Keeping male as house plant?

• Thread starter Glassdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

Kill it, don't put it in your attic and pollinate your own plants nor out side and inadvertently pollinate your neighbors plants lol

the pollen will get all over your attic and when you go Up there to water it you can easily get the pollen on your clothes not realizing it and end up with seeds in your bud.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Urban legends, given this logic with all the area grows some rando is going to knock up my plants anyway. 🤷‍♂️
I thought this thread wad interesting.
The State of Colorado actually had a study on cross pollination recently, here's the report. https://sbg.colorado.gov/sites/sbg/files/HB21-1301 Cross Pollination Report Final 11.01.22.pdf

I haven't read the whole thing but at least they are starting to accrue some information on the topic. Cross pollination in Colorado has been an issue in some areas. We have so many people growing their own either recreational or medicinal. Pollen can travel miles in the right conditions. Being that we have recreational, medicinal, and industrial hemp, it's definitely become an issue of concern.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I pull all males out of my indoor netpots and then stick them in my veggie garden...... Like literally "Yank!".... roots and all... and then just use my hand to dig a hole in the soil outdoors and throw it in there....

So anyway... Last year had 2 of them, They look like twin cousin It's.... And the bonus was?????

Literally 100's of bumble bees all over them. No exaggeration. Bees LOVE male plants...

There's a video of it in my profile section, I find when I upload it here, it shrinks the video too much as a copy to be able to see the bees well enough.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I pull all males out of my indoor netpots and then stick them in my veggie garden...... Like literally "Yank!".... roots and all... and then just use my hand to dig a hole in the soil outdoors and throw it in there....

So anyway... Last year had 2 of them, They look like twin cousin It's.... And the bonus was?????

Literally 100's of bumble bees all over them. No exaggeration. Bees LOVE male plants...

There's a video of it in my profile section, I find when I upload it here, it shrinks the video too much as a copy to be able to see the bees well enough.
Well bees are pollinators & what do males do? So... 🤷‍♂️
I tried to give them to my beekeeper brother, he wasn't game. 😅

Last edited:
Top Bottom