Kabers And Blue Dream Medical Grow Log

• Thread starter john martin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
john martin

john martin

Day 5 flower (6 days darkness before flip... was waiting on equipment to show up and plants were getting too tall. should make them flip harder...):

8 x 600w HPS in cooltubes
4 x 440w California Lightworks LED
8x exhale co2 bags
smart pots
fresh cold air intake / a/c / dehu.
scrog

about 82.5 watts per square foot, which is on the high end, especially considering the LEDs are less than 350 each and compete with the 600s

going for maximum quality

68-74 degrees F
35-40% RH

12 blue dream (from clone)
8 kabers (from clone)

food made into tea before feeding:
roots organic soil and liquid nutes and dry amendments
insect frass
bushmaster (try not to use, but plants are more tall than usual. greatly increases yield of kabers)

diotamacious earth
soul synthetics amino aid and big swell
sns 209
azamax
mighty wash

kabers will go 8 weeks
blue dreams will go 10 weeks

will update every week or two

video:

(strains on the way, that will be in upcoming grow logs):
Hindu Kush (clone)
Gorilla Glue (clone)
OG 18 (clone)
Sweet Tooth Fem. (Barney's Farm)
Pineapple Chunk Fem. (Barney's Farm)
Peppermint Kush (Barney's Farm)
Chemdog 91 Fem. (Cali. Connect)
White Siberian Fem. (Dinafem)
Thunderbud Fem. (Holy Smokes)
Sour Diesel Fem. (Reserva Privada)
Exodus Cheese Fem. (Greenhouse Seeds)
Afgooey Fem. (Strain Hunters)

Kabers and blue dream medical grow log
Kabers and blue dream medical grow log 2
Kabers and blue dream medical grow log 3
Kabers and blue dream medical grow log 4
Kabers and blue dream medical grow log 5
Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Right on I am curious tho why do you have the LEDs farther away from the plants then you do the HPS?

I thought LEDs should be alot closer to help supplement?

john martin

john martin

They vary, these are using 5w diodes powered at over 4 watts each. I have them raised because I just applied bushmaster and did not want to risk burn.

Cali. Lightworks LED are best at between 1 and 2 feet. With them raised at 3 feet they get better spread to the side, and as the plants stretch they will grow to the 1 foot mark.

LED Infographic Complete1
Last edited:
john martin

john martin

Hit the blue dreams today with nitrogen heavy foliar feed and got some nitrogen and cal./mag. heavy tea brewing for their feeding tomorrow.

No fading allowed until flush! :p}

Also released some lady bugs as preventative bonus.

Looking into companion planting...

No issues with pests, but preventative is the way to be!

john martin

john martin

I played around with some cheaper 100 and 200 watt LED a few grows ago and noticed whatever was directly under them was chunkier, more mature, smellier, prettier, and just plain more dank than anything not directly under it. With that said... that was with the cross-lighting of the HPS, haven't done any solo LED runs yet. Since it is wonderful winter (free cooling) I have been considering putting my tent up in another room and playing around with my spare off-brand LED and seeing what happens.

I know I have read that most people using LED take longer to finish and get better quality, but lessor yield... I think a combo of HPS and LED is some pretty amazing bang-for-buck + some pretty amazing quality + some pretty amazing maturation effects.

I also noticed that these results came without as much yellowing as the surrounding buds, which I cannot explain, but it caused the plants to drink more water and use their food more .. evenly/conservatively?

I tested one 440w Cali. Lightworks LED last grow and was so impressed that I added 3 more, which you see above.

Been giving Blue Dream extra, extra, extra Nitrogen and they are surely greening up, but boy they HOG that nitrogen!

I already had 6x 600W ballasts, which is why I added two more and went with 600w cool tubes, otherwise I *might* have gone with the 1,000w cooltube hoods that come with a bigger reflector.

Been considering using some mylar-like material and beefing up the reflection of the lights a bit, but I'm overall very happy with them, they are called "Neptune 6" and the same company has a beaufitul 6 and 8 inch version for 1,000 watts that I have been eyeing rather hard lately.

I can say though that the cool tubes are so cool that I can put my wrist up against the glass directly under the bulb indefinitely without any issues (other than some radiation maybe lol).

Last edited:
dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

Nice looking garden.. whats the kabers genetic makeup? Ive been running a Capers that's seems to be a clone only strain for about 4 years.. I cant seem to find any info online. Ive heard many different stories?? I was told that it was called Kabers by some local kids that seen to know the most about it.. Do have any finished pics of kabers?

john martin

john martin

Kapers AKA Kabers = same thing, it originated in SouthWest Michigan quite a while back and I have talked to 4-5 complete different groups of people around this area that all tell me this:

1. It is Hindu Kush
2. It is Hindu Kush x Thai
3. It is the pre-curser to Bubba Kush and was taken from Michigan to Colorado and California quite a while back

But, I have both the local SW Michigan clone only Kabers and the clone only Hindu.

Me and several friends grow both side-by-side and they are almost exactly the same, but the Hindu is a bit less sweet and a bit more ... hashy (hard to explain). The Hindu eats a bit more food and if fed right can chunk up a bit more. The Kabers/Kapers is a bit more sweet.

Both should be taken almost right at 8 weeks ... any longer and they start loosing potency and taste.

My last harvest of Kabers/Kapers wasn't my best, but I'll take a nug shot in a bit here and next time I'm at my friends I'll take nugshots of his (grown very nicely) as well as another friend's Hindu.

The Kapers name comes from the food/spice 'kapers' as the smell is supposedly similar and I'm assuming also fits with the strain having tight, small, chunky nugs all over.

Almost everyone I know that grows it hits it with bushmaster as this is only popularly known way to get a huge yield of it. The strain loves Paclo. it seems.

Dieseldog, I assume you also live in S.W. Michigan? :-)

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

well said!! I thought it looked familiar in the pics.. I heard that it was purple kush x thai and that their were two pheno's floating around.. I didn't think there was much truth to it. Ive been looking for some solid info for some time.. Its some fire that's for sure..
which pheno is this leaning towards?
 DSC0202 DSC 0357

john martin

john martin

Those pics look more like the Kabers/Kapers than the Hindu, I say this because the triangle crown at the top. Hindu is much more round looking. Im my experience the Kabers/Kapers rounds out more when you feed it more food, but doesn't chunk up as much as the Hindu.

Those look keify :)

O

Organicyumyum

They vary, these are using 5w diodes powered at over 4 watts each. I have them raised because I just applied bushmaster and did not want to risk burn.

Cali. Lightworks LED are best at between 1 and 2 feet. With them raised at 3 feet they get better spread to the side, and as the plants stretch they will grow to the 1 foot mark.

just a heads up, bushmaster is poison. Please reconsider using this stuff on your next crop. Room looks tight though

john martin

john martin

I hear ya bro.
"bushmaster (try not to use, but plants are more tall than usual. greatly increases yield of kabers)"
I used it because the plants were way too tall and even supercropping and netting wasn't enough. The studies showing it causes cancer in lab rats (or mice?) they had basically lived off the paclo. The tiny amount of paclo used (1 ml per gallon) in the plants is a lot different story. Regardless, I used my last bit up and will be using alfalfa tea as an alternative in the future :)

Top Bottom