Kimbo F2s

• Thread starter CallmeTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Timber Grow lights... Tell Dan Bob Brown sent you ask for discount...hahaha..

3500k yes and are the latest greatest, they are very efficient.

I got the 3 Vero29s already assembled - it was $50 more to get assembled version. This is a 400watt lamp not 300 sorry!
Here's the link:
http://timbergrowlights.com/400-watt-vero29-v7-linear-framework/

Like I said yeah they are very nice... lower down buddage fans have rails ... rails to the soil line from 6' off ground.. 15" from tops of plants. Dan at Timber has this dialed in with science bro no BS.

On the organic deal, re;
"Running organic is a little different because nutrient spikes and top dressing can only go so far."

I don't use spikes and top dress only at flip which is when I transplant... gets more soil due to lager pot. I actually re-cycle my soil. I run organic soil home made "Coots" style (recipe).
Been running it for years. I don't spend any money on "nutrients" .... build my own vermi-compost.. get base nutrients in bulk for pennies/lb. The most expensive thing is Pearl-lite @ $35 for a 3 cu. ft. bag (fits in a trash can). I just mixed up 6ish cubic feet of soil.... with all organic amendments that last the whole run + , probably cost me $15....

Yields:
I will get usually 4 zips dry per plant if it's a heavy yielder like the Kimbo I got 8 zips per plant dried but they were monsters like 2x the size of The Future I pictured.

Here's my Kimbo from last fall... these were big yielders and fire!

View attachment 677400

View attachment 677401

View attachment 677402

Hell yea man, just got my first order from Timber. Using the 200 watt citizen to replace one of my veg lights:D
I've been recycling my soil as well using all organic amendments, I only do a spike if plants are looking hungry or fading too early. I'm looking to use less volume of soil, and go with mostly coco base. What do you use for your base?

Those Kimbo's look monster.. Were they the F1's?

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

What's the smell like of these ?

Depends on time of day.. I've had the gas company stop over cause someone reported a gas leak and that was across the street and I have air filtration going. Hahahaha WTF? That was when I had some Chemdog going in flower. Few weeks ago...

In flower the plants all smell different at different times of the day. Up close .. danky sweet - nose to the buds.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I run a lot of Exotic gear and same as Tex transplant into final containers at flip for same reasons... once into 7-10 gal pots they are too heavy to move and my VEG room and flower room are in different locations. I would prefer to VEG in final containers and sometimes do but it's a pain in the ass to move a 2' tall plant in a 10gal container.. I grow in 100% organic soil so a 10gal pot is like 80-90#s... plus a plant.

I VEG in #2 nursery pots and transplant at 15" and into flower. My last run of Kimbo they were right up the lights (LEDs) at harvest time and I have a 7.5" ceiling as well.

Tex - try the VERO29 cobs... I just bought 2 sets of 3 and am running them now getting HUGE frost on my The Future run. 3 of the VERO 29s are like 300watts, I just ordered 2 more sets of 3 each.

The Future - under Vero29 COBs 55 days-ish current
View attachment 677288

The Future #2

View attachment 677289

The Future #1

View attachment 677290

Hey there Bobrown, I'm curious how you are running those lights? What spacing for the linear rails? How high of the canopy?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good. Let me ask you a question if I may please? Why transplant these gals and then immediately flip?

This is just my opinion...but I urge you to at least wait a week. Let the plants spend their time growing roots in their new homes..then when you flip she can you their all.
Agreed, if you have the time let them Kimbos run around 8 weeks veg and you will not be disappointed!!!! Just my .2 cents

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Hey there Bobrown, I'm curious how you are running those lights? What spacing for the linear rails? How high of the canopy?

Right now I've got 1 300 watt Vero29 cob - 3 cobs per rail set at about 15" from top of plants... getting full penetration to the soil line.

I've got another Vero29 I'm using in VEG turned down about 1/2 power. There's a potentiometer on the power supply to turn up and down the amount of voltage going to the COBs.

Once I get the next 2 I will likely have all 3 in flower room spaced about 24-30" apart. should give me a 4' x 6' footprint maybe a little more.. we will see once I get the new ones. They are ordered just waiting for them to show up.

I may order another one ... not sure yet. The lamp in VEG is really showing what the light can do. My VEG plants are growing BIG fast too... that will pay for itself just in VEG for sure. No more waiting 45 days... probably going to cut VEG time down and grow much larger plants in flower too! win win

I'll get more pics once set up for ya.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Right now I've got 1 300 watt Vero29 cob - 3 cobs per rail set at about 15" from top of plants... getting full penetration to the soil line.

I've got another Vero29 I'm using in VEG turned down about 1/2 power. There's a potentiometer on the power supply to turn up and down the amount of voltage going to the COBs.

Once I get the next 2 I will likely have all 3 in flower room spaced about 24-30" apart. should give me a 4' x 6' footprint maybe a little more.. we will see once I get the new ones. They are ordered just waiting for them to show up.

I may order another one ... not sure yet. The lamp in VEG is really showing what the light can do. My VEG plants are growing BIG fast too... that will pay for itself just in VEG for sure. No more waiting 45 days... probably going to cut VEG time down and grow much larger plants in flower too! win win

I'll get more pics once set up for ya.
Very nice info Bob. Awesome to hear about the new veros. I think I will pick one up for my next flower light.

News on the Kimbo's: Every cut that I took is throwing roots.:cool: They beat my fastest to normally throw roots, which is my Sensi Star cut. Damn, that was quick. I'll get some pics when I pot them up.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Okay, time for a little update on the Kimbos. All are doing well and putting on some nice new growth at day 11, here are some night time photos.
Here we have the group. Its really tight in there so I'm doing the best I can with the pics.
100 5502

The #5 is dwarfing the rest. #1 is in the top left of this pic about half size of the #5.
100 5507

This #2 is the fastest to set flowers, and putting on nice growth as well.
100 5505

The #1 plant is the smallest standing around 18'' tall and the other 2 are around 2' tall. While the #5 is pushing 2.5' tall and reaching higher every day. Here's a side view.
100 5503

So far I've removed all branches on the lower third of the plants. I also remove the upper fans that are blocking the lower growth casually every 2-3 days. I'm not going crazy with the defol, just letting these girls do their thing. They seem to be loving their burpee's soil mix, witch is 80% coco with perilite and goodies like worm castings and bud and blooms that I added to the bottom third of the container at transplant.

Cheers y'all:D

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Can't wait to see the phenos. I ran 1 pack of kimbo and found this

The younger plant is day 25 but look at the stacks on it
Awesome man. I like what I see, lol. :fire:
Here the girls are @ day 16. the #5 has surpassed the tomato cage and #3 and #2 are right at the top too. The #1 is growing wide and all are putting on lots of bud sites now...
100 5536

100 5532

100 5533

#1 Wide stubbs
100 5534

Still can't believe this is from popping 5 seeds. I'm going to germ the other 6 soon...
They are digging their coco home and needing watering almost every day now.

kushdaking

kushdaking

Awesome man. I like what I see, lol. :fire:
Here the girls are @ day 16. the #5 has surpassed the tomato cage and #3 and #2 are right at the top too. The #1 is growing wide and all are putting on lots of bud sites now...
View attachment 683151
View attachment 683152
View attachment 683153
#1 Wide stubbs
View attachment 683154

Still can't believe this is from popping 5 seeds. I'm going to germ the other 6 soon...
They are digging their coco home and needing watering almost every day now.
Make sure you defoliate around 21-28 days. The fan leaves grow into each other and promote PM pretty regularly

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Make sure you defoliate around 21-28 days. The fan leaves grow into each other and promote PM pretty regularly
Good tip man. These girls do have massive leaves that will shade lower growth too. Luckily they are right by the dehuey and plucking leaves so hopefully no pm...

On another note. Just want to go over some of my methods. I'm running C02 @ 800 ppm, all organic.
-Mammoth P about once a week.
-Recharge once a week.
-Top dressing with worm castings or a 6-8-4 fert blend with all the goodies, every 2-3 weeks.
-I've never ph'ed my water since using organics. I do have a double carbon filter for the water.

That it for now. These girls are exploding with growth. Super excited about these KK f2s...

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Tex - nice looking batch of ladies there. Great job.....

Good to see someone doing organic growing. You know you can make your own microbe teas right?? Handful of soil into a bucket of water and an air stone, in 24 hrs done an done ... for the Mammouth-P you can add a 1/2 cup of alfalfa meal, and it you really want to boost things up, grind up an ounce of malted barley and add it into the bucket. Going to be a lot cheaper and likely more effective.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Tex - nice looking batch of ladies there. Great job.....

Good to see someone doing organic growing. You know you can make your own microbe teas right?? Handful of soil into a bucket of water and an air stone, in 24 hrs done an done ... for the Mammouth-P you can add a 1/2 cup of alfalfa meal, and it you really want to boost things up, grind up an ounce of malted barley and add it into the bucket. Going to be a lot cheaper and likely more effective.

Thanks man. I love organic because it's pretty hard to screw up nature. I'm very familiar with compost teas, but I haven't tried the malted barley yet. Korean Natural Farming tech seems like it would be a fun way to grow too.
Here we have some pics from tonight.
#2 and #3 blowing up
100 5563

Different angle #1 bottom left
100 5566

#5 keeps stretching
100 5520

What they looked like Day 1.
100 5491

Today. Switched drivers for these cobs 8 cobs 600+ watts now.
100 5562

Latest posts

Top Bottom