Kush is just a trend?????

• Thread starter winta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
winta

winta

i just saw a video of franco from ghsc where he said "we have these new kushes because we want to hop on the kush trend thats goin on right now"! So my question is "is kush just a trend?" or is it just bomb ass shit people just gettin up on! i know my opinion on the subject but i wanted to see what the farm thinks about the comments of ol boy! lol:bong-hits:

B

Beasters X Haze

good erb doesn't lie.. real kush is the fire!

H

hotrod68

From my understanding and i could be completly wrong but, originally kush was from a specific area in the middle east (hindu kush mountains) landrace perhaps? Now it seems that everyone is just throwing kush on the end of any indy dom. strains.
Just my .02

HR68

S

SkyHi

I love kushy tasting weed, do i care whta other ppl like? NO!...trend ? maybe Or is it that REAL KUSH is FIRE and the only trend is trying to pass other strains as kush?

Venom818

Venom818

Real kush is bomb smoke but it seems that they want to tag kush to every strain to get more money for it.

B

bdawgburner

I always hear people saying they scored some kush. People around here call anything decent kush anymore just to get a few extra bucks.

winta

winta

lol im glad yall feel the same way lol when i lived on the eastcoast it was "piff" "yo i got dat piff" now kush is the new "its good shit" tag! i think real kush is that shit regardless of the times!

sky high

sky high

Sounds like the Dutch are about to do to Kush what they did to "skunk" (cross it time and time again 'til there's no TRUE skunk smell or taste remaining)

Hmmm....i wonder what COLOR kush seeds are? (rolls eyes)

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Well no body know for sures if there's kush gen's in all the so called OG Kush strain of cali anyway.

But I noticed that in Europe there is less hype around strain than in cali untill this last year. When i go in town all i hear about its Amnesia Haze. Some of those AH don't look too real, but as long as u call it AH it will sold!

I think that GHS have good strains and that they don't need to go in the OG Kush, they could come original and leave the Kushes to Swerve and Raskal they doing it well IMVHO.

If i would get seeds from GHS it won't be their TW, Bubba or King Kush but surely Super Lemon Haze!! just my 2 cents...

bud good

bud good

ok lemme clear this up fer yea there's kush of hindu kush geneis and there's "koosh" for some reason in so. cal. the slang started out as a tag to describe high quality bud, shit is the "koosh" like "fire" or how "chronic" got tagged as a to describe some good bud but it was orginally a strain ie rappers start/fuel alot of these trends koosh is just used mainly to describe the supa supa supa bombbay never seen in yo life so good your foo barred and babbysitting afta a couple hits, didnt even finish your bow,l wasting my supadupa bud shit

...i hope that clears it up fer ya
oh yeah ie. o.g. koosh(O.G. Supa dupa koooooosh cali gene's) not being of any kush geneis

now to my supa dupa big spliff of SCHWAGGGGG!!!

bud good

bud good

anybody remember the orange and purple kush's goning around back in the day those were true kush's not koooooooooooosh but kush hahaha muthafuckah used to say it that way

Venom818

Venom818

never heard the term kooosh here in cali i was born and raised in venice and know in the sfv and ive never heard it called kooosh

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
bud good...I don't know from where u get that story but from what i've gather OG kush got their Kush name cause the Kush gen was identify in the plant.?.

Thats what i heard...

N

noone88

My take on it:

It's become a marketing word that has gone beyond California. So you're going to see a lot of misuse of the word "kush" or "og". If you go to any of the other big grow sites and search for the word "og kush" and sort by post date, you can see when the term started proliferating in the market.

You'll have the purists and breeders, especially in CA, which will never call anything kush or og unless it has the genetics to back it up.

But, for your average mcdonald's consumer, they won't know or won't even care the origins of "kush" or the genetics of the strain they're growing. Just check any of the MMJ trade magazines with dispensary menus. A lot of them "carry" strains that i've never even heard of.

As for growers, it only makes sense for us to grow something that is in high demand. Most kush-genetic strains grow reasonably well indoors with little-to-no training involved. But again, like what happened in the 70's/80's, you see more growers leaning toward indica-phenotypes, which result in faster growth cycles and shorter plants.

I'm sure a good haze-genetic could be a good seller in the market with it's strong sativa effects, however, when you have some sativa strains growing 5-6 feet tall from 1 foot tall when you flip to 12/12, along with 10+ week flowering types, economically and practically make it a hard venture to undertake.

My 2 coppers.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
if OG kush is just a trend....then that must make me a trendy ass mofo cuz i love that ishhhh! :) LOL........for real, first time i smoked OG i knew i must grow it! hahaha, now i got an army of kush and chem.....cuz im a trendy dude!:cool0010:

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

The bubba, so cal masters, and af-pak are all true kushes in my opinion. They grow exactly like a true indica kush would, such as i The og is something very different, and very, very special. Either way people will always have to deal with a ton of bullshit just to get the herb that they want, such as the purple craze.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
It's prolly a trend for good reason to some degree. Maybe it's just a new flavor with some potency to it. Nothing more nothing less. I can't wait to see if my Raskals OG turn out some females powerful enough to make the cut. I have learned not to expect too much and hope for the best.

As for GHSC I really need to thank Franco. He was really kind and his passion shows. It's so obvious he loves these plants. He was able to answer my questions at the same time he was working his ass off. Made me feel welcome and like he gave a crap too. He was about the only one to tell you the truth! Because of that I won't say anything bad about them. I have SLH going now and it's looking pretty good so far.

Winta. I hear about Orange Krush all the time from some guy. Is it real? How is sativa Kush different from Krush?

bud good

bud good

i dont know much about the commercial aspect of it i'm just talkin about the street slang term we used to call high grade buds "kind" or the "chronic," called it the chronic for a long ass time im just saying that its evovled from that to kush and the homies say it like with an extra "oosh" the term when im spelling it "koosh" is just to try to get that pernounced right so when your like i want a bag o koosh its just like saying i want the ultra high grade, with all good bud flowin its just a term used now im rammbling this ak47 kief in my spilf is hittin me im done... peace

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
OG Kush was smoked and concidering High Grade Marijuana long befor he got hyped! ?

So therefor it's not a trend in first place but it became over the years with all those new OG's...The medical health centers helped a lot in the hype of the strain. If weed was ilegal in cali there will be less hype around OG Kush and other Elite, but the strain will still be a killer MJ plant, don't?

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
i dont know much about the commercial aspect of it i'm just talkin about the street slang term we used to call high grade buds "kind" or the "chronic," called it the chronic for a long ass time im just saying that its evovled from that to kush and the homies say it like with an extra "oosh" the term when im spelling it "koosh" is just to try to get that pernounced right so when your like i want a bag o koosh its just like saying i want the ultra high grade, with all good bud flowin its just a term used now im rammbling this ak47 kief in my spilf is hittin me im done... peace

Im afraid this therm u use have nothing to do with OG Kush history dude.

Latest posts

Top Bottom