KLM Prodanktions: The GrowLog Prologue

• Thread starter kyLman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kyLman

kyLman

Welcome to the KLM Prodanktions GrowLog Prologue.

I hit the wrong button LOL

Welcome to the KLM Prodanktions GrowLog Prologue.

This is my first grow- I attempted once during college but ended up frying the plants with nutrients within a couple weeks and never attempted since. Over the years I've been a small help trimming locally but mainly used to blast BHO shatter for local grows and was pretty decent at it. Unfortunately my story doesn't end well, all I will say is... make you run solvents outside. Anywho...it's time in my life to grow for myself so here I am (mentally too lol.)

Well....story time to bring everyone up to date.

Current setup: Veg Tent is 4X4 with a 600W LED Vivraspector (however you spell Amazon) running a cheap 4" inline exhaust and I need to buy another carbon filter for it still (using in flower room.) For now, its fine. Ultimately I want to buy another AC Infinity fan for the veg tent. I plan on having 8 plants in veg at two different age groups. I'm not sure entirely how I want to train to maximize my yield/quality yet so I am pretty much practicing with topping/training to my desire- hence the different ages and ideally getting a perpetual harvest every 8-10 weeks. I am using a 3X3 tent for Flower under a Mars Hydro 2000. My plan is flower 4 at a time under this setup. I am extremely limited in my basement space and do not have anymore room, so this is what I am working with. You will see how rundown my space is lol.

I started 7 bag seeds (hermie) on January 28th, I know its one of these three strains since I only buy from one person. Ice Cream, Wedding Cake or Green Crack. I'm not sure if anything will come of it, but I really enjoy those strains.

As of today, everyone is sharing space in the 3x3 until I can 100% finish the veg space. I just need to plumb the exhaust, I'm debating giving the fan to my roommate for his woodshop, or just run it no exhaust for now. I'm strapped on cash.

I have two females that a friend gave me from an overcrowded grow, one is Fruit Punch and the other is Moby Dick. I just LST some branches out of the way- they arent the prettiest girls as you can see they have been pinched for clones before. BUT I am looking forward to flipping them to flower at the end of this week.

Ope - I just realized I cannot upload pictures yet... must need permission. I will be back...

kyLman

kyLman

Unnamed 10

Unnamed 4

Here is the 3x3, all crammed under the Mars Hydro 2000. It's usually 76deg and 52rh in here most of the time. I hang a few wet towels with a fan blowing on them from the top. The AC infinity fan comes on when there's too much humidity and seems to work well for my work schedule. I didn't want to add humidity to the basement, and with the excessive cold air drafts, heating it would be costly too, so this is what I made work. The little heater blows on low most of the day and the orange heater is on an inkbird temp switch to boost when necessary. I have two fans attached in opposite directions on the top of the tent, not deal but seems to move air.

IMG 4227

The two on the left are the healthies of the bunch, did they stretch too much?

Unnamed 5
Moby Dick. I just defoliated her and LST'd some of the branches to even out the canopy. I hope to send to flower next week but I am looking for advice here. I believe height will my limiting factor. The tent is6 feet and these girls are already tall.
IMG 4231

The fruit punch after defol and LST for a day.

As you see, three out the five are kinda stunted/smaller than the rest. Again I have an idea of like 3 strains it might be, but who knows? Will these stunted girls produce at all later on?

I hope to keep updating this as I go along, there are so many things to consider and I welcome using y'all to balance out to logic. Thanks for coming by y'all

Unnamed 9
Unnamed 8
Unnamed 7
Unnamed 6
kyLman

kyLman

I'm trying to figure out some of my taco'ing issue...I am thinking its too much airflow/ too much light. I also read things about mag deficiency? I am not using cal-mag yet. Any advice is appreciated.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Looking good! The runts will produce something in my experience but you need to give them veg time. In flower they can be different. I don't think anything looks too stretched.

Re: tacoing....could be a few things. Mag a possibility. Light another. Tbh I'm not sure based on looking at it, but it does not look acute to me.

Welcome to the farm!

kyLman

kyLman

Looking good! The runts will produce something in my experience but you need to give them veg time. In flower they can be different. I don't think anything looks too stretched.

Re: tacoing....could be a few things. Mag a possibility. Light another. Tbh I'm not sure based on looking at it, but it does not look acute to me.

Welcome to the farm!
Thanks Milton - Should I just let it do it's thing for now? I dialed the light back to 40% @ 22inches....and I am hoping that my veg tent is ready today (working on getting up to humidity right now. The basement is like 17%...)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thanks Milton - Should I just let it do it's thing for now? I dialed the light back to 40% @ 22inches....and I am hoping that my veg tent is ready today (working on getting up to humidity right now. The basement is like 17%...)
Oh well there's your tacoing. They are just a little dry. So long as they are drinking at a good clip, I'd let them keep rockin'. The biggest thing in veg imo is letting her get her roots under her so that when it's showtime (flower) she can stretch to the size she wants to be. So when you see the leaves doing something, the question to ask (imo) is "is this a sign that something is dying at the root level, or is it just a sign that the plant isn't at max photosynthesis capacity atm?" The first one is a big deal. The second one.....i mean you can tinker in veg but it's a patience thing.

kyLman

kyLman

Oh well there's your tacoing. They are just a little dry. So long as they are drinking at a good clip, I'd let them keep rockin'. The biggest thing in veg imo is letting her get her roots under her so that when it's showtime (flower) she can stretch to the size she wants to be. So when you see the leaves doing something, the question to ask (imo) is "is this a sign that something is dying at the root level, or is it just a sign that the plant isn't at max photosynthesis capacity atm?" The first one is a big deal. The second one.....i mean you can tinker in veg but it's a patience thing.
The tent itself is 45-55% usually, so I am not certain the leaves are drying out? Should I up the humidity controller to 60%?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The tent itself is 45-55% usually, so I am not certain the leaves are drying out? Should I up the humidity controller to 60%?
Ah, my misunderstanding. Idk if that difference would matter tbh. Not saying it would not, to be clear. I just don't know.

If the edges start browning, I'd revisit.

Might also try giving them some cal mag.

kyLman

kyLman

Ah, my misunderstanding. Idk if that difference would matter tbh. Not saying it would not, to be clear. I just don't know.

If the edges start browning, I'd revisit.

Might also try giving them some cal mag.
I just moved them into their veg home, new (less intense) light, more space, more humidity... I will update! Thank you for your help

kyLman

kyLman

Not sure if the taco is getting any better... I would argue not. It's only happening to one of the plants, not sure why- everything seems to be consistent.
IMG 4247

I also noticed that I might've topping this one wrong?? Look in there....notice that I topped the middle growth, but only one side is sprouting new sets of leaves.... any idea what is going to happen?
IMG 4245
Only growth on one side?
IMG 4243
Here is a different plant after topping.

Any ideas what do about the taco? I havent cal-magged yet but none of the others are showing this stressor.

IMG 4248
IMG 4249
kyLman

kyLman

OK- i need THC Farmers help. i cant type well i cut my thumb on a saw last night and got a couple stitches.

my PH pen was off!!! so i bought a quality one....and did a slurry test 5.5.....

what are my steps to correcting the issue??

IMG 4267
IMG 4268
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
OK- i need THC Farmers help. i cant type well i cut my thumb on a saw last night and got a couple stitches.

my PH pen was off!!! so i bought a quality one....and did a slurry test 5.5.....

what are my steps to correcting the issue??
Try watering with just plain water and then check again?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Do I water right now? theyre still damp from feeding Tuesday. Or do i wait?
Up to you. Depends how urgent you think the issue is. I don't grow in pure soil so I can't say exactly from experience.

kyLman

kyLman

Up to you. Depends how urgent you think the issue is. I don't grow in pure soil so I can't say exactly from experience.
Thank you, i watered with 6.8 until runoff. im hoping to see an improvement tomorrow. i found ONE fan leaf with a pencil tip turned yellow...so hopefully i corrected before major lockout?

Top Bottom