Keep It Simple Stupid for first time grower

• Thread starter SD1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SD1

Indoor grow, close tent, trainwreck, blue dream and blue satellite. Potting in fox farms ocean forest for veg. Looking for a nute package that is idiot proof. Hoping to have a successful first grow. Appreciate the help!

Onespark

Onespark

Indoor grow, close tent, trainwreck, blue dream and blue satellite. Potting in fox farms ocean forest for veg. Looking for a nute package that is idiot proof. Hoping to have a successful first grow. Appreciate the help!

Just start with a good base nutrient and give them some molasses towards the fade. Get some nice good guy colonies going in there from the start. After the first run you will have a base line of what to expect and can add a bloom booster or whatever next time. Less is more so dial the feeding back and use EC and PPMs instead of directions on the label. Start simple, like you said. If you throw fifty bottles of crap in there you will have no idea what went wrong if something does. Don't forget to flush those babies out really well. Happy gardening, hope this helps :hi

C

cali Green

Just start with a good base nutrient and give them some molasses towards the fade. Get some nice good guy colonies going in there from the start. After the first run you will have a base line of what to expect and can add a bloom booster or whatever next time. Less is more so dial the feeding back and use EC and PPMs instead of directions on the label. Start simple, like you said. If you throw fifty bottles of crap in there you will have no idea what went wrong if something does. Don't forget to flush those babies out really well. Happy gardening, hope this helps :hi

+1 You cant go wrong with the Generals! Really Basic or Supernatural Brand.. They have 1 veg... 1 bloom and 2"boosters/blasters"(but like he said... you can just try the molasses first and 2nd run you can give the boosters a try

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Easiest combination I've ever worked with is Floranova Bloom + Fox Farms Big Bloom. In coco needs Cal-Mag additionally. Add Koolbloom (dry or powdered, but know they're different) every 7-10 days as a bloom booster post-flip and you've got yourself a pretty good combination. Add molasses and then you're working with a 4-part mix.

Start the FNB @ 3-5mls/gallon and be ready to reduce or bring up the saturation, because I don't know how those girls will take to it. Cali Blue (aka Orange Krush sans DJShort's BB daddy) had to go 3mls/gal or less of FNB.

You can dose the FF BB at anywhere from 5-15mls/gal.

Cal-Mag shouldn't be necessary in soil.

Cort

Cort

Dont forget to keep a daily written journal. Temps, humidity, PPM, PH and how many ml you add of what to the food. General thoughts and observations have a place in the note book. (pictures too if you can)

Helped me out tremendously my first grow. I was able to look back and see what i did cause or fix a problem and seek help as needed. Im kinda tarded so writing it out helped me get better understand what I was doing. Gotta think before you write, right?

S

SD1

Dont forget to keep a daily written journal. Temps, humidity, PPM, PH and how many ml you add of what to the food. General thoughts and observations have a place in the note book. (pictures too if you can)

Helped me out tremendously my first grow. I was able to look back and see what i did cause or fix a problem and seek help as needed. Im kinda tarded so writing it out helped me get better understand what I was doing. Gotta think before you write, right?

I suck at writing stuff down but am taking pics and observing ya know, hourly. :sweating

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cort's right, keep a log. Note issues and successes. If it's easier, do it on your computer and keep the pix to go along with the log notations.

Thailord

Thailord

Personally, I would suggest the X Nutrient basic 3 part line. Grow, Micro, Bloom. It is inexpensive($12 each per QT/ $36 total), PH buffered, and runs very low salinity in soil. Very easy schedule to follow, and a good concentration. I personally use it at about 75% strength allowing about 20%-25% runoff on feedings. After doing test grows vs 2 other lines(Technaflora BC & General Organics) I got better results in both veg and flowering. I also did not have to flush until my final flush at the end for I had no lock out problems, the other 2 I had to flush once just before I flipped b/c my salinity ran over EC 2.

R

RZA

If you want something idiot proof. I would go with either botanicares cns17 or fox farm nutes. Cns17 is a real easy one part nutrient and fox farms are easy to use also I've found.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Cheep chem Nutes.
Jacks or Miracal grow.
Follow the directions off the box or web Site.

T

TreFarmer

I ran the entire FF nute pack last run. This run i spent ½ on organic soil and amendments. Plus there is enough left to do 20x what i already did. Now for the compairisons, there are none! Organic is killing it! Trichs and health are ten fold already at 6 weeks! My only issue is my Sativas needed more available N going into flower. Simple teas helped stop def. :) good luck!
Needless to say the FF is chillin under the sink;)

Top Bottom