Kinked Stem... Will That Branch Survive?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

don't go out side and bring out side stuff in to your grow room unless u check it out or spray it with bug killer first unless u want to take a chance of getting bugs that could b a pain to kill

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

if u could bring it to my thread be nice so we don't bog his down with are chat

dan1989

dan1989

You have to work with your growing environment that's why I've gone with 2 bigger lollipoped and 2 super cropped I started both methods at same time .

So would I be correct in the following...

1:- top
2:- tie down to create more branches
3:-supercrop the stems of the new branches
4:-lollipop to promote more growth at the top

Also I've heard that it's possible to spread the growth hormone too much, giving you lots of small colas. Is this true in your experience and would you say the greater amount of smaller colas makes up for the smaller size?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I tied down I like to lst with tape then top them then after they grow alil then I crop them after more growing I lop them

guymandude

guymandude

i super crop rather than trim. trimming seems counter-productive to me - just my opinion. When you pinch the branch, then bend it over, the plant will heal the part of the branch that was pinched and bent, it will look like a big knuckle of sorts - stronger than before. If the branch in the original post did not break off, chances are it will heal and be nice and strong.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-super-crop-marijuana

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I'm personally not a fan of using high stress techniques like Supercropping.

But like any tool it has its correct application. I would personally only use it if I was in flower and I underestimated the stretch.

I would try lightly bending it with pipe cleaners first. Then if that didn't work I'd try Supercropping next.

This is what topping and lst training look like. I topped once leaving the 1st and 2nd nodes. Then one more time on the 4 branches. After that all lst with a little lollipop-ing b4 flip. She has 57 tops and is in a 10 gallon pot in a 2x2 tent.

Downloadfile 5
Downloadfile 4

No need for Supercropping when you can make bushes like this.

And as far as spreading out the hormone into multiple tops. It doesn't hurt the plant. Just spreads out the flower development.

Whether you have a 1oz single cola or 10 cola's totalling 1oz. The end result is the same. Only difference will be cola size.

All my manifolded grows have had multiple quality tops. You can look to some scrog grows for inspiration.

Having your tops at canopy level ensures they get the highest light intensity. Which makes them fat and happy.

below frigid

below frigid

It seems like were over thinking this a little. On the bent branch, get a little of that green plastic nursery tape and tie it to the branch and main stem to just get the weight off it. Don't mess with it too much and it will fix it's self just fine. All the above mentioned work. Start slow until you get the hang of it. I would just use the pinching technique. Just roll the branch between your thumb and fore finger and squeeze gently until you feel a little pop. Then leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom