Keeping Plants Short And Bushy...

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

Hello, I have a small grow room so I want to keep my plants as short as possible in flower. is it better for me to top the plants of fim them in veg? How many times can I top/fim in veg?

G gnome

G gnome

Sup bro? In order to keep my plant short i top often (there is no limit to how many time u top em). Keep the light close and keep the roots from binding. Oh yeah keep the temps right too. Hope this helps.

G

Gamechanga12

Sup bro? In order to keep my plant short i top often (there is no limit to how many time u top em). Keep the light close and keep the roots from binding. Oh yeah keep the temps right too. Hope this helps.

Thanks g

Bannacis

Bannacis

Like G gnome says a much as you can, as long as you give your plant time to heal you can top. Fin will give you multiple tops, Only if done correctly.
You can also do lst (low stress training) on your branches to keep em low. and super cropping can also strengthen your branches at same time topping and bending.

N

narleyharley

Top once at 3rd node when the 5th node has grown.... Then wait 2 weeks. Top both of those stalks. Wait 2 weeks, top all 4. Now you'll have 8 colas..... You can top again and have 16 colas, and again and have 32..... But I preferably like to keep mine down to 4 colas. But like the dude above me said, you can LST and supercrop. Good luck mate.

straincreation

straincreation

I suggest a main line for best productivity and less thinning, than the prefered topping method. Either way will work great to keep plants short, but with main lining all tge work is at the forefront and you can just roll threw the flowering cycle.
happy farmin;)

N

narleyharley

Agreed, that's why I suggested topping at the 3rd node.... ;)
I find mainlining to be for more experienced growers because some stems are very easily snapped, it took me a few limbs before I really got the knack for supercropping and bending correctly without any damage, or by causing the bruising on the inside of the stem instead of tearing it.

outnin

outnin

it's called super cropping. here's a vid that explains various techniques

Latest posts

Top Bottom