Kaskadian's Late Outdoor 2017 Log

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Evening all,

Well... getting a super late start this season. I had a bunch of killer strains planned for 2017. I got a cutting from a m8 of mine I stupidly didn't quarantine and my babies in veg ended up getting root aphids. I have no one to blame but myself for that. Either way, I tore down everything, sanitized, and had to start fresh. Ended up having to go out of town for family issues as well which delayed the re-start further.

After everything above... I ran into some serious nutrient lockout from a combination of things. I believe it was a PH issue, combined with some over watering, and intense exposure from HID lighting on the wee ones. The plants basically stopped growing entirely, got super yellow/brown, looked absolutely horrible. I've since corrected this issue, adjusted PH, replanted into larger containers, and dialed my MH down to 300w instead of the 600w I was running. I had a good distance from the canopy but I suppose the intensity was way to strong even high above the plants.

Popped 15 beans (all BOG's gear)
5x Bogglegum
5x Blue Moon Rocks
5x Lifesaver

15/15 Germination (100%)
1x Mutant (I killed off)
1x Twin (still alive)

Medium: Happy Frog
Nutrients: Cal-Mag, Guano Teas (extremely light dosage)

I'm an OMMP grower here in the state of Oregon. I grow just for my wife & myself. I have 14 plants left, still looking very rough but definitely improved over where they were at. The plants will be going out a bit later this season because of my rough start/s. I'm hoping there are no more hangups. We had some nice sun for a change here in Oregon so I've been gradually introducing the plants to this natural sunlight whenever possible. I'm expecting to plant outdoors at the end of the month, or possibly early next month. We still have a lot of cold temps & rain rolling in during the coming weeks.

Update 5 10 2
Update 5 10

Wish me luck guys! I've had a few accidents + bad luck along the way, and I'm hoping that's all behind me for the remainder of the season.

Cheers,

Kas

purpnugz

purpnugz

Evening all,

Well... getting a super late start this season. I had a bunch of killer strains planned for 2017. I got a cutting from a m8 of mine I stupidly didn't quarantine and my babies in veg ended up getting root aphids. I have no one to blame but myself for that. Either way, I tore down everything, sanitized, and had to start fresh. Ended up having to go out of town for family issues as well which delayed the re-start further.

After everything above... I ran into some serious nutrient lockout from a combination of things. I believe it was a PH issue, combined with some over watering, and intense exposure from HID lighting on the wee ones. The plants basically stopped growing entirely, got super yellow/brown, looked absolutely horrible. I've since corrected this issue, adjusted PH, replanted into larger containers, and dialed my MH down to 300w instead of the 600w I was running. I had a good distance from the canopy but I suppose the intensity was way to strong even high above the plants.

Popped 15 beans (all BOG's gear)
5x Bogglegum
5x Blue Moon Rocks
5x Lifesaver

15/15 Germination (100%)
1x Mutant (I killed off)
1x Twin (still alive)

Medium: Happy Frog
Nutrients: Cal-Mag, Guano Teas (extremely light dosage)

I'm an OMMP grower here in the state of Oregon. I grow just for my wife & myself. I have 14 plants left, still looking very rough but definitely improved over where they were at. The plants will be going out a bit later this season because of my rough start/s. I'm hoping there are no more hangups. We had some nice sun for a change here in Oregon so I've been gradually introducing the plants to this natural sunlight whenever possible. I'm expecting to plant outdoors at the end of the month, or possibly early next month. We still have a lot of cold temps & rain rolling in during the coming weeks.

View attachment 699377 View attachment 699378

Wish me luck guys! I've had a few accidents + bad luck along the way, and I'm hoping that's all behind me for the remainder of the season.

Cheers,

Kas
Ahh sour lifesaver the 50 day flower girl. Careful in moist conditions with her. :love2:

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

I wanted to give there lsd,grape and Cindy a whirl so popped one of each.

You'll be very happy with all of BOG's gear. I've never had anything bad from BOG. He's a good dude, and his genetics are excellent. I'm kicking myself for not getting a pack of his Sweet Cindy for this season.

*EDIT*
Just saw your pics, looking good m8!

purpnugz

purpnugz

Thanks dude newbie here
Here's a young Cindy female it's perfect for outdoors so I hear.
She wants to be a xmas tree lol
IMG 1239
IMG 1241
IMG 1242
You'll be very happy with all of BOG's gear. I've never had anything bad from BOG. He's a good dude, and his genetics are excellent. I'm kicking myself for not getting a pack of his Sweet Cindy for this season.

*EDIT*
Just saw your pics, looking good m8![/QUOTE

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Watered plants today with a dose of liquid kelp (0-0-1). Hoping to be able to sex them soon.

Irish063

Irish063

Evening all,

Cheers,

Kas
Sorry to hear about your rough goings. I had the same situation happen to me with too intense of light, ph, etc.. mine are all pulling through now. Looks like yours are as well. I'm telling myself it will just make them hartier in the end :)
Good luck for the rest of the season. I'm gonna tag along and see if I can pick up some tips. Still learning.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Sorry to hear about your rough goings. I had the same situation happen to me with too intense of light, ph, etc.. mine are all pulling through now. Looks like yours are as well. I'm telling myself it will just make them hartier in the end :)
Good luck for the rest of the season. I'm gonna tag along and see if I can pick up some tips. Still learning.

Glad to hear yours are doing well and recovering too! I learn something new every single time I grow brother. Shit happens to all of us; learning from our mistakes is the key to improving. :) I'll have to look around, I hope you're doing a grow log! Glad you'll be along for the ride!

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Quick update folks! Plants are doing well, they've packed on some size in the last week. The plants haven't gotten much outdoor time this last week as the weather has been mostly chilly, cloudy, and rainy. Starting tomorrow, I'll be introducing them to more and more sun (gradually) as we have a nice break in the weather and a huge jump up in temperature. Temps today were around 60F (15C) today, and it'll continue to climb throughout the week before peaking at 90F+ (32C), and dropping back down. Damn Oregon weather!

I'm starting to see signs of the plants showing sex. I'm hoping that happens in the next week or two. I'm ready to get some plants in the ground!

Cheers all!
Temps

Irish063

Irish063

Glad to hear yours are doing well and recovering too! I learn something new every single time I grow brother. Shit happens to all of us; learning from our mistakes is the key to improving. :) I'll have to look around, I hope you're doing a grow log! Glad you'll be along for the ride!
Thanks man. Yeah its def a great learning experience as you go. I think I'm going to start one. Wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the time but I think it will be a great way to document things and get perspective from everyone in real time. I'll have to start getting one together this weekend

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Thanks man. Yeah its def a great learning experience as you go. I think I'm going to start one. Wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the time but I think it will be a great way to document things and get perspective from everyone in real time. I'll have to start getting one together this weekend

Take advantage of the knowledge this community has to share. When I started growing OG was still around, HG420 was still around, and I was active on both of those forums before they were shut down. About 75% of what I know today came from either me asking questions, and/or getting feedback from experienced members. The same is true today. The remaining 25% comes from trial and error.

If you get your grow log up, I'll be sure to stop by and tag along for the ride!

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

The plants are now 100% outdoors. They're been getting partial sun on and off for a while now, and they're finally outdoors. I'm keeping them under cover at night, then transferring them out where they'll be in the ground under full sun in the morning.

Next week they're getting their first post-transplant feeding. I'll be brewing organic teas with a mixture of guano, kelp, ewc, molasses, and some other goodies. Hoping to get them in the ground by the end of the month, or early next month at the latest.

Cheers,
Kas

5 20 17 1
5 20 17 2
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Got some teas started...

1gal water
1/4c EWC
2 tbsp 9-3-1 Guano
3ml liquid kelp extract
1 tsp superthrive
1 tbsp molasses

I will be diluting to 4-5 gallons. I have some apple trees, cherry trees, and blueberry bushes that are ready for a snack as well. If nothing else, I'll dilute further and go for a foliar feeding. I was enjoying a small bowl of lemon OG enjoying the weather.

Tea1
Lemon OG

Top Bottom