KNF fermentation, lets have a discussion.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I'd love to hear from the farmers who use knf brews to see the hows and what's of what you're doing.

Maybe I'm over thinking some of the processes, but as a beer brewer my mind tends to think about fermentation from a fairly technical standpoint.
Your in the wrong place for that. Memorizing the cool acronyms is about as technical as internet folk like to get.

Molasses is a tried and true additive and growing and is what I use to feed my microbes.
Why don't you feed them fruit? How many people using molasses have ever looked in the microscope? It's just an internet sheep thing, not proven superior in any way.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

the KNF i am familiar with is EM. My friend has a IBC tote with the top cut off it with the culture on the bottom, he bought over the counter em dropped it in put some water and feeds it watermelons or sweet potatoes, mangos, bananas. Theres cultures of different kinds growing much like a culture on a pitri dish. tons of dead flys and not aerated at all. About 75 gal at the bottom of the tote. Pull out a gal of two, and dilute. Me coming from the school of aerated oxygenated it seems nasty anaerobic grossness. Pauls Staments says to culture your own to cook rice and bury it in cheese cloth somewhere thats really alive for a few weeks and use that as a starter culture, also had a friend tell me to do that for a inoc for teas and even putting it in the soil...Also whos checked out the Grow Kashi video on youtube with the soil king? Using Bu s blend and EM to grow huge white fungal hyphe its nuts. The whole world of anaerobic and fermented seems really foreign in america, seems the school of thought is aerated oxygenated.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

the KNF i am familiar with is EM. My friend has a IBC tote with the top cut off it with the culture on the bottom, he bought over the counter em dropped it in put some water and feeds it watermelons or sweet potatoes, mangos, bananas. Theres cultures of different kinds growing much like a culture on a pitri dish. tons of dead flys and not aerated at all. About 75 gal at the bottom of the tote. Pull out a gal of two, and dilute. Me coming from the school of aerated oxygenated it seems nasty anaerobic grossness. Pauls Staments says to culture your own to cook rice and bury it in cheese cloth somewhere thats really alive for a few weeks and use that as a starter culture, also had a friend tell me to do that for a inoc for teas and even putting it in the soil...Also whos checked out the Grow Kashi video on youtube with the soil king? Using Bu s blend and EM to grow huge white fungal hyphe its nuts. The whole world of anaerobic and fermented seems really foreign in america, seems the school of thought is aerated oxygenated.
Thats intense. Whatever works for him. What did it smell like?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Thats intense. Whatever works for him. What did it smell like?
Raw AF!!! Also with compost tea, letting it sit for long periods of time, full half full and bottoms and just airate for twelve hours before use. But heres what i think, that the idea of cannabis being fungal loving plants is far from the truth, i believe that a balanced biome is optimal and a lot of KNF has to do with anaerobic activity, and fermentation. For me the opposite end of what i was taught, and what a lot of western minds believe like Elaine Ingriam and some of the leading soil scientists in 'merica. So there is a lot of unexpained there, thats what is really intriuging to me. With my newly acquired knowledge of enzymes and and the actual roles that they play theres a lot more i want to know about the microbial activity in anaerobic stuff like that. Yeasts, enzymes, bacteria, all these things play i unseen role in our everyday life, from the reaction of enzymes to convert starches to sugars to create vodka, bread, and beer, but with in us as well knowing that fungus in our lungs and bacteria in our tummys. life. Wheres all the soil science nerds at?!?!?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

this is new to me,ive never used yeast to ferment,also using the flask does it make the process faster?
my normal method is 1:1, equal weights of plant and molasess,i have used brown sugar but find it gets hard in bottom of my mason jars,also using molasses i dont have to worry about my jars pinging as much.
i use 5 gal buckets with sealed lids,paint buckets,they have a second small lid i drill 1/4 inch hole in that small lid and run 1/4 tubing to a coke bottle with same 1/4 in hole,run tube to bottom of the bottle and fill half bottle with water,the gas off if the fermentation makes bubbles when it is done bubbling it ready for use.
it can take up to 2 months though depends on weather,now the OHN that gets expensive to make ,unless you have cheap vodka to spare hahahah that is a 6 week process alone,every week your refreshing the vodka.
i used all my stuff which i made from my garden veggies,lasted 2 years did very well as far as did it do better i cant really say the heat is a bitch on any plant life were i live,but cost wise you better believe it better.
im convinced on one thing comfrey and nettle can feed any plant and that alone is all you need,that stanky ass shit is some potent stuff and plants love it,i run with it in my outdoor veggie garden and my tent ,both did very well considering the cost of making it,pretty much the cost is for molasess all plants are free just pick the new growth in the dark .for the one fella that ask why use mollases,because the bacteria feed on it,if you dont believe it ferment with it and jar the feed up as the weather changes the activity is known real easythe lids ping and you have to go burp jars just like your weed

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Raw AF!!! Also with compost tea, letting it sit for long periods of time, full half full and bottoms and just airate for twelve hours before use. But heres what i think, that the idea of cannabis being fungal loving plants is far from the truth, i believe that a balanced biome is optimal and a lot of KNF has to do with anaerobic activity, and fermentation. For me the opposite end of what i was taught, and what a lot of western minds believe like Elaine Ingriam and some of the leading soil scientists in 'merica. So there is a lot of unexpained there, thats what is really intriuging to me. With my newly acquired knowledge of enzymes and and the actual roles that they play theres a lot more i want to know about the microbial activity in anaerobic stuff like that. Yeasts, enzymes, bacteria, all these things play i unseen role in our everyday life, from the reaction of enzymes to convert starches to sugars to create vodka, bread, and beer, but with in us as well knowing that fungus in our lungs and bacteria in our tummys. life. Wheres all the soil science nerds at?!?!?
Yeah, discounting all aerobic or all anaerobic life is crazy. Theirs ton's of goodies and baddies of both kinds.

Top Bottom