Kinked Stem... Will That Branch Survive?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

Hi everyone! I had to tie down a few branches the other day as they were getting too close to the light, obviously i wasn't gentle enough as one stem bent and kinked like a hose...I know you can get away with this in the veg stage, but the plant is in 4th week of flower. Is this kind of thing usually fatal to the branch? Any help is appreciated ❤

dan1989

dan1989

Also I didn't try and straighten it too much in case I did more damage... What would you do at this stage if it were you?

jammie

jammie

not fatal but will definitely bend more and maybe break later in flower if you leave it. just straighten in a bit and wrap some duct tape around it. if you were in veg it would be upright in 2-3 days.

jammie

jammie

if you want to do an A+ job, go outside and break a 4" twig off a tree or bush and use that as a splint with the duct tape

dan1989

dan1989

if you want to do an A+ job, go outside and break a 4" twig off a tree or bush and use that as a splint with the duct tape

In saying that, the reason I tried to tie it down is because it was too close to the light, so straightening it will take me back to the original problem. It's not bent over double, say a little more than 45 degrees...i assume when you say it could snap later, you mean the weight of the buds will collapse it? I'm thinking I might try and get away with leaving it and possibly supporting it with some garden wire... What do you think?

jammie

jammie

hey dan- yea the weight of the bud will collapse it. never tried garden wire. havent come across much that can't be fixed with duct tape

dan1989

dan1989

That's great advice thanks. I have some thin stainless steel rod I can cut and bend a 45 degree angle for a splint.

guymandude

guymandude

so if you think the branch will die or cause problems later in flower, how do you explain super-cropping?

Joe Metabo

Joe Metabo

Super cropping works for me.Break their necks pisses them off then they get all fat and greasy.Bitches you got to love them.

dan1989

dan1989

so if you think the branch will die or cause problems later in flower, how do you explain super-cropping?

I wouldn't know how to explain super cropping, because I've never done it and don't know very much about it. Great input though :P

dan1989

dan1989

My first attempt at topping and tying, my current plants. Lollipopped too, making for an interesting experiment... Sorry about the blurry pic
It's actually not nearly as much lower growth removed as I would have liked, but they grew so fast in veg, I just had to flip the lights! Reached my halfway height limit in around four weeks or so :D

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
My first attempt at topping and tying, my current plants. Lollipopped too, making for an interesting experiment... Sorry about the blurry pic
Looks good no worries about the pic I can see where your heading , I lollipoped my bigger ones a month ago , I'm hoping for a better crop from that method

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
It's actually not nearly as much lower growth removed as I would have liked, but they grew so fast in veg, I just had to flip the lights! Reached my halfway height limit in around four weeks or so :D
You have to work with your growing environment that's why I've gone with 2 bigger lollipoped and 2 super cropped I started both methods at same time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom