Kgbgrowers No Till Living Organic Soil Perpetual Grow

• Thread starter KGB Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KGB Grower

KGB Grower

Hello everyone, now that my garden and my life are back in balance again, I decided to show everyone my gardening system that I am using. Some of you are familiar with it but now that I am fully confident in it I would like for more people to see the benefits in it and see that switching doesn't have to be scary.

I would like to start off by giving credit to all I now know to @mountainorganics @clackamascoot and Jeremy from @buildasoil for all the help and information. If I bring information to you, it most likely came by way of one of these individuals or a publication recommended by one of them.

My hope is that this becomes a vibrant forum thread with great discussions of organic gardening. I plan to discuss books like Teaming with Microbes and teaming with nutrients which some of you will know along with other publications like, Vermiculture Technologies, which speaks about the 8400 varieties of composting worms along with other great information on soil life.

I sure do hope you find this interesting and perhaps even turn you to the Organic LOS side.

Peace, KGB

Ecompost

Ecompost

I am here too buddy, I just potted up round 5, same media, I just poked a slot, filled it with the new transplant and Mycos, an earthworm came for a look see, but soon chirped off. I was always planning on having a pot full of stumps, but the fungus is rampant, there is no way. I got two in shot, by the time I was at 3 stumps I lost the first 2 as the got ripped back to PK etc. I topped up the Trichoderma and Pseudomonas this time, but otherwise I am still on a low tea regime that seems to be firing well. I am not even getting an adjustment period anymore. Its crazy good. 1 $20 bag of Canna Bio Terra about 18 months ago LOL. Some bits added and LSI but otherwise its all mulch and tea

sixstring

sixstring

Subbed,let us know if you have problems with pic posting,one of us can get ya straight.basically its the upload a file button and knowing where your pics are located on your pc or phone.peace

dixie420

dixie420

Hello everyone, now that my garden and my life are back in balance again, I decided to show everyone my gardening system that I am using. Some of you are familiar with it but now that I am fully confident in it I would like for more people to see the benefits in it and see that switching doesn't have to be scary.

I would like to start off by giving credit to all I now know to @mountainorganics @clackamascoot and Jeremy from @buildasoil for all the help and information. If I bring information to you, it most likely came by way of one of these individuals or a publication recommended by one of them.

My hope is that this becomes a vibrant forum thread with great discussions of organic gardening. I plan to discuss books like Teaming with Microbes and teaming with nutrients which some of you will know along with other publications like, Vermiculture Technologies, which speaks about the 8400 varieties of composting worms along with other great information on soil life.

I sure do hope you find this interesting and perhaps even turn you to the Organic LOS side.

Peace, KGB
Bro I'm happy to follow any thread of yours on any site anytime...love the knowledge fam

KGB Grower

KGB Grower

I am here too buddy, I just potted up round 5, same media, I just poked a slot, filled it with the new transplant and Mycos, an earthworm came for a look see, but soon chirped off. I was always planning on having a pot full of stumps, but the fungus is rampant, there is no way. I got two in shot, by the time I was at 3 stumps I lost the first 2 as the got ripped back to PK etc. I topped up the Trichoderma and Pseudomonas this time, but otherwise I am still on a low tea regime that seems to be firing well. I am not even getting an adjustment period anymore. Its crazy good. 1 $20 bag of Canna Bio Terra about 18 months ago LOL. Some bits added and LSI but otherwise its all mulch and tea

Whats up brother, glad to see you are here too but I knew that before I made the jump thanks to GT21. I already fell great being here. I fe the garden mostly water for a few months during cycle number 2 but with the addition of some super charged AACTs the soil life is starting to thrive again. Getting ready to make an update video for the Tube but I am posting here tonight as well. Glad you are here with us.

KGB Grower

KGB Grower

Alright, here we go. I am just going to put up a few pics real quick as I have some work to do but I will settle into a routine and get comfortable soon.

This first pic is of the last group to go into flower. As said earlier, all pots are somewhere between 2 and 4 cycles. I don't really monitor them individually because they all get the same feeding at the same time no matter if the plants are in veg or flower. These are #SweetBlackAngel and will get cages after the first 2 weeks in flower. I believe this is the beginning of day 7 flower.
PIC 0263

Next we have a quadrant of #GreenLovePotion finishing it's third week. Normally the quadrants are fuller but I had personal issues that took time from my gardening and now I am in the process of getting everything back on schedule.
PIC 0264

This quadrant has 2 phenos of #9LBHammer and one pheno of #Locomotion. Still pheno selecting both of these strains. I'll get some close up shots of everything next update.
PIC 0265

Here we have 2 phenos of the #Locomotion. One of these is super frosty with great trichome rails on the leaves. Close ups next update.
PIC 0266

Last shot tonight is really just showing the living mulch cover crop that is very important to the soil life and productivity of the soil for growing healthy happy plants. Because so many people ask or have comments on what is growing in the containers, I feel this is a great spot to start. Looking forward to this journal here at THCfarmer, peace, KGB.
PIC 0267

Ecompost

Ecompost

Whats up brother, glad to see you are here too but I knew that before I made the jump thanks to GT21. I already fell great being here. I fe the garden mostly water for a few months during cycle number 2 but with the addition of some super charged AACTs the soil life is starting to thrive again. Getting ready to make an update video for the Tube but I am posting here tonight as well. Glad you are here with us.
yes sir I can see from the gorgeous pics bro.

This end in Canna, I find 3 apps of bio veg tea at a low rate is keeping my microbes pumped up, without it I was getting an Fe issue on the second run. I don't think the bio terra was great to begin with. it took 2 brews to even have the right life to bother testing. I had to get rid of the fungus gnats that came with the bag, then establish the media before first pot up. I don't blame Canna, may be it was stored bad post bagging?

Anyway, its not a patch on what we produce in house that's for sure, even our own coco peat mix has more to it and is better protected by the inclusion of functional microbes without fungus gnats anyway :-) That's the problem tho, shipping bag fresh soil, with active young microbes back to back is a ball ache or I might try to fix the chaff on the shelves myself LOL.
Still if I cant grow it in the stuff everyone can access, then we cant grow enough for the demands period.
It rots down well, but just lacks a certain fractal or other out of the bag. Save praying to it, you will need to add microbes, but once you do, it is a good shout anyway but perhaps not the best base for this style. May be you have thoughts?
I tried the cover crop, but got an N issue. I switched the system to bottom feed and this problem seemed to improve, but I think the CEC was too low to stomach the extra demand while the tares sprouted, may be you have some idea?
The no till with mulched feed top fed is winning on output, but I would like to get the cover sorted. I used what we had to hand as well. But the pic gives me an idea to swap out thanks.

Peace and keep teaching mate, you know I got to catch you :-)

KGB Grower

KGB Grower

Great looking ladies but come you tell me what that is growing along the along the pot?

Of course I can tell you what is growing in the containers along side the Cannabis. I pulled this info off of the BAS website where I get this cover crop seed. It's seasonal though and Jeremy is working on the problem as they are currently out of stock.

This Recipe has been tweaked over the years and is finally where we like it. Perfect for Raised beds or Container plants.

Almost 60% Clover Seed from 4 types of clover.
  1. Flax - Brown
  2. Clover - Yellow Sweet
  3. Clover - Duch
  4. Clover - Medium Red
  5. Clover - Crimson
  6. Lentils - Indainhead
  7. Safflower
  8. Hairy Vetch
  9. Vetch - Common
  10. Rape - Dwarf Essex
  11. Buckwheat - Mancan
  12. Pea - Forage
Designed To Encourage Mycorrhizal Fungi Populations, Stimulate Soil Biological Activity and Cycle Nutrients More Effectively.

You see, when discussing soil and the soil food web, the top six inches is where all of the work happens. The cover crop/ living mulch is vitally important in maintaining an environment beneficial to the soil life that feeds the plants in the containers. No Till Gardening focuses on feeding this top soil mostly enzymes and I will be going over that when I discuss the actual feeding schedule. Thanks for the question.

Top Bottom