Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Ok what is the sannie open grow forum?
Hey amekins , I was addicted to a forum called overgrow back in the 90's it was big .... Really the only place to connect with growers , it was all underground and a lot of the top guys of today along with their strains chatted there ....
I had no intention of looking at a forum since then , then a younger friend began encouraging me to see what the new generation of growers were doing , I'm not " new " I'm almost pre historic
I started growing in 1976 ish
So he wanted me to join open grow , it's just another forum , means nothing to me ....
The creator , or I think he created it is " sannie " he's European or English ? I'm not even sure , he has a seed company called sannie's seeds .....my buddy was interested in his crosses , sannies claim to fame is re inventing the " jack herer " strain , I think he did 5 generations , maybe 8 ? I guess you / and I can get the exact facts with a Google search but I'm too lazy and don't really care , I think he did some work with " dynasty" seeds ...or at least sells them on his site , I will say he does some amazing photography , and I grew out silver fields and his jack herer plants , they were very nice but I have many other interests than the jh , if you don't know who jack herer is , Google and read up on him ...he's the emperor of cannabis and a part of cannabis history that's worth paying attention to .....
Sorry I spoke in code with kanzeon , I know you are also enjoying and reading the posts , next time I see you following anything I speak about , I'll make it understandable ....

amekins

amekins

Hey amekins , I was addicted to a forum called overgrow back in the 90's it was big .... Really the only place to connect with growers , it was all underground and a lot of the top guys of today along with their strains chatted there ....
I had no intention of looking at a forum since then , then a younger friend began encouraging me to see what the new generation of growers were doing , I'm not " new " I'm almost pre historic
I started growing in 1976 ish
So he wanted me to join open grow , it's just another forum , means nothing to me ....
The creator , or I think he created it is " sannie " he's European or English ? I'm not even sure , he has a seed company called sannie's seeds .....my buddy was interested in his crosses , sannies claim to fame is re inventing the " jack herer " strain , I think he did 5 generations , maybe 8 ? I guess you / and I can get the exact facts with a Google search but I'm too lazy and don't really care , I think he did some work with " dynasty" seeds ...or at least sells them on his site , I will say he does some amazing photography , and I grew out silver fields and his jack herer plants , they were very nice but I have many other interests than the jh , if you don't know who jack herer is , Google and read up on him ...he's the emperor of cannabis and a part of cannabis history that's worth paying attention to .....
Sorry I spoke in code with kanzeon , I know you are also enjoying and reading the posts , next time I see you following anything I speak about , I'll make it understandable ....
Thank you for the explanation. Speak freely as you normally would. I’ll ask if I need to :-). I’m just eavesdropping here.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Just finished trimming the Lemon Citron, Moscow Blueberry, and second PKO. The first one vaped well, but was obviously the least vigorous and the end result reflects that.

The Lemon Citron's initial vape was beautiful. Not quite exactly lemon zest, more like lemon meringue pie filling. But it absolutely hits the note of lemon that I was looking for. I'm anticipating it getting better as it cures, of course.

Also, even seeded, that Tree of Life is a nice smoke. Chill, meditative, calming. I might circle back around and give these genetics another shot down the line

Eventually I want to make a strain that tastes like a Riesling from Alsace. Nose and flavors of lemon pith/zest, elderflower/lily, and diesel/petrol. Likely a couple years out, but I feel like I've got the building blocks now.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Made a bunch of crosses this week! Got enough G13 Hashplant pollen that I'll be able to have some for the next 6 months or so, so I cut those two studs.

Really hoping I can get some pollen off of the Nepalma and Herijuana males in the next few days.

Lemon OGK x G13 Hashplant, Silverfields, and Moonglow (ECSD x Moonshine Haze)
Nepalma x G13 Hashplant, Orient Express, Killer Queen, and Moonglow
Moonglow x Moonglow, G13 Hashplant, Orient Express, Killer Queen
Col'Jam (Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread) x Killer Queen,

Those pheno hunts ought to keep me busy for a while. 😆

These ladies are so chunky. I love it.

Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 36 22

G13 Haze!

Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 35 32

Here's the keeper Lemon OG Kush.

Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 36 12
Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 35 55

Moonglow! That reveg didn't hurt her a bit. 😉

Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 35 14
Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 34 59
Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 34 39

Lambsbreath x AK-49

Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 34 22

Col'Jam

Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 34 00

And the second to last of the PKO's!

Screenshot from 2020 11 24 21 33 43

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Landed and got set up, finally. Hit a bunch of hiccups along the way but at the end of the day it's all good.

A couple smoke reports:

PKO: Yeah, I'm a proud papa. This is a good damn strain. There's zero body thunk to it, but the head is a wonderful bouquet of mind-clearing euphoria and positivity that lasts for a good hour and a half. Might just grow out that cross with Black Afghani here soon, once things get more settled. Pheno hunting the F3's will be fun.

Lemon OG Kush: Even with a week plus in darkness, the final product was okay. It was a casualty of some unforeseen logistical complications, but it had a very pleasant, introspective high. Didn't taste much like lemon, but that's not the genetics' fault on this one, I'm pretty sure. Looking forward to the next time I can get this dropped and dialed in.

C99 x Durban-Thai: Holy shit. I'm so glad I have a rooted clone of this, because the first plant is just about gone after being cut a week ago. It's a superlative high- energetic but not racy, stimulating but not foggy, just good happy do stuff weed. Helps me quite a bit with autism-related sensory stuff, as well.

That Col'Jam is still flowering, I'll probably give it another week or two to see how it finishes. Nepalma likely has 3-4 more weeks to go. Just chopped the LB x AK-49, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. Might sample vape a small bud tomorrow. Pics will be coming, since it thickened up beautifully in the last couple weeks.

Now it's just a matter of refining the space and making it work for me.

Flipped a Sky Cuddler, G13 Hashplant,

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Good to hear you made it and are settling in dude! That sky cuddler is one hungry bitch in flower! Either that or mine has issues lol... its showing N deficiency on me. But the buds look and smell great!. And the LBxAK49 is really unusual, way behind everything else but its really unique, and the whole plant, stem and all is covered in trichs.. really wild looking. And leaves sticking straight up praying!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Good to hear you made it and are settling in dude! That sky cuddler is one hungry bitch in flower! Either that or mine has issues lol... its showing N deficiency on me. But the buds look and smell great!. And the LBxAK49 is really unusual, way behind everything else but its really unique, and the whole plant, stem and all is covered in trichs.. really wild looking. And leaves sticking straight up praying!

Yeah dude! They'll chunk up later on in flower, don't sweat it. Your Sky Cuddler is ahead of mine now, so I'll get started supplementing N, haha.

You're gonna love that C99xDT, too. Did you take a cut of the LBxAK?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah dude! They'll chunk up later on in flower, don't sweat it. Your Sky Cuddler is ahead of mine now, so I'll get started supplementing N, haha.

You're gonna love that C99xDT, too. Did you take a cut of the LBxAK?
Yep, ive still got vegging cuts of Sky Cuddler, LBxAK, C99xDT and the purple wreck. And yeah i can see it has wicked potential, the resin glands are poppin off it everywhere.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yep, ive still got vegging cuts of Sky Cuddler, LBxAK, C99xDT and the purple wreck. And yeah i can see it has wicked potential, the resin glands are poppin off it everywhere.

Awesome.

Yeah, it got the same "in the dark for over a week straight in mid flower" treatment that all of the others did, and then bounced back and made pretty nice buds. Just vaped one of the drier ones, actually. I'm stoked to see how it does for you!

It's good enough that my short term memory is rapidly diminishing and time is slowing, which is a nice change of pace from the PKO and the C99DT, which are both much more clear-headed, and the Lemon OG Kush, which I described in my notes as a "brain drill" because it's so analytical and introspective.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Everything looks great in here man, lots of tall colas, nice job. Looks like your getting close.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

That was all the old room, alas. This Col'Jam cola is pretty cool though.
Screenshot from 2020 12 31 01 51 57

Yep, only 4 flowering plants right now. Need to figure out a better environment before I can really upscale. G13 Hashplant, Sky Cuddler, Col'Jam, and Nepalma. None of these ugly bitches are winning a trophy anytime soon, but they'll do for now. On the plus side, I haven't seen any PM at all since the spring. I think that maintaining VPD is huge.

Screenshot from 2020 12 31 01 51 37
Screenshot from 2020 12 31 01 51 27
Screenshot from 2020 12 31 01 51 18

The new space is much smaller, but I'm making it work. I've found that the heat from the (strategically placed) drivers for the lights has been enough to keep the whole place warm, which is a nice bonus. Especially considering I have another 240w HLG board that needs to have a home made for it.

One of the biggest bummers is that I lost all of my vegetable and herb seeds in the move. Over a dozen kinds each of peppers and tomatoes, obscure herbs, cucumbers, melons, pumpkins, and squash. And $400 cash got stolen. But I'm in a more sustainable situation now and all of that can be replaced.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

It's very likely that if I can get the drivers figured out, I'll have a closet with dual-layer flowering and a dual-layer veg area sharing a ventilation system. Might even end up with more plants than before, just more efficiently!

Top Bottom