Kush, Sour D, and Heri crosses plus more

• Thread starter Funkstarfish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Hey all,

Starting back up after 4-5 years out of the game. Had some early issues with well water. Got an RO filter and things are looking way up now.

RO water is now 5ppm and pH around 6.5. well water was 175 plus ppm and around 7.7 pH. alkalinity was also very high causing lockouts.

things are going better now. you can see the old stressed and fried growth, compared to new growth that is coming in much nicer (and faster).

picture.php

All from seed as im just getting back up.
Left side is stoney bud x NLmix male
6 in the middle are Toxic Blue f-2s
3 on top are sfv OG x NL mix male
3 on right are plat og x hasberry.
seedlings not shown are
Sour D IBL
Sour D x Chem x Herijuana
Herijuana
Jupiter Space Kush

now that I have RO water, things are looking up and im feeling much better about the grow.

if you are in S. Oregon, say hi!

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

few other stats:
room is under the staircase, odd shape, but will have approx 4x4x6 to flower in. I have 2 600watt lights, not sure if I will run both. lights are e ballasts, big ass sunlight hoods, Ushio bulbs.
also have a t-5 setup for vegging.
temps running from 68-83. RH is around 50-65%.

What is most folks target RH?? round 40-50%??

Feed is what came with lights, gallon jugs of GH Floranova grow and bloom. Also with the lights came a gal jug of floranectar and a bag of kool bloom. I also have on hand Protekt silica and calmag from GH, plus sm 90 in case anything gets out of hand.
I have dry amendments too, to my coco mix i added a bit each of worm castings, bokashi fungal compost, kelp meal, and leonardite. these are top dressed, or mixed into coco. or i make teas out of them for foliar and soil drenches. I would eventually like to understand the teas enough to get away from bottle feeds altogether, but I have a gallon bottle, so lets run it and see how she does.

When do guys and gals pot up? when a bunch of roots come out the bottom? these plants will go next to 1gal containers. I think maybe 5 days or so til potting up.

This is a pheno hunt. Looking for keepers. Used to keep about 4 keeper moms at all times. SFV OG, UK Cheese exodus, Stoney Buds, and a trainwreck cross we called "Buddha Frost" were my last keepers.

Will be happy to do testers once I dial in.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

we are getting some pre sex signals here... I'm seeing some ladies, maybe 2 guys, and a lot of i have no idea yet. I'll get a few pics up here soon.

In the mean time, Can you kind folks direct me to some good pruning threads. I want to end up in 3 gal smart pots under my 600w light to finish. I want to try and get a nice even canopy with multiple strains here. as I begin, I don;t want to commit to a SOG type of setup with the screens in place as i will be moving ladies in and out often until i find decent phenos. I am intrigued by the plants that appear to be lollipopped for tops. I have read a couple threads where the 4 main branches are trained... any good links would be welcome. Ive been searching for 2 days and not getting the threads i want.

of course please leave pics and advice right here as well on your pruning methods. I love information!

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

As I said, some things are showing sex. Lady is certainly female. Boy flower looks different than a girl, pretty sure its a "he". some clear, most not so clear yet. maybe 2-3 days and ill know whats what...

Lady flower
Boy flower
Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Just a fast update. these gals got a nice feed of pH 5.6, 1EC, with SM-90 and they loved it! This crew is moving along so much faster than the first run with well water. RO makes a world of difference.

Jupiter Space Kush is one crazy ass fast grower. herijuana is also very vigorous so far. The others are doing fine, just not as noticeably fast.

I ended up with 2 gals of each: Toxic Blue, Platinum OG x Hashberry, Stoney Bud x NL mix, and OG x NL mix. Ill get pics of them this afternoon. they had just received a foliar and looked lame so i skipped pics of them.

Family 11 14
soserthc1

soserthc1

The male flower has really nice frost on him and a purple stem tint (could be a temp issue) but appears as thou he could be a keeper would keep a eye on him .....

best of luck SoSerThc1

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

hey,

Not in a position to keep males at the moment, but will consider it. Could be a temp issue as its getting a bit cold at night. but you see the other stem, its green, so i think this stem is just particularly purple.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

speaking of temps, how are you guys keeping your rooms or tents warm at night (lights out)???

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
speaking of temps, how are you guys keeping your rooms or tents warm at night (lights out)???
What's up bro just noticed this thread. Glad your posting here too. I'm definitely subbed for the show. I keep my girls warm at night by keeping my lights on all night during flowering and off during the day. Seems to be working nicely so far. I even took the glass off of my hoods. Can't wait to see what you do with these genetics. Best of luck on the pheno hunt my friend.

soserthc1

soserthc1

What's up bro just noticed this thread. Glad your posting here too. I'm definitely subbed for the show. I keep my girls warm at night by keeping my lights on all night during flowering and off during the day. Seems to be working nicely so far. I even took the glass off of my hoods. Can't wait to see what you do with these genetics. Best of luck on the pheno hunt my friend.
Yep me to running 12am/12pm - temps outside at night are 35 ish room is 70-72 night and day time outside temps have still been hitting 50's and hottest room has been is 82 but that is a sealed room currently lights of and 55 out but 72 room - don't really see cold being an issue as it will finally get me some nice fades - now summer will be a whole new ball game and curious as i'm about to add another light soon - might need to vent some fresh air

Also if no room for males and you are planning on adding room in the future just clone him until you do .... but stud males are alot harder to find than a nice female phenol

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

I was gonna do that for flower, but may have to do that for veg as well it seems. I think maybe night temps in the room are getting to mid 60s. Getting up to about 83 at the hottest. I may have the fan turn off with the lights...

soserthc1

soserthc1

I was gonna do that for flower, but may have to do that for veg as well it seems. I think maybe night temps in the room are getting to mid 60s. Getting up to about 83 at the hottest. I may have the fan turn off with the lights...
Don't wanna do that as plants need there natural habitat (imitate outdoors as much as possible) buy a adjustable portable heater for lower temps , just make sure it shuts off at a predicted temperature - you can get these cheap via ebay or hdepot and run your veg lights 24hrs and don't worry about the 24 hr produces more males as personally i have found that not to be true

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

I don't like 24hr lights on. i prefer 20/4 or 18/6. Plants grow in the dark, and roots grow in the dark. all living organisms need resting periods. You don't just leave your cell phone on the charger all day do you? it kills the battery to charge it 24 hrs a day right?

anyway, thanks for the input, its appreciated. I'll keep the fans running, i changed my light schedule so its off in the day and on all night now. happier plants and better temps have been the result after 2 days.
proof is in the pudding they say.
picture.php

also got a sample of a new product for me called Sea Green by Primordial Solutions. Its supposed to help chelate nutrients, feed beneficials, etc etc. i added a bit to my last feed and this is the best the plants have looked. coincidence? maybe. maybe they are just happier with the temps. but I'll keep using it until the sample is gone and see whats what.

Stoney Buds x NL 11 17
POGH 11 17
Toxic Blues 11 17
The OGs 11 17
Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Just trucking along... bit of leaf curl, so fed a lower ec feed today. working on getting ave temps up some too.
picture.php

everything in 1 gallon now. lots of the older plants have been topped. lada dee ladad daaaaaaa

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Just trucking along... bit of leaf curl, so fed a lower ec feed today. working on getting ave temps up some too.
picture.php

everything in 1 gallon now. lots of the older plants have been topped. lada dee ladad daaaaaaa
I can't see the pics broki...

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

trucking along pretty good.
Weed family 11 26

2 issues though:
1. Two of the older generation have curled ass leave starting to crinkle. Whats causign this more specifically than bad gerdening??
2. I can not seem to get this calmag issue under control, especially on the Sour Ds. They keep looking cal or mag def or both. Not sur eif its a lockout issue? pH pen was a bit off but is calibrated now. that may have been part of it.

adding 2ml/gal calmag from General Organics every watering. oh well, nothing major, just not perfect.
Bigger plants 11 26
Bigger plants 11 26

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Things moving along nicely now. Second batch of seeds are moving ultra fast. First seed run just about ready for flower.
Veg room 12 4

I found some more verified ladies, and some of them happen to be my favorite plants in the room. how exciting. 2 Herijuana, a jupiter Space Kush, and 2 Chemdog Sour D x Heri
Keeper ladies 12 4

Then some more

Had a fungus gnat issue get sorse while i was gone over the holiday so i went in with some Neem and SM-90 soil drench and Foliar style. after this dried out some, I top dressed with Diatomacious earth to stop the flyers form getting back down. I also added lots more sticky traps. Lets hope these guys die a terrible death.

otherwise things cruising. Some lockout while i was gone on the oldest plants, but new growth seems fine now. Still wondering if im over feeding or underfeeding Cal Mag. Most plants seem fine with their levels, but a few are showing deficiency signs.

The flower show starts this week or next, so stay tuned in. Its going perpetual, things will be in and out of there quick as i search for keepers.

Heri 12 4
Sour D IBL 12 4
Jupiter Space Kush 12 4
Chemdawg Sour D x Heri 12 4
Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

All 4 Herijuana are Female
2 of 4 Chemdog Sour D x Herijuana are female
0 of 4 Sour D IBL are Female
0 of 2 Jupiter Space Kush are Female but I'm not quite sure they are male just yet, only leaning that way.

Flower room is being built right now, and will be ready tomorrow for some plants.

Top Bottom