Katsu's MASSIVE Pre-98 Bubba Kush Reversal Bean Run

• Thread starter katsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Erick31876

Erick31876

.5g GA3 to 1 liter distilled water. GA3 isn't water soluble so you will need to add a drop of rubbing alcohol, purchase water soluble GA3, or let it sit for a few days to properly dissolve. Directions suggest that you should "lightly spray" the tops for a couple of weeks until the flowers show. Lower concentrations produce less flowers, higher concentrations may inhibit pollen production - you will probably need to experiment on your plant to find what works best - they are all different. For the P98 reversal, the pollen was a little stubborn dropping and I ended up shaking the shit out of the plant to make sure the pollen came out :)
What is ga3

Erick31876

Erick31876

All of those you are making sound incredible @katsu . Have been dying to try some bubba kush. Am looking forward to seeinf more updates. Keep it up

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

What is ga3
"
Gibberellic acid (also called Gibberellin A3, GA, and GA3) is a hormone found in plants and fungi.[1] Its chemical formula is C19H22O6. When purified, it is a white to pale-yellow solid.

Plants in their normal state produce large amounts of GA3. It is possible to produce the hormone industrially using microorganisms.[2] Nowadays, it is produced by submerse fermentation, but this process presented low yield with high production costs and hence higher prices. One alternative process to reduce costs of the GA3 production is Solid-State Fermentation (SSF) that allows the use of agro-industrial residues.[1] Gibberellic acid is a simple gibberellin, a pentacyclic diterpene acid promoting growth and elongation of cells. It affects decomposition of plants and helps plants grow if used in small amounts, but eventually plants develop tolerance to it.[citation needed] GA stimulates the cells of germinating seeds to produce mRNA molecules that code for hydrolytic enzymes. Gibberellic acid is a very potent hormone whose natural occurrence in plants controls their development. Since GA regulates growth, applications of very low concentrations can have a profound effect while too much will have the opposite effect.[3] It is usually used in concentrations between 0.01 and 10 mg/L.[citation needed]

GA was first identified in Japan in 1926, as a metabolic by-product of the plant pathogen Gibberella fujikuroi (thus the name), which afflicts rice plants. Fujikuroi-infected plants develop bakanae ("foolish seedling"), which causes them to rapidly elongate beyond their normal adult height. The plants subsequently lodge due to lack of support, and die.[2]

Gibberellins have a number of effects on plant development. They can stimulate rapid stem and root growth, induce mitotic division in the leaves of some plants, and increase seed germination rate.[4]

Gibberellic acid is sometimes used in laboratory and greenhouse settings to trigger germination in seeds that would otherwise remain dormant.[3] It is also widely used in the grape-growing industry as a hormone to induce the production of larger bundles and bigger grapes, especially Thompson seedless grapes. In the Okanagan and Creston valleys, it is also used as a growth replicator in the cherry industry. It is used on Clementine Mandarin oranges, which may otherwise cross-pollinate with other citrus and grow undesirable seeds. Applied directly on the blossoms as a spray, it allows for Clementines to produce a full crop of fruit without seeds."

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Neither had I before I began studying other methods of feminizing seeds. (I used CS and it turned out fine but was too much work.) I prefer breeding regs (chucking), but always need a "sure" thing in case the law of averages screws me.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Neither had I before I began studying other methods of feminizing seeds. (I used CS and it turned out fine but was too much work.) I prefer breeding regs (chucking), but always need a "sure" thing in case the law of averages screws me.
So what have you been using lately?

katsu

katsu

Supporter
Just started harvesting some seeds. Testers will be ready to send in about a week to those of you that PM'd me. I'm going to do one more round of pics of the seeded plants and then we're off to the races pheno hunting. I've already sprouted a couple of the Kaffir Kush (Key Lime Pie x Bubba Kush) and one of the Dracarys (GG4 x Bubba Kush) - the beans were poking out of the buds and I couldn't resist :-)

The Blackberry Kush and 91 Dragons crosses will be the last to come down (they were late to the party). I could still use a couple more testers for the Schrom x Bubba Kush as well as the ChemSis x Bubba Kush. Please PM me if you're interested and can grow them out fairly quickly (and are willing to do a grow and show).

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I woulda loved to have tested some o those bubba s1 or ecsd x bubba but I,m experiencing some problems in my past few grows so it wouldnt be a fair test, but I hope all the testers turn out good for everyone running em.looking forward to seeing some big wide gnarly dark green leaves on this thread in the next few months.

Kndreyn

Kndreyn

I'll email my address in our gmail conversation. I can start them right away. I'm currently trying to self Bweed in the flowering room, so the timing will work out great for these.

katsu

katsu

Supporter
I've got approximately 4 seedlings each of the following that I'm running myself:
Dracarys (GG4xP98)
Sour Bubba (ECSDxP98)
Bubba's Sis (ChemSisxP98)
Bubba's Breath (OGKB2.0 from Chunkypigs xP98)
Schromba (SchromxP98)
Xanadu (Bandaid Haze #7xP98)
Kaffir Kush (Key Lime Pie x P98)
Also have a couple of P98 S1's

I'll post some pics when they're a little bigger

Latest posts

Top Bottom