Justice Department moves to shut down Harborside Health Center

• Thread starter liketosmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

I don't have the article bookmarked to easily snag kolah....but after 1284 I remember the Fed threatening the State that they would hold the State workers admininstering the program/or anyone else involved in commercial MMJ production who worked for the State accountable/liable and that these folks were not immune from prosecution/etc.

If it happens, it will be unprecedented and very, very life-changing for all involved.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
After having attended the Harborside Rally and speaking with some long time activists I come away with a different perspective, sadly even a more depressing one, in that the argument to make this a 10th amendment case is thwarted by two cases that went directly to federal enforcement of the Commerce Clause whereby the government rules that even a group of farmers growing wheat at home for their own consumption has to stop because this could affect interstate transportation of farm goods:

In Wickard v. Filburn (1942), in the context of World War II, the Court ruled that federal regulations of wheat production could constitutionally be applied to wheat grown for "home consumption" on a farm – that is, wheat grown to be fed to farm animals or otherwise consumed on the farm. The rationale was that a farmer's growing "his own wheat" can have a substantial cumulative effect on interstate commerce, because if all farmers were to exceed their production quotas, a significant amount of wheat would either not be sold on the market or would be bought from other producers. Hence, in the aggregate, if farmers were allowed to consume their own wheat, it would affect the interstate market in wheat.

This is completely depressing, it could spell disaster for the entire slow food, farm-to-fork, locavore movement! Yet, We the People will continue to vote in the same people who will engender and foment continuance of this mindset. I am, simply put, astonished. But, wait, it gets better...?

RAICH descision - Angel Raich:
Most recently, the Commerce Clause was cited in the 2005 decision Gonzales v. Raich. In this case, a California woman sued the Drug Enforcement Administration after her medical marijuana crop was seized and destroyed by federal agents. Medical marijuana was explicitly made legal under California state law by Proposition 215; however, marijuana is prohibited at the federal level by the Controlled Substances Act. Even though the woman grew the marijuana strictly for her own consumption and never sold any, the Supreme Court stated that growing one's own marijuana affects the interstate market of marijuana. The theory was that the marijuana could enter the stream of interstate commerce, even if it clearly wasn't grown for that purpose and that was unlikely ever to happen (the same reasoning as in the Wickard v. Filburn decision). It therefore ruled that this practice may be regulated by the federal government under the authority of the Commerce Clause.

Are you fucking KIDDING ME???? What interstate market? The one that's illegal because it's a controlled substance?
So they are of the considered opinion that no national campaign which would propound an impact on states 10th amendment rights would help or create any type of defense in the D'Angelo case. Based on what is happening in LA right now the 'clean up' appears to be well orchestrated, high profile and a top to bottom drive to quash any commercialization of the industry.
Oh, but wait, it's bad on a local level, too. This is occurring in Tuolomne County, just south of me. A group of people who ran a storefront called Today's Health Collective, were 'busted' for profiting from sales, according to the DA of Tuolomne. Sara Herrin, one of the founders of THC and Save the Sisters, is a hospice nurse. They just had another hearing this last week, and were denied their 995 motion, is denying them the SB420 claim of compliance with MMUA and CUA, is denying the MMJ defense in any way, shape or form.

My heart is breaking for them. They're using a Pier 5 attorney, IIRC, but of course it's incredibly expensive. Do you think Tuolomne Co cares? FUCK NO. Do you think they care that these people were trying to help those in pain, dying, fighting disease? HELL NO. Deeply, deeply upsetting.

http://www.todayshealthcollective.com/About/index.html

chazbolin

chazbolin

Deeply upsetting to be sure. But for the sake of taking a big picture look at the current state of affairs, and change, whether or not it's change we can believe in or not is another thing, is happening at a swift pace so let's consider from strictly the MMJ perspective where the industry model might evolve towards;

In states where the distribution of cannabis for medicinal reasons allows a patient who has been given a doctors certificate to do so, the ability to purchase cannabis from a state sanctioned and licensed dispensary for treatment of this condition. In essence this is a doctor prescribing a schedule 1 drug for distribution which under the federal controlled substance act they are not authorized to do under any conditions.

But even those doctors that do write MMJ prescriptions, unlike traditional prescriptions, in this case the doctor is prescribing that with the MMJ prescription the patient can walk into a dispensary and choose whatever strain and dosage they feel will alleviate the condition they got the certificate for. This is clearly a problem in that the ‘medical’ advice they will then receive as to which strain best treats the condition they are afflicted with will then come from the dispensary who in their nice clean, security style, glass enclosed environment will display dozens of strains of cannabis that will undoubtedly go by names that may better suit a brand of skateboard.

As currently handled the doctor is not prescribing a specific strain that will best treat the condition, the pharmacological dosing or any warnings as to how the drug should be treated with other drugs or when to be taken. In effect the prescribing doctor is allowing either that the drug does not warrant these types of recommendations be followed within the prescription or the doctor has passed that responsibility off to the commercial dispensary that has a vested interest as any profit driven business has to ‘recommend’ whatever they happen to have in stock at the time and in any quantity they choose to purchase.

This is clearly not in a real patient’s best interest. When is the last time you walked into a Walgreens or CVS and even bought an over the counter drug and were not given explicit instructions as to how to use it?

If cannabis is to be treated as a homeopathic alternative to empiric treatments then those states that have adopted medical marijuana laws with guidelines and restrictions as to how they may operate they have missed this element of the transaction. Doctors who are skilled in homeopathic alternatives for the patient would issue prescriptions that are based on the patient’s condition; history to best determine what strain of cannabis should be taken, how often, under what conditions. Standardization of the strain should be maintained with independent GC-MS lab testing of the proffered dispensary product http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_chromatography%E2%80%93mass_spectrometry as a gold standard for those prescribed medications thereby assuring consistent response levels when taking the prescribed medication.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Deeply upsetting to be sure. But for the sake of taking a big picture look at the current state of affairs, and change, whether or not it's change we can believe in or not is another thing, is happening at a swift pace so let's consider from strictly the MMJ perspective where the industry model might evolve towards;

In states where the distribution of cannabis for medicinal reasons allows a patient who has been given a doctors certificate to do so, the ability to purchase cannabis from a state sanctioned and licensed dispensary for treatment of this condition. In essence this is a doctor prescribing a schedule 1 drug for distribution which under the federal controlled substance act they are not authorized to do under any conditions.

But even those doctors that do write MMJ prescriptions, unlike traditional prescriptions, in this case the doctor is prescribing that with the MMJ prescription the patient can walk into a dispensary and choose whatever strain and dosage they feel will alleviate the condition they got the certificate for. This is clearly a problem in that the ‘medical’ advice they will then receive as to which strain best treats the condition they are afflicted with will then come from the dispensary who in their nice clean, security style, glass enclosed environment will display dozens of strains of cannabis that will undoubtedly go by names that may better suit a brand of skateboard.

As currently handled the doctor is not prescribing a specific strain that will best treat the condition, the pharmacological dosing or any warnings as to how the drug should be treated with other drugs or when to be taken. In effect the prescribing doctor is allowing either that the drug does not warrant these types of recommendations be followed within the prescription or the doctor has passed that responsibility off to the commercial dispensary that has a vested interest as any profit driven business has to ‘recommend’ whatever they happen to have in stock at the time and in any quantity they choose to purchase.

This is clearly not in a real patient’s best interest. When is the last time you walked into a Walgreens or CVS and even bought an over the counter drug and were not given explicit instructions as to how to use it?

If cannabis is to be treated as a homeopathic alternative to empiric treatments then those states that have adopted medical marijuana laws with guidelines and restrictions as to how they may operate they have missed this element of the transaction. Doctors who are skilled in homeopathic alternatives for the patient would issue prescriptions that are based on the patient’s condition; history to best determine what strain of cannabis should be taken, how often, under what conditions. Standardization of the strain should be maintained with independent GC-MS lab testing of the proffered dispensary product http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_chromatography%E2%80%93mass_spectrometry as a gold standard for those prescribed medications thereby assuring consistent response levels when taking the prescribed medication.

We have a lot of problems here with properly having cannabis as medicine, primarily its the lack of science due to the illegality of the product. That said, I think you are in the right direction as far as being able to set a gold standard for cannabis, but we are very far away from that. I have some very close friends that are involved on the "science" side of cannabis, working on terpene profiling and the whatnot. The problem is when there are any good advancements everyone involved also has some form of vested monetary interest and want to keep their findings "in house". What I have discovered is that no matter who they are, gw or bedroccan or abatin here in the states there is a lot missing in the gc tests and that is why terpenes have popped up, that and they are looking for a way in which to trademark cannabis based off of the genetic profiling, at least that is what I see. Unfortunately we are stuck in the current situation if we want to have people like myself the ability to make a living, because the minute rescheduling goes down then so does the majority of growers and from what I have seen on a micro level so will the quality of cannabis. That said, I will take the loss of my job if it means my friends will be released from prison and that no more of us will go away for this lovely plant. I think we need to get this going on a congressional level, the fair sentencing act is a great start.

sky high

sky high

You make many valid points, chaz.

Bottom line...the drug needs to be rescheduled and the laws need to be changed....again.

My thoughts:

Here in CO the law was written to allow the doctor to write a "recommendation" that cannabis may help your condition. It is not a prescription because cannabis is not a Federally sanctioned drug.

On that same note... nobody selling cannabis in a dispensary has any medical training whatsoever. They are stoners who smoke weed, and that is where their "professional" credentials end. Unlike your analogy about buying drugs at Walgreen's and being informed by a licensed/educated/degreed professional how the drug should be administered..... the person giving you information regarding the drug you are purchasing in a dispensary has NO formal education, no degree in Pharmacology/Chemistry....no nada. He either set up the show and runs it..no education needed/required....or he has hired a snot-nosed stoner to be his "budtender" who also has no degree or education. Pharmacies are not ran that casually and not just anyone can set one up and start selling like folks do with dispensaries. Every employeee handling the drugs in a Pharmacy are degreed, educated, and trained. Likewise, MOST medicines/pills in the Pharma industry are NOT made by humans...they are made by MACHINES....highly controlled, dialed in on dosage, clean, not sprayed with pesticides/other unknowns....etc...

BIG difference from dispensary practices....which are FAR more lax...almost non-existent if the truth be told...

Basically...if folks want this medicine to be taken seriously neither you, or I, or anyone else here reading along here who doesn't have a degree in Pharmacology will be working in this industry. I think folks kinda/sorta forget those kinda things...as well as the fact that the drug will sell for PENNIES on the dollar compared to today's prices/etc. if iit is legalized/regulated/produced by someone other than the guy who has a closet grow who is used to gettin $400 an oz.

If folks want this to go COMMERCIAL, they need to realize that @ some point they will have to step up and join in (go back to school for that Chem/Pharm degree) or they will be left behind.

It amazes me how many folks keep hammering that we need "dispensaries" and they can't see the FACT that @ some point the Gov't WILL take note...will close ALL mom and pop shops...and will set up the same stringent requirements that follow those who work in a Pharamacy. (serious laws, serious requirements, serious penalties for infractions).

keep it at home. Share it. Give it away. This "industry" shit may look good...but every damn person doing it is basically paving the way for the Gov't to take this all over and regulate us...possibly even to a "home" level.

Wake up folks....you can't grow yer own poppies and make yer own sleepies at home..legally... because the GOV'T SELLS OPIATES THEMSELVES... and just like WHEAT.....and OPIES, they ain't gonna let you or me in on the game if THEY are GIVEN MMJ on a plate by the patients who sell out/cower down/give in/ and allow it to happen.

be safe, all

s h

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Chaz.. I have to chew on and consider what you're proposing. My first question is in relation to other naturopathic and homeopathic remedies--are they as tightly controlled as you're suggesting we need to address with cannabis?

There is a lot to be chewing on, my heart is breaking for the people who are embroiled in expensive court battles, and those who've lost their wars with the government. Over a really great fucking plant. My God, what fractious monkeys we are.

sky high

sky high

In Colorado, there is no regulation on homeopathic/natural "remedies" and they are sold in the grocery stores. Pretty sure none of em will get ya HIGH tho.... not a >good< high anyway...LOL.
I've heard talk of regulation...but so far...nothing has changed.

It's sad to see folks sucked into the vortex of Gov't/regulation/etc.... but it also was never a secret regarding any of this that none of it is truly "legal" as long as the Fed holds the puppet strings.

chazbolin

chazbolin

I don't know why I suddenly can't insert links but take the time to copy those I've listed into your address bar and they'll come up. They are good links.

The last three posts go exactly to why I feel so strongly about a 'Grow Your Own, Grow Your Mind, Free The Planet' mentality that people should and must adopt. People by and large are lazy. They would prefer to have someone else do the work and just pay for it. Ease of access, as it were, has created the situation where either the narcos win with the street level Mexican dung weed that is sold and all of the associated violence, lost youth, extortion and corruption that takes place or these nebulous state laws get passed that attempt to thwart federal law by having doctors write 'recommendations' that spawn the commercialization of an industry.

What I still have a hard time wrapping my arms around is why the current AG, Eric Holder has not made it crystal clear, in plain fucking English, that no state law could exist which would contradict the CSA? Period. What would have been so hard about that? Instead he gives us The Ogden Memo;

and the follow up 'clarification' Cole Memo; in which both describe an ambiguous relationship that can allow a schedule 1 controlled substance to have states right to exist but not to let the distribution of that controlled substance to turn into a multi-million dollar storefront model.

From the Cole Memo;

The Department's view of the efficient use of limited federal resources as articulated in the Ogden Memorandum has not changed. There has, however, been an increase in the scope of commercial cultivation, sale, distribution and use of marijuana for purported medical purposes. For example, within the past 12 months, several jurisdictions have considered or enacted legislation to authorize multiple large-scale, privately-operated industrial marijuana cultivation centers. Some of these planned facilities have revenue projections of millions of dollars based
on the planned cultivation of tens of thousands of cannabis plants.

The Ogden Memorandum was never intended to shield such activities from federal enforcement action and prosecution, even where those activities purport to comply with state law. Persons who are in the business of cultivating, selling or distributing marijuana, and those who knowingly facilitate such activities, are in violation of the Controlled Substances Act, regardless of state law. Consistent with resource constraints and the discretion you may exercise in your district, such persons are subject to federal enforcement action, including potential prosecution. State laws or local ordinances are not a defense to civil or criminal enforcement of federal law with respect to such conduct, including enforcement of the CSA. Those who engage in transactions involving the proceeds of such activity may also be in violation of federal money laundering statutes and other federal financial laws.

The Department of Justice is tasked with enforcing existing federal criminal laws in all states, and enforcement of the CSA has long been and remains a core priority.

I added the bold here because that is as close as I can see the DOJ in expressly denying that there exists ANY legal interpretation which could be made that even the compassionate use of self grown MMJ would not contravene current federal law. It all keeps coming back to the same thing that as currently classified as a schedule one drug cannabis should not be legal in any form at any level. The language within these memos that allow for discretionary enforcement and prosecution is subjective. The law should be equally weighted and applied. It is just a matter of time before every state that has legalized MMJ programs will run head on into this reality.

For example lets take a look at Colorado. In June 2012 our current Attorney General, Eric Holder was testifying under oath, before a congressional subcommittee headed by Darryl Issa on Operation Fast and Furious who was being questioned by Rep Jared Polis as to if the DOJ would enforce the CSA in Colorado where stringent guidelines for the distribution of MMJ had been established (the inference being they were doing right in Colorado what California had been doing wrong) whereby Holder responds, under oath, that those who are 'in conformity and not abusing state law would not be subject to a federal enforcement priority.' Seems like a win possibly if you are predisposed to see it that way....unfortunately it was not to be. 30 days later the plot thickened in Colorado.

!

Such Bullshit! Holder could have just given a straight answer that states the official DOJ/DEA policy and been done with that whole line of questioning. Literally 30 days later, 20 Colorado dispensaries where noticed by the DOJ to shut down because they were within 500 yards of a school or playground. Nowhere does the CSA allow for a demarcation that would allow for the cultivation and distribution outside a boundary area. Presumably this would have allowed those outside of this 'boundary' to remain open. I believe a couple of months later that boundary was moved to 1000 yards and more notices to close were sent out by the DOJ. Of course Harborside is not affected by either distance they just made the mistake of getting too large. So tell me where in the federal or state laws MMJ it indicates what 'to big' is? I would like the exact amount in dollars please not square footage.

To anyone who still does not believe fed has not gotten into bed with the pharmaceutical companies to construct synthetic cannibinoids one only need to look back to the 1960's when major university medical studies proved cannabis had uses in empheseyma, high blood pressure, pain relief, etc. When these reports began gaining interest the fed confiscated the studies and in the 70's, then president Gerald Ford moved all THC research over to the drug companies.

This led to the development of drugs that are FDA approved and mimic the high therapeutic index of cannabis such as Sativex;

or my favorite Marinol

oh did that come off the DEA site...my bad.

So to REITERATE Sky Highs point on a patient level:

'It amazes me how many folks keep hammering that we need "dispensaries" and they can't see the FACT that @ some point the Gov't WILL take note...will close ALL mom and pop shops...and will set up the same stringent requirements that follow those who work in a Pharamacy. (serious laws, serious requirements, serious penalties for infractions).' I would only add here that if you need any evidence of to look at the AZ law that prohibits home grow within a 25 mile radius of the licensed dispensary.

keep it at home. Share it. Give it away. This "industry" shit may look good...but every damn person doing it is basically paving the way for the Gov't to take this all over and regulate us...possibly even to a "home" level.

Know your genetics. Grow your own if you can. If not able to get into a small collective as this is presumably still considered legal under DOJ interpretation of federal law. The day of the microgrow is upon us. To make it a microgrow (which begs classification) IMO you don't have hundreds of plants and tens of thousands of watts being consumed.

On a legal/political level change may best come from;

The fraudulent authority to outlaw cannabis was created through the covert use of the Single Convention Treaty, for the unlawful purpose of circumventing the requirement for a constitutional amendment, as was the case with alcohol prohibition. This Treaty really defines the blueprint for our current official federal policy on cannabis. It is unambiguous in that it does not allow for a compassionate use of a certain drugs i.e. cannabis. For over a century, the courts misconstrued the Necessary and Proper Clause, allowing unconstitutional infringements of the 10th amendment, by wrongly conferring upon the Federal government "unlimited authority" when signing treaties.

I suggest that the authority and jurisdiction of the Federal government to enforce laws based upon the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961 should be challenged by California citizens individually in Federal cannabis prosecutions as well as collectively through a voter initiative which authorizes the state to opt out of the Controlled Substances Act until such time that cannabis is rescheduled and/or the fed defines what the exact guidelines and standards are for federal acceptance of the states rights to grant licensing for the compassionate cultivation and distribution of cannabis.

If one of the national organizations gets that initiative on the CA ballot then you can count on my support as it would spell a national opportunity to reschedule or opt out of the CSA.

sky high

sky high

Read this. Its a snip from the page below....outlining the parameters surrounding the laws concerning Drug Free School Zones ..which were enacted in 1989

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug-free_school_zone

Section 21 U.S.C.'860 provides that the penalties for manufacturing, distributing, and possessing with intent to distribute are doubled or tripled when the offense is committed within a specified distance of a school or other facility regularly used by children. Under Federal law the affected areas can include illegal federal drug sales on, or within one thousand feet of, real property comprising a public or private elementary, vocational, or secondary school or a public or private college, junior college, or university, or a playground, or housing facility owned by a public housing authority, or within 100 feet of a public or private youth center, public swimming pool, or video arcade facility.[4]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I keep pointiing out what I feel is obvious, chaz.....and that is that I think every shop/dispensary owner should have been aware of this law.

I mean...1/2 these folks were still in grade school (LOL) when this law passed in '89.... and after that they walked by these blue signs daily. Daily.

So it's crazy to me....someone who did this long before there was any thought of "med" and who avoided ANYTHING for years that might be a tip/lead in to an investigation of my doings... to think that anyone opening a pot shop would think that pot/medical cannabis doesn't fall into this classification/doesn't fall under this Drug Free Zone law and would OPEN THEMSELVES up to any such scrutiny by CHOOSING (for whatever reason) to open a retail cannabis outlet within 1000 ft. of a school/within a school zone. WTF???? If folks didn't research/know their area better/care any more about the vibe they are sending out to the public than to open up within 1000 ft of a school/etc.... is it Holder's fault (for repeating and enforcing law)......or theirs? (I say it's theirs)

And should we, as patients, back them and their stupidity/lack of respect/care as to what they are doing and where ...and exude/exclaim loudly that Holder is wrong and that we are being attacked as "medical marijuana" patients?

I only ask folks to think hard about what they are promoting and standing up for...and for what reason....especially iin today's world where an entire faction of the population chooses to blame others for theiir own failures/poor choices and lack of insight, reason, and common sense.

be safe, be wise.....

s h

chazbolin

chazbolin

If the state licensing bureaucrats are doing their job then these dispensaries should have been eliminated for licensing consideration or at minimum been denied a business license at the local level based on where the store planned on opening and having applied for a business license would have shown to be ineligible based on the code you cited. This is true under any city's municipal code when a business applies for a license and they describe the business and where it will be located. If there is any question as to eligibility the business license must be reviewed then accepted, denied or some type of conditional use permit sets strict standards as to how they an operate under that CUP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making any excuses for profiteers on the backs of patients. But to run any type of business and be in full compliance with the myriad of laws on the books is simply impossible. Most of the time you find out there is a violation by some kind of audit, there is a fine, and you make the repair. Business as usual in the USA. I speak from experience where a small auto body shop I was working with got hit with an Americans with Disabilities Act lawsuit. It took $25K to make that go away and damned near BK'd the guy. I can't even imagine what this national healthcare plan is going do. I met with a CPA a few weeks ago and he told me that those businesses that are affected by the law will see an increase in the labor burden go up by $2.40 per employee.

But there are some straight thinking congressman out there who have had enough of Washington. Just when you think they don't get it someone like this pops up and not only inspired me but at the end of the video the entire house of congress is up chanting USA! USA! This just happened on July 26th and you do not see shit like this on C-Span.

!
-----------
I only ask folks to think hard about what they are promoting and standing up for...and for what reason....especially iin today's world where an entire faction of the population chooses to blame others for theiir own failures/poor choices and lack of insight, reason, and common sense.

I would agree with you on this completely up to 'especially'. It is extremely hard to get fact based information from main stream media and it takes actual work for one to actually sift through the flotsam and jetsam that they encounter then form opinions and set a determined (if so inclined) plan of action. And in this world we live in that type of work and commitment takes a special type of person. Our schools do not turn out alot of people prepared to question authority and do their own due diligence.

So the majority gt their information from traditional media outlets and don't really drill down. It's unbelievable how sanitized even the 'in depth' cable news programs have gotten. I mean to have marginalized Ron Paul as 'unelectable' in the early stages of his campaign is not reporting. It's Op-Ed. Pure and simple. And what drives these programs. It's simple. Power.

When someone, or some group, takes power they want control over other peoples lives. And they do this by controlling every aspect of your life from the cradle to the grave. At a young age you're indoctrinated into a sanctioned curriculum whereby opinions are formed at an early age. Today we are driven to believe that there are no winners and losers. Having a score in a sporting event is unfair to the loser. We are equal in the eyes of our government with no special consideration given to race, creed or religion. This systematization does not fly. Albert Einstein and Steve Jobs went to public schools and there sure to hell was something special about these two and they received the same education as everyone else in the room. They were genetically programmed to do great things. When others said why, they said why not?

After school comes religion. Nuff said

Then you work (hopefully). Your pretty much tied up for 40+hours a week. Not much time or energy to devote to a true understanding of what's going on around you.

Then there is the political affiliation of your choice. In a democracy, like ours, you have to pick a 'team' in our case one of two and support them because that is the freedom we have been afforded.

And if there is anything left to reward ourselves we can get distracted by Dancing with the Stars or World Cup Soccer or some other such 'team' diversion.

True power, the ability to take control over others, is systemic in that not only does it do so without those being controlled resist it, they welcome it. It isn't until unemployment reaches depression era highs, inflation severely limits their ability to buy what they used to be able to afford but now can not or that people feel the 'other guy' is doing better then they are that the sheeple even begin to take stock in how we got to this point. Up until then they are not only not informed or misinformed but they choose to ignore the danger signs for what is going on around them.

Here's one: paper money is fiat currency. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_currency It has no value fixed long term value. You work all your life, or at least some of us do, to attain 'wealth' that when measured by how much you've saved or is in your 401k, is by media standards, a sign of 'success'. But you have to die at an early age or the retirement funds that you so faithfully paid into will not be there to survive your extended retirement. Not enough new money coming in to support those that no longer contribute. That is especially true in union pension funds where a slow economy has seriously jeopardized the solvency of these funds. This I know for a fact on at least one AFL-CIO pension fund.

So the world and it's economies must evolve. The latest mechanism for that was laid out by the inventor of the internet, Al Gore. Cap and Trade is coming and it is to designed to control emissions and support 'sustainable development'. It will be another unfair burden on business in this country as the playing field is not at all level. To that end I would suggest familiarization with the UN Agenda 21 Treaty that the USA is also a member nation in and since it's treaty it did not require congressional approval to enter into. To those familiar with the Single Convention on Narcotics you will notice a pattern developing here.

sky high

sky high

In my county here in the mountains....no business license is required.....nor does the County even know you have a business until you (a) show up iin the phone book (b) advertise in the local paper you are open (c) pay county taxes on sales and show up on the tax roll.

So in the case of the 5 dispensaries that originally opened here in 2009, it was up to the folks running/opening the business to regulate themselves as far as where they located their show, not the county.

definitely a "cart before the horse" kinda gig all the way around, IMO.

MasterOFkush

MasterOFkush

Does anyone know if there shutting down both the Oakland and San Jose locations? I've heard the Oakland one already got shut down, but the San Jose one looks to be in motion still.

chazbolin

chazbolin

Maybe one of the esteemed members of this forum might have an answer for this. It has me thoroughly flummoxed.

How does the DOJ/DEA continue to justify cannabis being classified as a schedule one drug when the US Dept of Health and Human Services has a patent on cannibinoids under US patent no 6630507 which maintains that cannabis has medicinal value as an anti-oxidant and a neuroprotectant treatment?

Am I missing something here?

View attachment US6630507.pdf
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Maybe one of the esteemed members of this forum might have an answer for this. It has me thoroughly flummoxed.

How does the DOJ/DEA continue to justify cannabis being classified as a schedule one drug when the US Dept of Health and Human Services has a patent on cannibinoids under US patent no 6630507 which maintains that cannabis has medicinal value as an anti-oxidant and a neuroprotectant treatment?

Am I missing something here?
How do the feds deem it illegal yet receive tax monies through the IRS and not be in cooperation with money laundering...?
Welcome to the land of the free!
Your not missing anything, it's America.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Alright, now for the next step. This isn't exactly a win for Harborside, but it is setting up certain legal precedents.

Top Bottom