Kaskadian's Late Outdoor 2017 Log

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

To a fellow Oregonian outdoor grower, I'm mad that I didn't find this thread sooner. Very nice looking plants, and also I nice tea recipe you got there. My babes are still in a tent, need to get my Damn fence built. Your right, this weather is amazing for Oregon. I will be following along closely.

Irish063

Irish063

Take advantage of the knowledge this community has to share. When I started growing OG was still around, HG420 was still around, and I was active on both of those forums before they were shut down. About 75% of what I know today came from either me asking questions, and/or getting feedback from experienced members. The same is true today. The remaining 25% comes from trial and error.

If you get your grow log up, I'll be sure to stop by and tag along for the ride!

Yeah dude, Ive learned so much from thus site over the last year is ridiculous and i love how willing to help 95% of the members are. Sweet, thanks man. I just got it up last night. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/4-strains-2nd-grow.89189/ (4 strains. 2nd grow).

Awesome to see your girls are fully outside. I will get mine in the greenhouse later this week. Still debating whether to go in the ground or stay with smart pots for the final transplant. My ground over here has a ton of clay in it so there wouldnt be much root growth past the hole I dug I imagine. I tried doing some AACT last year, but i think it was lacking some things. It will be good to learn some more about them. Anyway, look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

To a fellow Oregonian outdoor grower, I'm mad that I didn't find this thread sooner. Very nice looking plants, and also I nice tea recipe you got there. My babes are still in a tent, need to get my Damn fence built. Your right, this weather is amazing for Oregon. I will be following along closely.

Zen, happy to have another Oregonian along for the ride! I'll keep an eye out for your grow log (hope you have one!); always interested in seeing what my fellow Oregonians are growing. Thanks for all the kind words!

Yeah dude, Ive learned so much from thus site over the last year is ridiculous and i love how willing to help 95% of the members are. Sweet, thanks man. I just got it up last night. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/4-strains-2nd-grow.89189/ (4 strains. 2nd grow).

Awesome to see your girls are fully outside. I will get mine in the greenhouse later this week. Still debating whether to go in the ground or stay with smart pots for the final transplant. My ground over here has a ton of clay in it so there wouldnt be much root growth past the hole I dug I imagine. I tried doing some AACT last year, but i think it was lacking some things. It will be good to learn some more about them. Anyway, look forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers

Irish, thanks for the kind words and for linking your grow! I'll be popping over there in a minute to check it out! I feel you about the clay... You could always fill up the holes with better soil and cast the clay aside. That being said it may be easier to just use smart pots. Time to go check out your grow, cheers!

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Zen, happy to have another Oregonian along for the ride! I'll keep an eye out for your grow log (hope you have one!); always interested in seeing what my fellow Oregonians are growing. Thanks for all the kind words
Soon I will have a log going, waiting on a better camera and my fence built before I can even harden them off. Both should be happening within a couple weeks.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

IT'S ALIVE!!! Watered/foliar fed today with the tea diluted to 5 gallon.

Gt5211
Gt5212

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Noticed a few small holes on the leaves of two plants. Didn't notice any pests present, so I have no idea what the heck this could be from. I'm hoping it's just some wind damage from the plants moving around, but rarely are things so lucky. Fingers are seriously crossed that I don't run into a serious pest problem for the second time... :cry:

L1
L2
L3
L4

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

No further damage to plants, and no signs of pests (knock on wood)! I'm hoping I didn't jump the gun a bit early, but I decided to go ahead and do some topping. I figured I should do this now before the stress of transplanting them into their final holes. I'd like to top them another couple of times after they're stable in the ground and have some sexy new growth. I'm not very experienced in outdoor growing, so hopefully I didn't make any major mistakes.

Plants seem to be doing well. Now that they're finally outdoor, they've been growing like crazy. I can't wait to get them in the ground! I'm aiming for somewhere between the 6th - 9th of June. A few plants are showing pre-flowers, but still a few left to go. I'll start picking out all the ladies soon enough.

Cheers,
Kas

Top1
Top2
Top3
Top4

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Plants seem to be taking the topping well. No adverse reactions that I can tell. Watering every other day now (based on container weight); I think they'll be ready to transplant soon. They've definitely outgrown the small 1 gallon containers I have them in. I'm going to give them at least a week before putting them in the ground.

Updates coming soon. Cheers!

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

3/5 holes filled. 24" wide x 24" long x 20" deep.

Soil mix isn't anything special. It's roughly 1/2 happy frog, and a really nice mix from a local nursery that I've used before. It's organic, but it's a bit of a "hot" mix so needs to be blended to be used efficiently. The mix is mostly coco that's been blended with some compost, guano, ewc, kelp, perlite, and a touch of lime, blood meal, and some other goodies. Once they're transplanted I won't be feeding for at least 3 weeks.

I'm hoping for at least 5 plants this season. My m8 is doing his first outdoor grow, and since everyone in Oregon can have 4 plants outdoors I'm certain any extras will have a good home. If not I'll throw them back under the MH and keep em' in veg for growing indoors this winter.

Once all 5 are in the ground I'll get some more pictures on here. The plants are mostly rootbound in their little containers, and starting to get hungry for some N.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

So I may have lied... I decided to transplant a bit early. I popped out a male plant to get an idea of the root situation, and they're definitely looking ready to transplant to me! I haven't done any feeding except for an diluted light veg tea. I only have 2/5 in the ground so far... Still trying to determine the sex on a few others.

1x Bogglegum
1x BMR

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Had another Bogglegum female show her preflowers today. Tiny little pistil popped up. Planted her today with the other BG + BMR. I almost suspected this to be a male until the pistil appeared.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

3/5 holes filled now. Really wanting a healthy LS female now. Then I have to decide if I want a second LS or a second BMR. Tough choices! All these plants are hungry for some N and mostly rootbound. I'm trying my best to get the sex determined so I can feed the others and hand them off to friends.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Cooler temps and light rain rolling into the Oregon valley... about time for a break in the heat. Highs in the high 60's - 70's (Fahrenheit) for the next week.

Non-transplanted plants were getting seriously hungry and starting to yellow badly so I top fed with some guano. May have to hold off a week or so before putting them into the relatively hot mix I have in the ground. I'll play it by ear; they're definitely ready to go in the ground.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Updates coming soon! Still waiting on one more plant to show preflowers. Might transplant into larger containers tomorrow. Plants are seriously rootbound and starting to look bad.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Pics coming today. I'll be transplanting the remaining plants into larger containers today.

The others are packing on size daily in their new holes. I have a BMR that is looking stunning right now. Deep purple hues already in the stem, and leaves. I'm hoping her flowers are as beautiful as she's looking right now.

I had a twin BG at the start. I think I'll be planting her for fun to see how she does. I'm not breeding these, so funky genetics don't scare me.

Cooler temps and quite a bit of rain coming next week in the Oregon valley. Highs in the low-mid 60's for the next week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom