Kush, Sour D, and Heri crosses plus more

• Thread starter Funkstarfish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Room was finished last night and plants will be 12/12 starting tomorrow. Overall it should be a better room now but I'm actually having trouble keeping it above 68-69. Its very cold here right now, thats part of it, but unvented the room ran about 82, now vented it runs 68 with a heater on, haha. I throttled the fan back some today to see if that helps sort things out, as i could feel the air blowing in the passive intake. now its just a light breeze instead of a wind tunnel coming in, that should help warm things some. plants are a bit pissed and curly leaved at me for keeping them too cold for a bit there, but hopefully as temps come up and level out, they will be happy again.

the new veg room works alright, and the next round of plants is coming along so much nicer than the first. I made a mistake on identifying males and females. One Sour D is a female (the big triploid), and one Jupiter Space Kush is certainly a girl. So that is good news.

Trying cloning in both coco and rock wool pHed in a 5.6 solution. so far the rockwool seems to make more sense. it takes less space. you can preload it easily with nutes. it holds a nice mix of air and water. but my favorite thing is when the stem gets put in, that rockwool must make tiny abraisions in the tissue as you push it in. that has to encourage root growth. in tests i did in horticulture school, rooting was improved in all our experiments with light scarification of the dipped rooting area. we will see.

Ill get pics of the room tonight when the lights come back on, i forgot to snap shots while lights were on last night.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Look forward to seeing em rock out! Too cold huh. Man I wish I had that problem lol. I usually deal with the opposite problem. Gotta love the south!

Oh and love the new avatar!:)

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Room 12 13 13

Heres the room... Gonna add that second light maybe tonight or tomorrow morning. Ill at least instal it though i may not need it right away.

Gals are mixed in health. They got too cold too often, The platinum og x hashberry and OG x NL are doing the best. Toxic blue doesn't seem to be as happy.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Flower room on Day 5 today, nothing worth reporting there except that Platinum OG x Hashberry number 1 is one serious monster. she is twice the size of anything else in the cab. i guess she has a high tolerance to cold and crappy source water because she hardly stopped growing when the other plants were acting unhappy. the 2 OG x NL mix phenos are also doing quite well, but they have stayed very short and stocky. Stoney Bud x NL mix number 1 is also looking great in flower, and is somewhere between the POGH and the OGNLs in growth form and vigor.

But this post is to highlight the second run of seeds i did. they are so much more healthy than the first batch.
Veggies 12 17

New room for the veg plants after building the flower room out. Its too small, but ill make it work.

Herijuana Phenos
Heri group 12 17

Jupiter Space Kushes both female after all!!!
Jupiter Space kush 12 17

Sour D IBL Triploid stylez
Sour D IBL 12 17

Chemdog Sour D x Herijuana (my favorites in veg so far)
Chemdawg SourD Heri 12 17

Some minor deficiencies in 2 of the Heris and the Sour D. I hit em with Epsom Salt foliar Sunday and it seems to have stopped symptoms. new growth looks good. Sour D is finicky. herijuana was cruising then all of the sudden got the spots on 2 of the 4 phenos. My solution was watering with very low EC (0.4 or less) last 2 times. Not a true flush, just more of a restart. Today the new growth is loving it, reaching for the lights. I have not fed these plants over 1.0 EC yet, but they are showing a bit of over nute signs, especially over N. I think the petioles are dark from the week of freezing cold weather. do they lighten up again?

What else?

Not sure. I guess clones. im waiting for a bunch in rockwool to root, because i have a bunch more to take next. its been 5 or 6 days now, so any time... I also need to get clones from a couple of the flower plants as my last batch of clones had a poor rooting rate. rockwool seems way easier than coco for cloning. odd, because last time i grew, i feel like cloning in coco was a 5-7 day turnaround when i was growing full on a few years back. maybe it will come back in time, those cloning skills.

neverbreak

neverbreak

girls look good bro.

ya got the same pic up twice tho, so dunno if i'm lookin at jupiter space kushes or Chemdog sour d x herijuana.

neverbreak

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

girls look good bro.

ya got the same pic up twice tho, so dunno if i'm lookin at jupiter space kushes or Chemdog sour d x herijuana.

neverbreak

haha, look again, though they look similar, they are different. jupiter space kush has the 11 blade leaves. Chemdog sour d x heri has 7 blades. thanks for stopping by though

neverbreak

neverbreak

haha, look again, though they look similar, they are different. jupiter space kush has the 11 blade leaves. Chemdog sour d x heri has 7 blades. thanks for stopping by though

fuck, yer right!! i even checked like 3 times! :oops: lol my bad. well they both look killer bro. really nicely grown plants.

neverbreak

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Great job w them babies @Funkstarfish trip pin out on 11 bladed space kush. I need to check out some cherry pie vegg pics....

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

thanks for popping in, the show is rolling now... ill try to keep it rolling for awhile.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

If anyone is having trouble cloning, I've got a pretty simple method that seems to be working.

I soak my rockwool in solution at 5.5 pH with light to no nutes.
I cut clones and immediately put em in a cup of water. I like about a 4 inch branch, not too woody if possible.
I fill shot glass with clone liquid.
I prepare a small amount of Rapid Start solution.
I prepare rockwool cubes on a tray and water with rapid start solution
I make final cuts on clones and dip in liquid for 30 seconds, swishing some.
I stick cutting into rockwool and thats it, its ready for the dome.

I leave the dome vents open, i got a fungus or mold at first when i kept em closed. I don't put much if any water in the bottom of the dome. the soaking rockwool cubes release some water that will sit in the tray. then i mist the dome sometimes, every other day or so. I also like to let my clones breathe for a part of the day, just removing the dome for a bit maybe before i spray.

Results in 7-10 days, very little to no wilt.
Clones in this tray vary from 8 days on the left side to 1 day on the right. none of em are wilting. Older ones have begun leaching N from the lower leaves. I know they are a day or 2 away at this point if not already ready.
Clones 12 20

Clones rooted, no wilt, bit of discoloration from nute transport.
Results clones

Roots in 8 days on this one. so far 6 is the earliest, but 7-10 is normal. sometimes there are more roots than this, but this is also normal.
Roots in 8 days

Fun times, now i can flower more stuff... see whats what.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Just added Caps Bennies to the lineup today, excited to see the results! I have some Tea brewing that I started last night for a soak tonight or tomorrow. Recipe 1 c EWC, 1/4 c bokashi, heavy tablespoon molasses, PLUS Nute, root, and foliar pack @ 2 tablespoons each per 3-4 gallons TEA in a 5 gal bucket added at noon today.

Flowering plants at about day 17 now. Ill take pics around day 20.

veg plants are so so. seedlings, some of the Heris, the Chemdog Sour D x Heri, and Jupiter Space kush seem happy and are having fun. the Sour D, and Heri #3 are not so happy. some mix of low temps, and some calmag lockouts. who the fuck knows anymore. Trying to find a nice source of Calcium only, not GO calmag. Just gonna focus on keeping it simple.

Recap:
RO water
My base nute is GH Floranova Bloom.
GO calmag
Protekt silica
Sea Green
Tea ACTs w EWC, Bokashi, Kelp, Humic acids
Just added all 3 Caps bennies

usual watering regimen
2mL /g Protekt
2mL /g calmag
2mL /g Sea green
Base nute to desired ec, usually .6 to .8 in veg (so approx 3 mL /g)
pH adjust (normally around 5.5 so usually up a touch)
In this order
I know I should pH adjust first, but its never the same for me??? I have tried adjusting up first, but its never consistent.
I'm thinking about dropping the calmag and upping the base to about 5-6mL per gallon?? plus a calcium product.

this has not been an easy grow so far. really gotta work out this nute regimen and get on cruise control. my past grows were never so touchy. i think temps are the main factor, but who knows.

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Flower girls on day 20 of 12/12. Toxic Blue looked like shit going in and has come right around. Platinum OG x Hashberry is twice the size of the others, with the same veg time??? It is already losing some N, oops. Stupid feed dial in battle. but we are there now for the most part. Hoping for smoother sailing from here on.
OGNL1 12 31 OGNL2 dec 31st SBNL 1 12 31 SBNL2 12 31 Toxic Blue 12 31 POG x Hashberry 12 31

smells are quite a range. Toxic blue has a classic berry funk. POGH is a very traditional smell. The OGs have that OG dankness but with a fruity note different than lemon, so thats exciting. And the 2 stoney Bud hybrids, especially SB x NL 1 have a stink unmatched so far, its straight funky rotten plums and dank. So excited. Are these gals still stretching? I think cool night temps have limited stretch some... POGH and Toxic Blue seem to be the only ones putting on the proper stretch. OG x NL 1 is by far the most stout and bushy plant of the grow.

Yippeee

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Not sure if it was the bennies they loved or just good timing, but i just checked on the ladies after they got to bask in the "sun" for a day after the Tea and wow, they have really pushed some resin!!! Gonna hit em with a good feed tomorrow. Happy New Year!

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

Day 28 of the 12/12 flip. or 4 weeks as some like to say. Gals have really started to push resin. yummy

POGH 1 8 14
this platinum OG x Hashberry is already fading, oops. guess i didn;t hit her hard enough with N< so next time ill top dress with ewc again at week 2 flowers and overall plan to feed this pheno harder.

OG x NL 1 1 8 14 OG x NL 2 day 28
The 2 SFV x Northern Lights #5 mix phenos are looking great. Number 1 is short and squat (wish it stretched a bit more), smells divine, and probably my most trich covered plant right now. Pheno 2 has a really nice structure, and may yield some once dialed in...

SB x NL 2 day 28 SB x NL 1 day 28
Stoney Bud X NL mix. pheno 1 is a nice pheno, a bit too squat, and a bit too leafy, but packing on resin and may yield some. Pheno 2 is too leafy and did not have enough bud sites. i will not keep this pheno.

Toxic Blue day 28
Toxic Blue started out with all kinds of issues. it just never liked me in veg. but i tossed her in flower anyway, and she is rewarding me for sticking with it. Shes now greening up, packing on weight, and overall turning into an interesting plant. this will be my longest flowering in the group, maybe 10-11 weeks... but i think the payoff may be worth it. shes right up there with OG pheno 1 in the resin department. trich structure and distribution is different though, so this plant may eventually be the frostiest.

Well, rolling along, hal way to my first harvest in 5 years!!! fuckin stoked.

Top Bottom