Just Wanna Clear Things Up

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

Let make this thread not a discussion more of just an answer. Wanna clear up some info for a buddy of mine.

The question is do you PH adjust before or after adding nutes?

Answer as followed either A,B,C or D

A. Before adding nutes
B. After adding nutes
C. Before adding nutes and after adding nutes
D. All of the above

Thanks hope you farmers can help!

C

CAPO

B...after a couple of hours would be best......Anybody wanna argue what you can add after the ph is set?...like bennies or enzymes?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

pH is the last thing I check after adding everything to my mix. Preferably a couple hours after I mix it; if at all possible, I mix at night for morning feed and pH right before use. I have pH'd at night and found it drifted by morning, with minimal loss (if any) to evaporation. That's why I use this system. Seems to do all right for me, but I'm open to evidence this isn't the best way to go. I tried to do the same when setting up a hydro rez, but that becomes impossible unless you have an extra rez lying around, lol.

G

Gro

none of the above,i'm running H&G at the moment so i ph after base nutes but before adding the rest of the bru.

Aligee

Aligee

B. After adding the nutrients ... using AN ph is always spot on !!!

C

CAPO

roots X
multi zen
algen EX
bud xl
top boost
shooting powder
drip clean
cal green
amino root
mycorrhizal fungus
enzymatic tea
lgt. unsulphured molasses

a short list of some of the components.:winking0067:

I was aware that adding enzymes, beneficials, and molasses are supposed to go in after we PH..but I don't necessarily know why.

These puppies in the following list; don't they mess with the PH or do they buffer out somehow?...I thought boosters were no more than concentrated Macro nutes?

bud xl
top boost
shooting powder
cal green
and maybe even the rootsX...but I don't know what's in it?

G

Gro

the ph does drop after adding the boosters/stimulants.H&G claims it is a natural process due to the live microbial nature of the stimulants.it does correct itself whithin a few hours as they claim.

C

CAPO

Muhahahaha...very interesting.....did ya hear that grasshoppers...living organics...I can dig it!

P

paulycali

My buddy's satisfied and said thanks! He still couldnt believe it since all his plants looked healthy. Now they should go off like theres no tomorrow i told him. He's stoked but still scared to switch things up.

He says when he ph's before adding nutes and then adds the nutes in a specific order they balance out in the end. Crazy ha! His plants do look great and he uses tap water too. Wow!

Does that mean he should see better growth and yield when he does a proper ph test?

Also should he water with plain water next time instead of nutes just in case if he hits the sweet spots ph range and theres too much built up nitrient, will it burn the plants.

He will ph his solution to 6.3 in soil

What you farmers think of that *hit!

420king-spaded

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

C

CAPO

Botanicare, for instance, has PH buffers in their formula...when using tap, it will generally end up being very close to the range you want it....with no need to adjust before or after adding the nutes. There is a few companies that anticipate gardeners using tap and manufacture their formula accordingly. Still wise to check your PH before feeds...and yes alternating between feeding and straight watering is very wise...in soil.
If your "friend" ever decides to start using RO water...he will have to be more ontop of his game when it comes to PH.

B

Blackthumb

B. I ph my water after everything is added.

Try doing it differently and let us know what your results are :)

Top Bottom