Just Wondering Your Opinion ?

• Thread starter The Hippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Hippy

The Hippy

Thanks in advance for your wisdom
Just was looking for a quick tip on this issue.
Using RO with 5ml cal mag every time water and feed. Am I using to little ?
RO water reads 0 TDS on it's own, so maybe they need more cal-mag. Or did I burn them aaarggh. My water with calmag added only reads around 300 ppm with no other nutes.
With the nutes all mixed the Blue truncheon reads 700-800 ppm ...is that too high. Seems pretty low to only go up400 with the other ntes added. In other words doesn't seem to high in the ned at 700-800 ???
I did a run off test and going in was the PH was 6.5 and coming out after watering with cal-mag only was 6.3.....seems ok ?
Really really appreciate any thoughts....thanks very much. I hate to bother you busy folks with this but again thanks very much.
Just wondering your opinion
Just wondering your opinion 2
Just wondering your opinion 3
Just wondering your opinion 4

Bones69

Bones69

I agree does look like both. That 5ml is per gallon correct? Ever try using epson salt? How far along are you in your grow? After first 2 weeks of flower I tend to lay off cal mag Due to the N it has but then again you are using RO water so I am ignorant when it comes to using it but if it is a mg issue try the epson salt.

showmegreen

showmegreen

Magnesium- willin ta bet. Like Bones suggests. Add epsom @ roun tsp/gal an foliar spray. Depending on your tap water id do half ta 2/3 yer RO ta tap or better yet rain water. And DONT feed every time ya water. Check sea's deficiency charts pinned in the infirmary. Some nutes block out others so check which is blockin yer Mg cuz if yer usin that calmag sumptins a blockin

The Hippy

The Hippy

Magnesium- willin ta bet. Like Bones suggests. Add epsom @ roun tsp/gal an foliar spray. Depending on your tap water id do half ta 2/3 yer RO ta tap or better yet rain water. And DONT feed every time ya water. Check sea's deficiency charts pinned in the infirmary. Some nutes block out others so check which is blockin yer Mg cuz if yer usin that calmag sumptins a blockin
I've been trying to cut back the last few month and feed less of everything. Even the cal mag.
Should the epson salts be used alone or with cal-mag.
If I use half tap water and half ro would I then NOT need the cal mag.
sorry this stuff often confuses me.
Thanks for those answers every on so far.

The Hippy

The Hippy

I agree does look like both. That 5ml is per gallon correct? Ever try using epson salt? How far along are you in your grow? After first 2 weeks of flower I tend to lay off cal mag Due to the N it has but then again you are using RO water so I am ignorant when it comes to using it but if it is a mg issue try the epson salt.
Well I grow perpetually. It seems to be happening in Veg as well as Flowering
Epson with cal-mag or replace the cal mag with epson.
Sorry but wasn't completely understanding you thoughts.
Thanks again

smokin jay

smokin jay

What medium are you growing in? Looks like nute burn & mag def maybe lockout from salt build up. How often are you feeding?

The Hippy

The Hippy

Hi Folks...Using Pro-mix BX and only feed nutes every other time. Maybe I'm starving them of Cal-mag as I'm only using the lower end of what they suggest. Of course the RO I'm using has 0 TDS...so maybe the low amount of cal-mag is causing lock up.
Struggling to figure this out
No not using any folior spray at all.
Thanks Guys or Gals

smokin jay

smokin jay

If I
Hi Folks...Using Pro-mix BX and only feed nutes every other time. Maybe I'm starving them of Cal-mag as I'm only using the lower end of what they suggest. Of course the RO I'm using has 0 TDS...so maybe the low amount of cal-mag is causing lock up.
Struggling to figure this out
No not using any folior spray at all.
Thanks Guys or Gals
If I remember correctly high P will cause the mag to lock out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The lower cal-mag wouldn't cause the mag to lockout, but cause it to possibly be def in mag. What nutes are you using?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The dark green of the big fan leaf with the brown edges looks like nute burn Or foliar burn.
But the rest look like micro nutrient deficiency, possibly magnesium and potassium.
I would check your run off pH , after and only after , giving lower leaves a light Epsom foliar (this will spot fix mag-), and letting your soil completely dry out.
If it is soil pH , it is most likely low(or salty), or acidic, its easily brought up
If it is not either if these, imo, she's hungry for micro nutes. Best of luck.
Peace

Edited: does anyone think it could be a potassium abundance causing calcium lockout?

Last edited:
The Hippy

The Hippy

Wow thanks everyone for your valuable time, i really appreciate you experts help !

It seems to affect the older fan leaves first. But then even the new leaves in the buds will start to do it as well.
It affect all the strains I have mainly the same. I get some of this in Veg as well so fel it maybe a common problem in my water mix up.
I have tried just adding only 4-5 ml cal mag to my R/O water and feeding that only as a way of letting them settle out ?? Maybe recover a bit ...Just grasping I guess.
I was always told to back off and go easy if you see trouble. So i have been mixing less nutes for feeding and less cal-mag in both watering and feeding cycles. In other word easing up...maybe that is wrong..I just don't know

I'm from Canada so the products are not familiar to everyone...I put the links to them here.
Nutes I use are

DNF Formula for Bloom part A & B and in veg the Part A & B

DNF Bloom fortifier and veg fortifier in veg

Or Monster Bloom instead of the DNF bloom fortifier

Cal- mag[/QUOTE]
I was also using Super Thrive but it has become unavailable here so switched to this.
Aussie tonic. It's supposed to be the same as Super Thrive

I was using this as well but have backed off in an effort to simplify things
Dense

Those are basically my nutes and I use some Carbo sweeter product lightly that acts as mollasses would I assume ??
DNF Carbo Logic

So basically Start with Ro at 0 TDS and after adding
DNF part A & B
DNF Bloom fortifier
Cal- mag @ 5 ml per gallon/litre
DNF Carbo logic

I end up at 700-800 TDS

Oh ya and always PH it all to 6.5%

Last edited:
The Hippy

The Hippy

Have you checked the ppms of your run off water?
I will check that and report the number here
I will check in and out...
Now are you meaning after feeding with nutes or just the water with cal mag ?

Top Bottom