Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backonroids

Backonroids

Looks nice ! I'm flirting with those as well. How's the build quality ?

I'm still not sure if one 600w kit would suffice for a 5x5 room ? Or better to take two 480w kits .... ? The more light the better I guess. The advantage would be that I can alway dim thus extending the lifespan of the LED's.

Somewhere in another forum some guy advised adding one or two bars to the kit to reduce the current on each bar and also extending the lifespan of the bars. You would still get 480w (or 600w depending on the kit). You'd get a better spread aswell.

Any opinions ?
I honestly love these bar lights, the build is great, and being able to move the bars independently is nice. You could go with 2 480w or like white said, go with 4 240w QBs. But again with the bars, you can cover more area by moving the bars around and spacing them out to where you want them

BigCube

BigCube

The 550 by HLG is a great fixture. Other than the price, there is nothing wrong with it. I'm willing to bet it's a combination of the main lining and possibly less nutrients than optimal. But that's just a guess knowing nothing of your particulars.

BernardMarx

BernardMarx

I honestly love these bar lights, the build is great, and being able to move the bars independently is nice. You could go with 2 480w or like white said, go with 4 240w QBs. But again with the bars, you can cover more area by moving the bars around and spacing them out to where you want them
Think I'll go with 2x 480 bars for flowering and 2x 240 boards for veg room.
What about heat ? Honestly i would like them to give off some heat as my new room will be in a basement. At the moment i'm in a bloody shed so I'll have to wait until the new room is ready.
But everythings closed so can't by the materials....DAMN YOU LOCKDOWN !

Moshmen

Moshmen

Did I make a mistake buying a HLG 550 last year for a 4x4? This is my first grow with it and the grow could be going better. I also added one of those HLG30 bars (UVA) for the last 2-3 weeks of flower. I am in my first week of flower. I tired mainlining some sour diesel and sour kosher than going to the SCROG. the stretch is just starting so will be lowering my trellis today. I hope this HLG isn't the reason things are going slow. It's brighter than shit and Like the company, and was expensive (even on sale). Hopefully it was the mainlining and last that slowed the veg stage down? Looking for some thoughts from experienced growers. Not the guys arguing and swearing at each other. thank you in advance buzz buddies!
Dusty
Not the lights, more likely your inexperience, there are plenty of guys killin it wi th the 550 hang in there time/experience will get ya better product/yield

chiguy

chiguy

Shipping keeps going up. $755 for 15 240w boards on the 360 w heatsinks... was $ 100 less last month.

dusty68

dusty68

Not the lights, more likely your inexperience, there are plenty of guys killin it wi th the 550 hang in there time/experience will get ya better product/yield
I concur. I have a lot to learn. thanks all for the resposes.

Backonroids

Backonroids

How and who would I contact to purchase from King Brite
Here’s the supplier to look for on alibaba to chat with

0C9F8396 5032 4658 BBDA 4FB96C8544F2

Backonroids

Backonroids

Quick update on the plants under my 480w bars. Today is day 21 flower, will do a heavy defol this morning and show some after pictures. Everything on track as of now. Switched to Floraflex powder nutes about a week into flower, plants haven't skipped a beat. Yes I know the one driver is still on the ground 🙄
1day21
2day21

Backonroids

Backonroids

I could have done a bit more, but my back had enough bending over lol. Next run I will have flood tables and have them a bit higher, that was brutal to do. I also see I could have filled my scrog a bit more on both, but I had to get these plants flowering.
A1
A2
A3

godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

14 sets king bright 301h with 660 epi star. Simple 14k heat pump, 60pint dehu, bottle co2, full Trolmaster unit tied to the lights for on off cycle and dimming runs humidifer and dehu as well as co2. Plants are in 5 gal fabrics gro pro pots which are closer to a 7 gal. 70/30 mother earth coco perlite. 4 drips a day 2 mins the first drip 1 min 3 times after that. Nutes in order I add them --Front row ag Si, Plagron coco A & B, Floramax flowering enhancer, Floramax Resin Xs, Snow Stom ultra, CES sour dee, H&G drip clean, Heavy 16 prime, Soul infinity, Botanicare Pure blend tea, Z7 enzyme part 1 & part 2. Ph 5.6 ppm 1200 500scale or 2.4 EC. I think that covers most of it any questions feel free to ask tho.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

14 sets king bright 301h with 660 epi star. Simple 14k heat pump, 60pint dehu, bottle co2, full Trolmaster unit tied to the lights for on off cycle and dimming runs humidifer and dehu as well as co2. Plants are in 5 gal fabrics gro pro pots which are closer to a 7 gal. 70/30 mother earth coco perlite. 4 drips a day 2 mins the first drip 1 min 3 times after that. Nutes in order I add them --Front row ag Si, Plagron coco A & B, Floramax flowering enhancer, Floramax Resin Xs, Snow Stom ultra, CES sour dee, H&G drip clean, Heavy 16 prime, Soul infinity, Botanicare Pure blend tea, Z7 enzyme part 1 & part 2. Ph 5.6 ppm 1200 500scale or 2.4 EC. I think that covers most of it any questions feel free to ask tho.

how old are the lights and have any failed or had problems?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Second round with them not one problem.

thanks. Good to know. I am hoping to hear from someone with years of service. They should last 10 but 5 would be acceptable for their prices I think. But no one seems to have run any chinese light for very long yet and reported.

I know members online with 5 year old hlg stuff working fine or replaced quickly if had a problem.

Top Bottom