Keeping male as house plant?

• Thread starter Glassdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

Would it be safe to put in my finished attic away from my plant room/tent.
This sucker bolted just as I'm coming close to flipping, must be the heat and the introduction of light bloom feed.
I guess the timing could be worse, I have time to clean the tent out, before flipping. 🤷

Keeping male as house plant
Keeping male as house plant 2
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Would it be safe to put in my finished attic away from my plant room/tent.
This sucker bolted just as I'm coming close to flipping, must be the heat and the introduction of light bloom feed.
I guess the timing could be worse, I have time to clean the tent out, before flipping. 🤷

I mean, you could if you wanted to but just keep in mind pollen travels through the air quite easily. I wouldn't, unless you want to start breeding, but I guess you could if you really wanted to. It would help to also keep it in a tent or some sort or sealed room separate from your females.

Glassdub

Glassdub

My attic space only has one ingoing heat vent and one vent it goes outside so the air doesn't get recirculated within the house so it would be the safest room if I kept it.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I wouldn't do it. The pollen can go anywhere. I've heard of people cutting off pollen sacks, but don't know much about it.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I wouldn't do it. The pollen can go anywhere. I've heard of people cutting off pollen sacks, but don't know much about it.
I wish I didn't live in Ohio I would put outside, looks like #2 (of 6 posted is #6) is also sexing that way so I'm watching closely, might pull in the AM, had a three hour power outage here so I was watering in the dark I couldn't see plant details so clearly.

C

chronic2

If it's an only plant, it could grow male at the bottom, change to a female if it could grow taller. Seen that while growing one time. Male shoots its load in the house, you breath that in, you'll grow tits before your time. Dick shrinks, you'll want to wear pink going to franchise flicks.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Damn if you were closer I would've taken one of those males and tried another crossbreed! 😂 well I'm glad you figured it out anyhow.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Damn if you were closer I would've taken one of those males and tried another crossbreed! 😂 well I'm glad you figured it out anyhow.
My brother has some land in MI just a few miles away, maybe I'll put em out to pasture if not in the compost here. 😁

C

Cave_q

Do you plan breeding with the male plant? I wouldn’t risk the chance of your other plants receiving some pollen. Even if it’s in a separate area the pollen could still travel to other areas whether it’s from your foot traffic or getting caught in the households airflow.

Choppr

Choppr

Females can be Pollinated from 2 miles away on a good wind - Cannabis is a wind pollinated Plant - be careful, or your making seeds !

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Females can be Pollinated from 2 miles away on a good wind - Cannabis is a wind pollinated Plant - be careful, or your making seeds !
I've heard the pollen can travel even farther. I know a grower whose crop was pollinated by a neighbor's male plant(s). He was not pleased, to put it nicely.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Urban legends, given this logic with all the area grows some rando is going to knock up my plants anyway. 🤷‍♂️
I thought this thread wad interesting.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Urban legends, given this logic with all the area grows some rando is going to knock up my plants anyway. 🤷‍♂️
That probably (and hopefully) is an advantage of growing in a controlled environment.

B

BadFish_Genetics

I personally wouldn't use this male, it's nuts arnt bunched together in tight clusters, which translates to not having dense buds. How does the pollen smell on the male? Have you breeder with her before?

Latest posts

Top Bottom