• Thread starter Kepster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kepster

Kepster

What's the testers genetics??

According to the breeder...

“Yeti OG X Romulan Herijuana

This was pollinated from an Og cut of Yeti OG known as headband, was a 13 foot giant with mad resin production (Male). This was used with a short fat Indica romulan x herijuana (Female). This created a nice indica dominant hybrid with fat leafs but with a lengthy vertical growth. Thc is marked as lower because I've never had it tested. This strain has been grown in very high altitudes and has an extremely pleasant combination of terps. This strain grows well in all climates, hot= taller lighter color of green. Temperate- dark green with shorter inner node spacing. Cold- the purples start to show from light pink's to dark reds. These plants can be abused using lst and super cropping and can take a lot of nutrients. But when it comes to lighting, the timing must be very accurate because improper light timing causes re-vegging and stressed pants. This is an f1 hybrid with about 4 different phenos. But the pheno I described occurs 70-80% of the time.”

I think I have an addiction to popping seeds, is there a support group for that kind of thing!?

K

kansabis

According to the breeder...

“Yeti OG X Romulan Herijuana

This was pollinated from an Og cut of Yeti OG known as headband, was a 13 foot giant with mad resin production (Male). This was used with a short fat Indica romulan x herijuana (Female). This created a nice indica dominant hybrid with fat leafs but with a lengthy vertical growth. Thc is marked as lower because I've never had it tested. This strain has been grown in very high altitudes and has an extremely pleasant combination of terps. This strain grows well in all climates, hot= taller lighter color of green. Temperate- dark green with shorter inner node spacing. Cold- the purples start to show from light pink's to dark reds. These plants can be abused using lst and super cropping and can take a lot of nutrients. But when it comes to lighting, the timing must be very accurate because improper light timing causes re-vegging and stressed pants. This is an f1 hybrid with about 4 different phenos. But the pheno I described occurs 70-80% of the time.”

I think I have an addiction to popping seeds, is there a support group for that kind of thing!?
Sounds like a fun tester,um I'm not sure bout the support group but I know the feeling,I'm always walking a thin line of popping more beans than I have room for.

Kepster

Kepster

Sounds like a fun tester,um I'm not sure bout the support group but I know the feeling,I'm always walking a thin line of popping more beans than I have room for.

Good to know I’m not alone lol, that’s what happens when you get a little bit of space and have been out of the loop for a while.

Kepster

Kepster

IPM Day! Released 20 million of these little guys today. The nematodes are a great natural defense to eradicate any fungus gnat infestations brewing below the surface of my coco.

Tomorrow I’m getting and applying 25 million hypoaspis miles at sundown.

F9496C87 D0DD 4C47 ABAA 7C0A227DBB4F
Kepster

Kepster

So I've been bed ridden for the last couple days with a cold and my clones are starting to wilt.

2nd time doing that only this time I'm in rapid rooters not in a aero cloner where it happened after I foliar sprayed a concentrated solution of caps foliar. I haven't been paying attention to the trays since I've been using what limited energy I have to schlep my way to the farm and check on the flowering rooms and the plants I have in veg...

Kepster

Kepster

They get brownish midway or at the base of new growth, wither and eventually just fall over. I’ve successfully cloned many times in the past so I’m not sure what i could be doing wrong. Nothing has changed in the process.

1. Find a healthy mom
2. Place my cuttings in a cup of water
3. Scalpel the cuts at an angle
4. Dip in rooting hormone (if using trays)
5. Insert into plug.

Anyone have any input?

D1A0581B 0380 475F A272 D965626F1C30
Last edited:
Kepster

Kepster

I'm thinking that its because I forgot to leave the dome off after a couple days that they withered

Kepster

Kepster

Well what was a simple cold turned into Montezuma’s revenge. Being bed ridden for the last few days has left a few things in disarray.

1. Johnny Chimpo is no longer with us. I also lost a Sour LSD pheno, Jungle Spice & 8/10 seeds I was testing for someone :(
  2. Russett Mites are back in my Veg room which means they are in my flower rooms as well. I’m sure this weeks heat wave probably didn’t help.
  3. I need to play major catch up on replenishing my plants in veg for this fall.

I got to my farm and the first thing I looked at were the seeds I’m testing for another breeder. All had germinated in the paper towel but after planting only 2 sprouted which got me thinking about why I haven’t been able to get Johnny Chimpo and Cherry Poppins going. I dug out the seeds that didn’t break soil and wouldn’t you know it…. Fungus gnat larvae were feasting on my seeds like it was an all you can eat buffet at sizzler!!!

I think the reason why I haven’t been able to get these last 2 strains from DNA’s Heritage line to catch is because when I originally germinated the 11 strains in the heritage line some were bound not to germ (it happens) when I finally did get them to germ on the 2nd try which was a few weeks later the fungus gnats in my wet media would not allow them to grow and break soil. The couple of times I got a sprout a week would pass and it would become weak and topple over.

I owe the DNA/Crockett guys an apology for stating that their seeds seem bland and immature, it was an error on my part, it was my frustration that clouded my better judgement all projected the blame.

On to my 2nd issue… the mites are back!!!

I started noticing the leaf curl on the Mothers, Pure OG was the first to go so I decided that I would cut down my canopy, kill all the moms that I can obtain again and kept all of the teens and any seeds that have sprouted. Everything is veg will first get nuked with Forbid/Avid, the I will apply alternating foliar sprays (insecticidal soap, sulfur, etc) every 2-3 days for 28 days. On day 29 I’ll introduce beneficial predators to maintain the populations of these dreaded leaf miners. Once I finish harvesting this round I’ll reset both rooms (cleaned and sanitized).

I scoped the smaller flower room (LOA & GUAVA) and couldn’t find anything but I know they are there. All I’m comfortable doing is releasing more bugs since I'm already 30+ days in flower.

I didn’t need to scope room 2 because I harvested Pure and GG4 and the larf that wasn’t lollipopped showed clear indications that they are there and were already working their way up. Buds were decent on GG4 for the lights being set to 600w. Pure however is nothing to write home about. It was expected considering the condition I got the plants in and with practically no veg time and now bugs.

I still haven’t figured out whats going on with my cloners as far as the plugs and dome go I simply didn’t vent as well as I should have and probably left the plugs a little too wet. That be the only logical reason why they wilted the way they did. I’m off to Vegas for a week so hopefully my wife can keep things from completely falling apart.

D96DD355 DEBF 4032 9907 3217C77C0481
C890D3E6 49E3 44ED B0E4 19E00D4512FC
01181858 BFFB 4CA6 ACA7 759EE725ED89
6C2319AE A5C9 4D7C 8DC9 1A92278AB2F2
571A25C2 D0C6 49CC B4A8 799015C878BC
Kepster

Kepster

The first pic is the seed split and the larvae all bunched up in the center. I’m assuming that’s a how they react to the light by trying to huddle together defensively.

The 2nd pic is them dispersed in a few drops of water and the 3rd a close up pic

E7213C8D 2352 4863 9BDC 77588D1E39B8
8BC4C19A F550 496A A3FE 9598C2C327ED
DAEAEF18 691A 40A9 A9A9 AD3C8F37BF55
Kepster

Kepster

Update:

Harvested Pure, GG4 and the bed of Colombian for a grand total of 2.6lbs. Colombian being the majority of that weight but that was expected considering how much longer she was in veg. The russet mites got to some of the larf which will get tossed but the main colas weren't affected at all. A bed of stardog and another of mixed strains is all that remains. Stardog is coming down Friday and the bed of mixed strains will be reset. The coco in that bed was VERY hot and although I flushed it, I feel that it wan't enough to leech out the built up salts accumulated over the learning years of my growing life. Guava in room 1 is looking GREAT I'll post some pics of her soon as I can.

Kepster

Kepster

A couple pics of one of the strains in the hot coco that will be reset, the coco Cut 2:1 with fresh coco and additional perlite and then flushed a few times before replanting.
727A0A0D A389 48D8 8DA0 F5A4EAD5F3B4
E416822A B3E4 4139 97C4 6AF8EA4EBB88

Kepster

Kepster

A4DB5802 B8DA 40B3 B345 8BB4414521F8
8CFA6D67 CCA2 422E 9D9F 8D5DF427FF5D
2E77945C 45CD 4807 BD44 431C917FFE04

I harvested a bed of Star dog today! She’s got minimal bag appeal and no “nose” to write home about but I’ll be damned if she ever comes back under 25% and always a great yield.

Transferred everything in the tent vegging under t5’s into room 2 to catch up a bit. Gotta decide what I’m gonna flower next...

Latest posts

Top Bottom