Kingbrite 240w 2020 lights 164$?!

• Thread starter Hobblebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hobblebush

Hobblebush

I need to light a 5x5, look at this page for some of their newer lights, using LM301H and looks pretty solid. Linky Link

They claim that it can light a 5x5 for flower with 2, what are your thoughts o' light gurus of this forum?

Ive only heard good things about them, that they use good parts and it doesnt come cheaper than them.

I would opt for the 3500k spectrum, and buying two lights is still less than 400$, what are your thoughts on their numbers? is this anywhere near enough wattage for 4 plants in a 5x5?

(they misspelled their product title 'Kingbirte' can't win em all yonder in China)

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
We had a 15 page thread today about all the lights. The thread is “Chinese LED” check it out. Lots of good information in that thread.
Burnz

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Spiman2u

Spiman2u

Same one I posted above.. Yesterday it started. lol 18pgs now Your link looks better.. Going to have to learn that.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Same one I posted above.. Yesterday it started. lol 18pgs now Your link looks better.. Going to have to learn that.
Yeah no sense in starting another thread when there are plenty of already started threads with same topic.
happy grows

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Here is the best option that one of the support people Jerry Meng sent to me Link has the lm301h and basically is just another panel attached width to width to make it much longer. 2 of these would be perfect in a 5x5 i think

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Here is the best option that one of the support people Jerry Meng sent to me Link has the lm301h and basically is just another panel attached width to width to make it much longer. 2 of these would be perfect in a 5x5 i think

I've got 3 in my 5 x 5. Over-kill? Possibly ... but my boards have dimmers. I like my plants directly under the lights though. If your plans are to only grow 4 in a 5 x 5, 2 lights should be sufficient. Just arrange 2 plants per light.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

I've got 3 in my 5 x 5. Over-kill? Possibly ... but my boards have dimmers. I like my plants directly under the lights though. If your plans are to only grow 4 in a 5 x 5, 2 lights should be sufficient. Just arrange 2 plants per light.

sounds good thank you alot, a third might be in the future, its alot to dump on LED's. But nothing cheaper than growing your own!

How high from the canopy do you keep your lights ?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

souds good thank you alot, a third might be in the future, its alot to dump on LED's. But nothing cheaper than growing your own!
You're likely to get your "ROI" (return on investment) during your first harvest. And "Under $200 dollars means if you choose a plain white in either 3000k or 3500k, your price per light drops. Those white light 240w QB288 units start at $105 + shipping. Plan on about $160-$170 out the door.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

You're likely to get your "ROI" (return on investment) during your first harvest. And "Under $200 dollars means if you choose a plain white in either 3000k or 3500k, your price per light drops. Those white light 240w QB288 units start at $105 + shipping. Plan on about $160-$170 out the door.

yeah the shipping is a bit steep, but its shipping from china so theres that. Im going to go with two of those longer units with 3 led panels, they are 186 each and two would do well in the 5x5 i think

If theres an option for 4000k should i get it?

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Screen Shot 2020 04 10 at 83222 AM

@MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

yeah the shipping is a bit steep, but its shipping from china so theres that. Im going to go with two of those longer units with 3 led panels, they are 186 each and two would do well in the 5x5 i think

If theres an option for 4000k should i get it?
While I believe all 3 options technically will bring your plants through to harvest, 4000k is considered "veg only." 3500k is considered both veg and flower. 3000k is considered "flower only."

Truth is I would use either my 3000k or 3500k from veg through harvest and would feel just fine doing so. 3000k might cause a little more stretch during veg.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That's a nice light and 2 would light a 5 x 5 pretty effectively. It also has the dimmers. Although right now, you might come in at slightly over $400 once shipping is applied. If there's some flexibility to that, this is not a bad choice.

Obviously, the boards with Cree/LG are the ones with the better components, but also at a higher price point.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

While I believe all 3 options technically will bring your plants through to harvest, 4000k is considered "veg only." 3500k is considered both veg and flower. 3000k is considered "flower only."

Truth is I would use either my 3000k or 3500k from veg through harvest and would feel just fine doing so. 3000k might cause a little more stretch during veg.
Thanks so much for the info. 3500k it is

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I bought the 3500k last week. Waiting patiently. 😴 only 48.50 for shipping for me and I got the expedited. Probably the same time though lol. Happy grows.
Burnz

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
let me know how fast the shipping goes. Very excited to hear about this light. Did you get the longer 3 grids of LED in the image above?
No. The 240w should be sufficient for my needs as of now. May change in the future.

B887DC9C 1D8B 4A82 8107 2D2AB532D6CE
Top Bottom