Just Wondering Your Opinion ?

• Thread starter The Hippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Hippy

The Hippy

Hey guys
Yes all plants have been getting only RO water only and they seems pretty happy with that.
Two days ago I gave some in veg a bit of fert mix and they seemed to tolerate that pretty good.
I just wish I knew what was wrong in the first place. I pretty sure it they locked up from either too little or too much Cal-mag. I'm assuming if they seem happy with no cal-mag them maybe they got too much. The only thing is I was using a low does of it in all waters ( plain and nute water ).
Was feeding cal-mag in the nutes and water reservoirs too much ??
Should I have only used Cal=mag every other time?
I'm gonna start adding nute in veg and bloom back slowly. I'm afraid of starving the flowering plants while they need to build buds ???
Confusing much !
Also gonna check run off PH and TDS tonight and see if it's come down from it's high numbers a week and half ago
As always I appreciate you guys helping or even caring at all. I'm trying to learn this stuff pretty hard.
Also gonna mix the nutes with no Cal-mag and see how that goes.
Someone here said that the nutes I'm using will supply the needed Calcium and magnesium with adding Cal-mag at all. Is this a reasonable assumption that the nutes have Cal. and Mag. in them already and it will take care of these needs ?

smokin jay

smokin jay

I personally think that you just had a salt build up from all the stuff you were using. I think that the plants were not using everything you were putting in and that caused the burn/lockout you were experiencing. I don't see a problem using the cal-mag in low doses as long as you are keeping your ph and ppms in check. I don't know what your feed water schedule was like but maybe try feed-water-water. If you were feeding every watering a water-feed-water schedule may be fine. As I said before I haven't experienced a cal-mag deficiency while using RO water and peat as medium as long as I was using complete base nutes. If you were running in coco I would suggest it but your not. If the plants are looking good with just your base nutes "don't fix somthin that aint broke". Them babies will tell you when they need something. If you really want to use that cal-mag hopefully someone running peat and RO water can chime in to give you some idea on how to implement that into your feeding schedule.

The Hippy

The Hippy

I personally think that you just had a salt build up from all the stuff you were using. I think that the plants were not using everything you were putting in and that caused the burn/lockout you were experiencing. I don't see a problem using the cal-mag in low doses as long as you are keeping your ph and ppms in check. I don't know what your feed water schedule was like but maybe try feed-water-water. If you were feeding every watering a water-feed-water schedule may be fine. As I said before I haven't experienced a cal-mag deficiency while using RO water and peat as medium as long as I was using complete base nutes. If you were running in coco I would suggest it but your not. If the plants are looking good with just your base nutes "don't fix somthin that aint broke". Them babies will tell you when they need something. If you really want to use that cal-mag hopefully someone running peat and RO water can chime in to give you some idea on how to implement that into your feeding schedule.
Thanks Jay
Very good advise and I will try that water water feed water water feedwater water feed.
I was thinking in that direction as well.
I'm also gonna go with way less cal mag as you also suggest or maybe none at all.
Great advise and thanks again Bro

Top Bottom