Kill A Watt. You're personal Electrician

• Thread starter c4NN4daze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

c4NN4daze

Hey Farmers, seen a lot of questions on electricity and here is a solution that will help even the biggest fire hardy newbs. lmfao It's called kill a watt (google it). Kill a Watt will help you monitor you're electricity usage on an outlet. Happy Harvests don't include fire until you pack one! Much Love. CD:bubblez:

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Yes I have been meaning to get one to see various power consumption throughout the house and especially in the grow.

Watts x Hours x Days is a easy guesstimate.

R

raphen_ilweed

proper wiring is a sure fire prevention method. I'm just skeptical about buying a Chinese made plastic, led, and other hazardous e-waste product that tells me something my meter already tells me. The electricity company doesn't charge me kWh per outlet, they charge kWh at the meter.

B

Bobby Smith

Watts x Hours x Days is a easy guesstimate.

Ding, ding, ding.

I don't need to figure out my exact bill a month in advance; ballpark figures (getting you to within a 5% range pretty easily) are really anyone ever needs, and if you can't do that math...........well, I don't know what to tell you.

The K-a-W, IMO, is more for figuring out if you're overloading a circuit, and if so, by how much.......that's when the specificity it provides could be useful, like I'm running "about" 17 amps on this 20 amp circuit, lemme see what my exact draw is.

Just my $.02.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

It is a great thing for growers in Oregon. We can only "charge" for costs of the grow. If one of these are added at the supply line going to the grow room, it will help determine exactly what costs are coming from the grow room and not from the house hold use. It jsut gives you more proof there is costs to grow for your patients.

B

Buddy Flowers

2 in the lox and 1 in the box
2 in the crease and 1 in the grease

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Just picked one up while I was at the lowes and I must say its very interesting to play with. For instance my beast of a computer uses 190 watts with the monitor (no games played yet) on a 750 watt power supply. Its a quad core, 4 gig with 2 sata drives. AND my old school amplifier uses way less than I thought.. Regardless if you care about saving power and looking to educate yourself more with it.. Pick one up and get your moneys worth ;)

V

vancerz

kill a watt is bad ass, not really needed but I find it useful every now and then.

It does make it easy to plug a bunch of crap into it and see what the total is real fast.
without doing any work.
I also like i can see what things are drawing when they are "off" in stand by mode.

Top Bottom