Kim's Beginner Diary

• Thread starter KLight03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KLight03

KLight03

Hey k , you got the good rapid rooters , the root riots are the best in my opinion, no its not to late to clone , its just going to be a bit of an ordeal for you.
Do you have the clone tray , dome , clonex , rooter trays ?
Sharp razor blade...
I have a tub that I could use as a tray, I guess. I do have clonex, no to rooter trays. We should be flush again soon. Here are pics of the SSSD. Thinking I have two males? #3 & 4 are the same plant.

00000IMG 00000 BURST20200303213042253 COVER
00100lrPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20200303211805536 COVER
00100lrPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20200303213945232 COVER
00100lrPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20200303214523645 COVER
00100lrPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20200303214712686 COVER
KLight03

KLight03

You see those full blown female flowers on the right ?
I definitely acknowledged those. Cool thing is, I had it marked on my calendar and they popped up right on time for the halfway point. The flowering ones are Peyote Critical.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Just for fun , make a few clones , its simple , you can use your tub or tuppperware , or just stick them into a anything , you can leave a few exposed , but i like to cover mine for a few days , you can use saran wrap or something to make a temporary humidity dome , burp it every day , or pop holes in it with a fork

You can make 4 or 6 cuts off your blue plant and 6 or a dozen off your un sexed remainig sssd , 2 are unidentified right ?

Do the clone tomorrow...

You will need something tk hold the rooters upright , you can even bury the rooter in some coco to hold it up , but that might be tricky
Normally the plugs go into a plastic black tray...
You can use an ice cube tray if you can hacksaw it into sections...

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Well, if they don't have female pre-flowers then they are boys lol. You know pics 3 & 4 is a girl so now you know what to look for. 1st time is always nerve-wracking because you just don't know until you see it for yourself. Yay, you're flowering! Agree with DW, not too late to clone

KLight03

KLight03

Just for fun , make a few clones , its simple , you can use your tub or tuppperware , or just stick them into a anything , you can leave a few exposed , but i like to cover mine for a few days , you can use saran wrap or something to make a temporary humidity dome , burp it every day , or pop holes in it with a fork

You can make 4 or 6 cuts off your blue plant and 6 or a dozen off your un sexed remainig sssd , 2 are unidentified right ?

Do the clone tomorrow...

You will need something tk hold the rooters upright , you can even bury the rooter in some coco to hold it up , but that might be tricky
Normally the plugs go into a plastic black tray...
You can use an ice cube tray if you can hacksaw it into sections...
I have a silicone ice tray that I fill for big cubes. I could use that, right? How do I clone, just cut with blade, dip in stuff, then put in tray?

dire wolf

dire wolf

I did a thread on cloning , but im going to bed now , if you want to wait till tomorrow , ill explain in detail
But bascially , cut shoot with scissor about 4 inches

Put cut in cup of water
Remove from water when ready
Lay on clean cutting board , make another cut off bottom with new razor blade..

Just to remove blunt scissor cut
Gently scrape 1/8 inch of skin on stalk to offer raw flesh , for better root development

Take your rapid rooter , stick a wire or coat hanger in it to plunge out center hole

Or poke a new hole in the rooter if the center hole is too big
Dip clone bottom in clonex

GENTLY find center hole or new hole you made , lubricate hole with a little clonex water mix to slide stem into plug
Be VERY gentle , not to crush stem

Set in your tray

Cover , move away from lights , but not dark for 12 to 24 hours

Then near light source , can be 4 ft or more away from lights , wait 8 to 14 days , roots will pop all over the place , transplant , into promix , i prefer because you dont need the coco watering scedeule for clones

Make sure to label your clones , dont mix the blue gelato with the sssd

Look at my gallery , you will see pics of this process

Last edited:
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I have a silicone ice tray that I fill for big cubes. I could use that, right? How do I clone, just cut with blade, dip in stuff, then put in tray?
Yup, simple as that, obviously clean blades & hands etc with rubbing alcohol. Fill trays with medium, cut, dip, plop, water

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

DW uses gentler methods but even without little extras, itll work, do extras tho because they do help. I used to do all that but got lazy & found out they still work they just have a little rougher time without extras

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I got lazy, I cut them & remove all growth except top node or 2 & cut off half of each remaining leaf & put them in water, then I just cut up center of stem to next node instead of scraping, dip it in clonex then gently place in hole made with pencil & push hole closed around baby. I only dome individual clones that are really droopy 24 hours after cut, doesnt happen often tho

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Keep close eye out for pm when using domes, I used let them out of dome few hours a day to reduce chances of pm. You may need to mist them a little with plain water sometimes but don't go overboard, keep medium damp but not wet until you see them perk up then start letting it dry out a little to make roots reach

Last edited:
KLight03

KLight03

I got lazy, I cut them & remove all growth except top node or 2 & cut off half of each remaining leaf & put them in water, then I just cut up center of stem to next node instead of scraping, dip it in clonex then gently place in hole made with pencil & push hole closed around baby. I only dome individual clones that are really droopy 24 hours after cut, doesnt happen often tho
I'm not even sure that I know what all that means. Hahaha!

KLight03

KLight03

I did a thread on cloning , but im going to bed now , if you want to wait till tomorrow , ill explain in detail
But bascially , cut shoot with scissor about 4 inches

Put cut in cup of water
Remove from water when ready
Lay on clean cutting board , make another cut off bottom with new razor blade..

Just to remove blunt scissor cut
Gently scrape 1/8 inch of skin on stalk to offer raw flesh , for better root development

Take your rapid rooter , stick a wire or coat hanger in it to plunge out center hole

Or poke a new hole in the rooter if the center hole is too big
Dip clone bottom in clonex

GENTLY find center hole or new hole you made , lubricate hole with a little clonex water mix to slide stem into plug
Be VERY gentle , not to crush stem

Set in your tray

Cover , move away from lights , but not dark for 12 to 24 hours

Then near light source , can be 4 ft or more away from lights , wait 8 to 14 days , roots will pop all over the place , transplant , into promix , i prefer because you dont need the coco watering scedeule for clones

Make sure to label your clones , dont mix the blue gelato with the sssd

Look at my gallery , you will see pics of this process
I appreciate this. I know I should have gone to your thread, so thank you for the explanation. I will get to work a couple of hours after they wake up. Should I be taking clones from the bottom growth? I feel like that's what my instinct wants to do.

KLight03

KLight03

I'll clarify anything you don't understand until I fall asleep if needed. I'll help you with DW way also. No big deal
I appreciate you. I am heading to bed. Last night/this mornings air sirens/tornados are catching up with. I'm falling asleep at the keyboard like I'm an old woman or something. Haha!

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I appreciate you. I am heading to bed. Last night/this mornings air sirens/tornados are catching up with. I'm falling asleep at the keyboard like I'm an old woman or something. Haha!
All good, understand, g'nite

Top Bottom