Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourthCity

FourthCity

Of course you are defending your purchase. That is your thing and when it takes a dump you will nit say a word. It will just be another hey look at the latest I got bla bla bra light. We never hear you guys admit the light was a pos just on to the next one
Not sure what makes you think that is my thing or why you want to make this personal. Honestly if one of my kingbrite lights fails due to the board I will probably change the board out with an hlg unit(https://horticulturelightinggroup.c...-boards/products/qb288-v2-bspec-quantum-board), it would be an easy swap and would still be cheaper than buying a whole new light from either company. If the driver fails then I can replace it with the same common meanwell driver or one of many other options. This ease of maintenance and ability to interchange parts is a big advantage over some of the other brands that you mentioned.

You have my word that I will post if the lights fail (assuming they fail while I still own them). My biggest concern is not that they will fail prematurely but that their light output will degrade quicker than my hlgs and timbers. Only time will tell on that and I am not going to make claims about their longevity, good or bad, that I cant at least back up with some evidence. If I haven't made it clear, I would really like to learn more about these failures and issues that you and a couple others have mentioned but no one seems to be willing or able share any more details about this or where exactly they have heard these things.

This is not my thread, my only intent on posting here is to try and add to a relevant and intelligent discussion on the merits and shortcomings of kingbrite lights. At this point it just feels like your responses are more geared towards trolling rather than adding anything useful to the conversation.

Glassdub

Glassdub

So if a Kingbrite light works for 20 months and needs to be replaced after, it's still more cost effective than the HLG.

Also, keep in mind that the LED market has been evolving rapidly. Would I want to be running a 3 year old light when so much has changed in the last 18 months? Do I want to pay top dollar for something that might be essentially obsolete in 24 months?
Kingbrite's have a 1 year, assuming you can get them to honor, that's why I ultimately decided to avoid them, I sorta agree about HLG though, I've yet to be convinced they are worth the price & footprint.

Jrmy911

Jrmy911

KingBrite has been fairly honest. They say top bin but then post SK which is 2nd to top. No idea how anybody could say the diodes in their boards are lower/mixed bin because you'd have to pull out and test each diode individually at 25degC and 65mA then test luminous flux to bin them....I've never seen any reference to anybody doing this so I'm calling BS. I've been running KingBrite 240W lights (8 of them) for 14 months continuously and haven't had any issues so far knock on wood. Just bought 4 more but from geeksquad to compare.

As for concern about luminous output degredation, HLG and Chinese companies that are using Samsung lm301 diodes (read chinese made diodes as their manufacturing facility is in Shanghai and their headquarters is in S. Korea) will degrade at the same rate. Only difference could be heat sink and board construction, which is a big deal and board construction is probably the number one cause of failures. Luckily, you can buy the hlg boards to replace any failures for about $90 but could get replacement boards from KingBrite for about half that.

The HLG V2 are $350 shipped whereas the equivalent KingBrite is about $110USD and I'm assuming you'd buy 4 so $140 UPS express shipping so $145/ea shipped.....that's less than half the cost. I've heard HLG makes their own boards and pots their diodes in USA but not positive on that....they could be sourcing a Chinese factory to do this as well.

FuqStik

FuqStik

KingBrite has been fairly honest. They say top bin but then post SK which is 2nd to top. No idea how anybody could say the diodes in their boards are lower/mixed bin because you'd have to pull out and test each diode individually at 25degC and 65mA then test luminous flux to bin them....I've never seen any reference to anybody doing this so I'm calling BS. I've been running KingBrite 240W lights (8 of them) for 14 months continuously and haven't had any issues so far knock on wood. Just bought 4 more but from geeksquad to compare.

As for concern about luminous output degredation, HLG and Chinese companies that are using Samsung lm301 diodes (read chinese made diodes as their manufacturing facility is in Shanghai and their headquarters is in S. Korea) will degrade at the same rate. Only difference could be heat sink and board construction, which is a big deal and board construction is probably the number one cause of failures. Luckily, you can buy the hlg boards to replace any failures for about $90 but could get replacement boards from KingBrite for about half that.

The HLG V2 are $350 shipped whereas the equivalent KingBrite is about $110USD and I'm assuming you'd buy 4 so $140 UPS express shipping so $145/ea shipped.....that's less than half the cost. I've heard HLG makes their own boards and pots their diodes in USA but not positive on that....they could be sourcing a Chinese factory to do this as well.
Everything HLG uses is mostly sourced and manufactured in S. Korea / China.... it's hilarious. Yes, the boards and the heatsink are the biggest difference. BUT for people to come on here and degrade other "Chinese" companies and just spew out MERICA for the HLG / Timber, etc.... they are all manufactured in the same fucking place you idiots. They are customized and produced in America - congrats. lol...

I have 4 of the Geeklight 240w - they are amazing. I removed my heatsink and hung higher in the tent to disperse the heat easier. Piece of cake.

Conky

Conky

Mmm, could you link me the one your talking bout (Best bang for your buck) from kingbrite? I been debating all week for my 5x 240w. It's so overwhelming with all the options of LED. I feel like i'll never be able to make that purchase due to confusion and lack of information between 301H/301B , UV/IR, Cree or Epistar. There's like so many options .

So far i'm debating between 5x :

OR

5x

But then, i see many people vouch for other 240w from the same vendor. It's so complex .

:'(

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I ran this exact board last run and had great results. My experience only. I’ll have my final dried weight by the end of the week.

Conky

Conky

Actually, ima most def end up with one of those x5. Not sure which one yet but i need to order top tomorrow.

1st option: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.2.156328829B15sL

2nd option: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.11.458a49dccyJoD3

3rd option: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.11.4ee1649fRcEUx2

From what i can tell, people also say to go over 3000k vs 3500k . Some people still vouch 3500k bring more results which i'm curious bout.

For some reasons, i think either option 1 or 3 would be the best as i keep seeing people claim UV/IR ain't the best and lower the light durability.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Actually, ima most def end up with one of those x5. Not sure which one yet but i need to order top tomorrow.

1st option: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.2.156328829B15sL

2nd option: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.11.458a49dccyJoD3

3rd option: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.11.4ee1649fRcEUx2

From what i can tell, people also say to go over 3000k vs 3500k . Some people still vouch 3500k bring more results which i'm curious bout.

For some reasons, i think either option 1 or 3 would be the best as i keep seeing people claim UV/IR ain't the best and lower the light durability.
Cool. Wish you the best. I had great results with the UV/IR board. Check my diary for my results.

BigCube

BigCube

The way I see it is, I want as close to 2700k as I can get. I'm sad kingbrite doesnt make them, but she says they will if you buy 100. Lol

I use 3000k no red or uv. I don't want them taking valuable wattage away from my lm301's. I just supplement with other red fixtures when I need them in the last few weeks of flower.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Respectfully @Conky, and I say this as a fan of overthinking, you're overthinking the absolute shit out of these lights. 😄 😉

Without UV/IR is good. With is also good. Your plants will like either. Try one of each and see if you have a preference!

Also remember that emailing them will likely help with confusion.

Conky

Conky

Amen to that ! I been overthinking WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much. I wish they made it simple and not like 5-10 different type of 240w (v1,v2,v3,v4 and so on).

I think i have a small idea of what i'll get and do like you said and email them. Do they usually give rebates or deal on the price/shipping if mailing them or it's fix price?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Amen to that ! I been overthinking WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much. I wish they made it simple and not like 5-10 different type of 240w (v1,v2,v3,v4 and so on).

I think i have a small idea of what i'll get and do like you said and email them. Do they usually give rebates or deal on the price/shipping if mailing them or it's fix price?
By design to seperate you from your money

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

If you're getting a few it's always worth a shot to email and see if they can work out a price break.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Mmm, could you link me the one your talking bout (Best bang for your buck) from kingbrite? I been debating all week for my 5x 240w. It's so overwhelming with all the options of LED. I feel like i'll never be able to make that purchase due to confusion and lack of information between 301H/301B , UV/IR, Cree or Epistar. There's like so many options .

So far i'm debating between 5x :

OR

5x

But then, i see many people vouch for other 240w from the same vendor. It's so complex .

:'(
S

#1 in 3500k
#3 in 3000k

if you find #1 but in Cree for the extra 40 get it if YOU Have the EXTRA $$$ Now.. If Not Buy #1

1 of each back to back
Order form Vicky........................

Kanzeon is RIGHT stop thinking and Start BUYing

I Run all 3.....

basscaptain

basscaptain

Talk to Vicky if your getting a few she will help

Conky

Conky

@basscaptain you made my day. That comment made me laugh and thank you for the time you took to assist me!
@Kanzeon Thank you for the tips!
@Aquaman Exactly, you are so right.

If she send me an invoice on paypal, i guess she'll email me the tracking at said email (the one used with paypal) since we won't proceed with Alibaba? Or it's all done through Alibaba?

Thanks once again guys and now let's hope i won't be fucked with massive Canadian duties :P

basscaptain

basscaptain

and tell her I need a few new lights to try also.... 2 of those new strip lights in 3500k @ 600w would be Kool with Capt's Farm on them....

Conky

Conky

Awesome, that mean some potential good deals. Thank you guys. You really managed to remove lot of stress and enlighten me on these lights. I been used all my life to HPS/Mh. I've seen good results come out of these led in multiples grow journal and now i'm interested!

If it works well, i guess i'll build my next lights (Strips) once i did my homeworks. I saw that digikey have tons of supplies.

Have an awesome days guys and happy toking/growing!

Top Bottom