Kim's Beginner Diary

• Thread starter KLight03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KLight03

KLight03

Interesting day.

The girls have grown in such a way that they fit perfectly in a certain pattern when moved around, it's how I know which way they want to move. Today they have told me it's the day to pollinate. I'm pretty sure they will be upset that only the Mother will be fulfilling that wish, haha! I'm going to re-read what y'all have told me, then get to work in about four hours. I will pollinate, then let it set in with mist, then put a light bag type thing over the areas for a bit to make sure it's set in, then remove it.

The boys gave off a "Mom, I don't feel good, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm excited" vibe today. I noticed it when my stepsons were growing up, puberty has hit with full effect on both sides.

For those that are just tuning in, I'm okay with marching to a different beat of the drum than everyone else. If what I say/do makes you uncomfortable, figure out if it's a good thing or a bad thing. If bad, check out, it's all good. No need in hanging around places/people/things if they make you feel negative. This is not said to any one person in particular, I've just felt it across all areas as of late and feel it's important to state it.

Peace be with y'all today! 💗✌☮🙏

IMG 20200317 134946
IMG 20200317 134952
IMG 20200317 134958
IMG 20200317 135004
IMG 20200317 135025
IMG 20200317 135031
IMG 20200317 135037
IMG 20200317 140604
IMG 20200317 140611
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey K , looking good , tell us how the pollination vibe turned out , its really fun ...
I hope you will polinate one of the branches on the shorter girl , shes looking like a beautiful plant .....
And everybody looks nice and healthy , keep up the good work 👍

KLight03

KLight03

Thank you, Thank you!

Not sure what is up, but my muscles feel like I've been running a 5k or something. Maybe I did a bunch of dodging and weaving in my sleep last night or something? Haha!

Anyway, pollination happened this morning. I pollinated the Mother on her shorter bottom left branches. I wet the pistils down just a touch after pollination. (My hubs bought me this really sweet mister. I think I'm going to buy another four). I used a fine art paintbrush I snagged from my husband. I wanted to get pictures, but I've got a lot of tics happening today, so didn't happen. I've also resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be since the lowest area I pollinated, of course a forceful tic occurred. It was like someone slapped my junior high lunch tray out of my hand. Hahahaha! It did cross my mind a time or two...I wonder if I misted the paintbrush prior to pollination if that would make a difference vs vice versa. I'll post pictures tonight.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey K , thats funny , slapped your tray up .... it made me laugh , i mean funny but not funny , sometimes you gotta laugh,
Yea , you gotta listen to me sometimes , wet is NO GOOD , i told you that 😊
If you have more pollen or if the males are still with us , then i would do the whole thing again , sans , without any mist , i wouldent mist at all , or at least not for 24 hours ...

KLight03

KLight03

Hey K , thats funny , slapped your tray up .... it made me laugh , i mean funny but not funny , sometimes you gotta laugh,
Yea , you gotta listen to me sometimes , wet is NO GOOD , i told you that 😊
If you have more pollen or if the males are still with us , then i would do the whole thing again , sans , without any mist , i wouldent mist at all , or at least not for 24 hours ...
Hahaha! Glad I made you laugh, that's what it was meant to do.

One day, just one day, I will pretend like I'm not in paramedic school and NOT get it backwards. I will try again tomorrow. Males are still with us. What would I do with them otherwise?

KLight03

KLight03

I totally see the validity of the vent problem. I had actually thought about that.

The struggle is real as to just killing them off. I guess I could process the entire plant, huh?

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I totally see the validity of the vent problem. I had actually thought about that.

The struggle is real as to just killing them off. I guess I could process the entire plant, huh?
Not much left to males once they give up pollen, dont think there's much of anything usable (thc/cbd etc). I could be wrong tho

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hy k , Hi D , yes my advice , and, this thought its pretty well agreed upon in grow community. After you are finished collecting pollen , you should take the plant out of the picture , i call " kill" it , which of course dosent sound pleseant , you can call it harvest or process...... but if it dosen't dissapear soon , you run the risk of prolonged pollination or even worse total pollination , leaving you only seeded plant , if that was your goal then there would have been eairlier ways from the begining to pollinate....
And total pollination dosent seem to be what you wanted , that pollin is as tricky as flu virus , its going to get all over the place wether you want it to or not

What i would suggest is collect as much as you can today , store it , it will be more than enough for a long time , and cut the branches with a sharp scissor as carefully as possible and make sure they end up neatly and air tight in a large plasitiic bag , take it outside , dump a bucket of water on it and get it away as soon as possible , or skip the water , just get it far away , from house , wind , cloths etc....

If you process it at home or use it in your pantry , its going to become a bad habit , and your going to get pollen allover the place , if you insist on doing that at least spray the whole plant down , but that pollen can later dry and mess your plans up again...

KLight03

KLight03

Hy k , Hi D , yes my advice , and, this thought its pretty well agreed upon in grow community. After you are finished collecting pollen , you should take the plant out of the picture , i call " kill" it , which of course dosent sound pleseant , you can call it harvest or process...... but if it dosen't dissapear soon , you run the risk of prolonged pollination or even worse total pollination , leaving you only seeded plant , if that was your goal then there would have been eairlier ways from the begining to pollinate....
And total pollination dosent seem to be what you wanted , that pollin is as tricky as flu virus , its going to get all over the place wether you want it to or not

What i would suggest is collect as much as you can today , store it , it will be more than enough for a long time , and cut the branches with a sharp scissor as carefully as possible and make sure they end up neatly and air tight in a large plasitiic bag , take it outside , dump a bucket of water on it and get it away as soon as possible , or skip the water , just get it far away , from house , wind , cloths etc....

If you process it at home or use it in your pantry , its going to become a bad habit , and your going to get pollen allover the place , if you insist on doing that at least spray the whole plant down , but that pollen can later dry and mess your plans up again...
I agree.

Ugh.

KLight03

KLight03

They lived full life for them, they are happy to have passed on their genes which is their main purpose
I just read an article where it's been found that they have medicine in their pollen. Think dabs here. I'm sitting here wondering if it was cured properly, how wonderful it would be? I'm not going to sit here and begin to imagine that I'm going to wait to accumulate enough pollen to make it worth it (and I don't have proper equipment)...however, there is also medicine in their joints...if the stem is hollow, it cannot be spongy, then it's too far. I'd have to let it ferment for at least six months. I'm going to try it.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I just read an article where it's been found that they have medicine in their pollen. Think dabs here. I'm sitting here wondering if it was cured properly, how wonderful it would be? I'm not going to sit here and begin to imagine that I'm going to wait to accumulate enough pollen to make it worth it (and I don't have proper equipment)...however, there is also medicine in their joints...if the stem is hollow, it cannot be spongy, then it's too far. I'd have to let it ferment for at least six months. I'm going to try it.
Keep pollen, remove plants

Top Bottom