.

Upon relooking at the plants I see some purple now. So I feel like I have a phosphorus issue and originally burned the leaves with the foliage spray. I’d like to lower my water temp down but I don’t know a cheap way of doing that.

I added 60 Ml of A and B, 40 ML of tree trunk, and 5 Ml of golden tree to 20 gallons of water. Hoping it’s a deficiency and not nut burn

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm not gonna be much help with aeroponics. I remember now. I think there is a bit to much going on. I don't feel its a deficiency in terms of available nutrients but there is a transpiration issue and that could be from the foliar spray or roots. Fimming will often cause some funky new growth. 5.0 PH is definitely to low 5.6-6.0 is where I feel like you want to be but again this is aeroponics not hydroponics so IDK. Low humidity and high light in the shape they are in could make it worse. I don't feel I can give you the advice you need to bring this back.

K

Kalimist448

I'm not gonna be much help with aeroponics. I remember now. I think there is a bit to much going on. I don't feel its a deficiency in terms of available nutrients but there is a transpiration issue and that could be from the foliar spray or roots. Fimming will often cause some funky new growth. 5.0 PH is definitely to low 5.6-6.0 is where I feel like you want to be but again this is aeroponics not hydroponics so IDK. Low humidity and high light in the shape they are in could make it worse. I don't feel I can give you the advice you need to bring this back.

I have 4 more seedlings I’m growing as well. I figured I might as well try to ride these plants out just so that I can get all my mistakes out of the way at once and learn as much as possible along the way so the next batch come out nice.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have 4 more seedlings I’m growing as well. I figured I might as well try to ride these plants out just so that I can get all my mistakes out of the way at once and learn as much as possible along the way so the next batch come out nice.
Absolutely man> I wish i could be of more help. I personally feel Aeroponics is pretty advanced stuff so the fact you made it this far as a first time grower using aeroponics is a pretty big accomplishment in my books. As for a scrog net I made my own out of 1" PVC and gardening string. I could not find 3.5" anywhere and I found 4" to be a big big for my liking. This is a pic of it, i can't remember the cost but it was cheap.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They look dry and dying
Yeah not to healthy. Its a transpiration issue. The plant is not breathing per se well. Its closing the stomata and that's why the leaves are limp. In soil if no foliar was done I would say its over watered but this will be because of a root issue or the foliar spray that was applied.

rogone

rogone

These holes in net look small ,and the thin wire like this without rubber on it can cut them really easily. Care with that

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

These holes in net look small ,and the thin wire like this without rubber on it can cut them really easily. Care with that
Good call very thin, I'm assuming poly and could cut into the plant from pressure over time

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If i'm honest I would take the net off and flip to flower. I don't think it will make it to harvest and if it does it will be poor. But see how you do things could turn around I just don't see it. You have gained some info and I wouldn't give up on it. Something like aeroponics is advanced and its going to take time to get it right if your set on it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your dead set on it I will venture into some reading and see if I can't help ya more on the next grow. I always love learning and I can usually pick out the key important factors pretty quickly

Top Bottom