Kuwl - Rollin' Along

• Thread starter kuwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kuwl

kuwl

That's why stopping for a break takes so long to get the cycle going again.....never never never stop growing bad juju ...lol...I was having trouble with plants and starting seeds...the water I was using had been in a 10 gallon jug I kept my water in. One day the light was shinning just right and I noticed a dark bottom of what should have been clear. I dumped the jug and stuck a stick with a cloth on it to see what was there. Slug...black sticky slug...Its a build up of crap in our water unfiltered and over the years this shit built up and when my water sat in it for days on end it must have picked up what ever was in there and gave me toxic water. I tossed the jug and all those problems went away.

I 've now been using 1 gallon clear jugs and today I wanted a bowl so I cut the bottom off one of my jugs and there on the bottom is more black crap....I have to recycle my water jugs quicker. We have a water soft system that filters the water through a carbon filter and flushes that filter 3 times a week. We obviously need a better filter....Christmas lol...good talk....I gotta go to Amazon for a water filter...lol
Yep always one thing or another and yep I should not have taken a break but after the last catastrophe I guess I needed a reset.

lol I just got off Amazon looking at occilating fans for the tent and ordered a tool to compress all the keif in my grinder that i brought from amazon

Yep now behind by a month this is killin me lol

kuwl

kuwl

I checked the seedlings and f it Im puttin them in dirt.
The 2 cross seeds got put in the new dirt also but one was
not well, root looked shriveled up so put another Blue Dream seed
in the dirt but the other one, Gold Leaf, is doing real well ☺️
I put those 2 seeds in rooter plugs I had from a year ago prob not the best idea lol

I got to drag another heater into the tent and heat that baby up to 120°
for about 4 hrs to kill any spores that might not have died the first time.
Spraying Lysol all in there too. That will make 3 times I disinfected and cleaned it.

Hope to get her going in the next 2 weeks.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I checked the seedlings and f it Im puttin them in dirt.
The 2 cross seeds got put in the new dirt also but one was
not well, root looked shriveled up so put another Blue Dream seed
in the dirt but the other one, Gold Leaf, is doing real well ☺️
I put those 2 seeds in rooter plugs I had from a year ago prob not the best idea lol

I got to drag another heater into the tent and heat that baby up to 120°
for about 4 hrs to kill any spores that might not have died the first time.
Spraying Lysol all in there too. That will make 3 times I disinfected and cleaned it.

Hope to get her going in the next 2 weeks.
120 F isn't going to kill anything but your electric bill. It takes 155F or more sustained to kill seeds. Fungal spores can tolerate 120F and be happy and ready to go to work.

• 'Temperature – Mold survive at about the same temperature as human beings, which is why they grow easily inside households. Most types require a minimum of 70° Fahrenheit (20° Celsius) and a maximum of 120° Fahrenheit (48° Celsius). So anywhere warm is at risk of mold growth because warm air absorbs moisture much better than cold air."

kuwl

kuwl

120 F isn't going to kill anything but your electric bill. It takes 155F or more sustained to kill seeds. Fungal spores can tolerate 120F and be happy and ready to go to work.

• 'Temperature – Mold survive at about the same temperature as human beings, which is why they grow easily inside households. Most types require a minimum of 70° Fahrenheit (20° Celsius) and a maximum of 120° Fahrenheit (48° Celsius). So anywhere warm is at risk of mold growth because warm air absorbs moisture much better than cold air."
Read it somewhere that it kills at 120 but also wiped down with clorox and sprayed with lysol not sure what else I can do
Had a pollenation problem one plant of 9 was a male so nuking the whole tent just to be sure.
Spraying the whole thing with H2O2 that should do it

Last edited:
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Read it somewhere that it kills at 120 but also wiped down with clorox and sprayed with lysol not sure what else I can do
Had a pollenation problem one plant of 9 was a male so nuking the whole tent just to be sure.
Spraying the whole thing with H2O2 that should do it
Water DOESN'T neutralize pollen but H2O2 should oxidize it if sprayed on straight and allowed to dry.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

hydrogen peroxide (H2O2),sprayed on will kill everything
Actually it will not. It's an oxidizer and not a disinfectant. Bleach however will kill anything including Hepatitis B and HIV. Regular cleaning with 1:100 should suffice. Nothing survives 1:10.

kuwl

kuwl

Actually it will not. It's an oxidizer and not a disinfectant. Bleach however will kill anything including Hepatitis B and HIV. Regular cleaning with 1:100 should suffice. Nothing survives 1:10.
For pollen it will work but I already bleached and lysoled it just wanted to make sure I got it all, If it is in the tent, fans, etc.

Madbud

Madbud

Is there a reason for not using hepa aircleaners instead of fans?

kuwl

kuwl

Is there a reason for not using hepa aircleaners instead of fans?
Awhile ago I was concerned about dust and hair so I had these air cleaners and though I would put one in the tent.
I ditched the idea cause it took up space and used more electric than a fan.
If my big tent was up I would prob use one again if it didn't blow a fuse.
I think it's more conveinent to use a couple of small clip on's and you can direct the air flow better.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

For pollen it will work but I already bleached and lysoled it just wanted to make sure I got it all, If it is in the tent, fans, etc.
Sounds like me. Had PM bad last crop. First time ever that bad. Everyone here did. It was all over everything outside and open windows brought it in. What a drag. Had to fight it all the way to the end. After chop I emptied everything, scrubbed like it was a hospital and then sprayed bleach water on everything and allowed it to air dry. Sprayed fan blades. Intake ducting inside and outside. Everything possible.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Sounds like me. Had PM bad last crop. First time ever that bad. Everyone here did. It was all over everything outside and open windows brought it in. What a drag. Had to fight it all the way to the end. After chop I emptied everything, scrubbed like it was a hospital and then sprayed bleach water on everything and allowed it to air dry. Sprayed fan blades. Intake ducting inside and outside. Everything possible.
We always struggle with that here in the PNW, especially this time of year. For me, the dehumidify unit is a big help, keeping RH<60%. I'm really against disinfectants and cleansers these days. I mean, I clean stuff up, don't get me wrong, but I'm not doing it to mitigate pathogens. But they just simply grow back.

I fight pathogens with bacteria. ie. Plant fauna symbiotes. Especially the last one, and anything I can extract from my yogurt cultures. I spray that shit like gangbusters; and it works. It improves terpene/oil production to boot, IMO. While I'll say it's always an ongoing issue, I've largely erased my issues in this department.
  • Bifidobacterium animalis (sometimes also known as Bifidus regularis)
  • Bifidobacterium bifidum
  • Bifidobacterium lactis
  • Bifidobacterium longum
  • Enterococcus faecium
  • Lactobacillus acidophilus
  • Lactobacillus casei
  • Lactobacillus delbrueckii
  • Lactobacillus johnsonii
  • Lactobacillus gasseri
  • Lactobacillus plantarum
  • Lactobacillus rhamnosus
  • Saccharomyces boulardii
  • streptomyces nigrescens

I also use some floor unit fans. 13 watts respectively. that sit on the bottom and blow air around the bottom of the canopy.
S l500 12

Last edited:
kuwl

kuwl

All done with tent it should be ok
but still waiting for seeds to pop
I have one cross bread seed that was a Gold Leaf
and it is growing good 4 days old.
Soil Temp is 72 and PH is 7, lil high but should be all right.
T5's 21" over the dirt.
Mother Earth Mixed Coco Coir Plus Perlite Potting Soil.
Soil is most but not wet.
I'm getting anxious as hell lol 😎

IMG 3190
OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

All done with tent it should be ok
but still waiting for seeds to pop
I have one cross bread seed that was a Gold Leaf
and it is growing good 4 days old.
Soil Temp is 72 and PH is 7, lil high but should be all right.
T5's 21" over the dirt.
Mother Earth Mixed Coco Coir Plus Perlite Potting Soil.
Soil is most but not wet.
I'm getting anxious as hell lol 😎

good lookin'start keep everyone ,up to date ,i love watching them grow!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
good lookin'start keep everyone ,up to date ,i love watching them grow!
Merry Christmas old guy. Lets hope there is a break from the lunacy next year....May your plants and family be healthy through out the year ahead.😃😃

kuwl

kuwl

Two more seeds popped
Cherry Pie and Blue Dream
The BD is one of the cross seeds that will go into a 1 gal pot
Still waiting for the 2 DP to pop, dammmm!

Grey mohawk home christmas doormats 079824 64 600
kuwl

kuwl

Chugging Along
No Gorilla Glue or Durban Poison yet.
Not sure what the heck is going on.
Tap roots were showing when I planted them all.
Its been 5 days now for this batch.
T-5's are 2' with 4 bulbs (All 4 lights on but can turn off 2 if necessary) and I lowered them to 10" above seeds
and it's about 3" above the 6 day old Gold Leaf that was stretching too much and is 3" tall,
I'll be keeping a close eye on this one incase the light is too close.
It almost fell over when I had the light bout 18" from it.
I lowered it and GL got right back up again standing on it's own.
Turned a small fan on to circulate some air in there.

Pic's
Gold Leaf @ 6 days
IMG 3194

Blue Dream @ 3 days
IMG 3195

Cherry Pie @ 2 days
IMG 3197

Still waiting for the rest of the gang
IMG 3198

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Chugging Along
No Gorilla Glue or Durban Poison yet.
Not sure what the heck is going on.
Tap roots were showing when I planted them all.
Its been 5 days now for this batch.
T-5's are 2' with 4 bulbs (All 4 lights on but can turn off 2 if necessary) and I lowered them to 10" above seeds
and it's about 3" above the 6 day old Gold Leaf that was stretching too much and is 3" tall,
I'll be keeping a close eye on this one incase the light is too close.
It almost fell over when I had the light bout 18" from it.
I lowered it and GL got right back up again standing on it's own.
Turned a small fan on to circulate some air in there.

Pic's
Gold Leaf @ 6 days
View attachment 1200158

Blue Dream @ 3 days
View attachment 1200159

Cherry Pie @ 2 days
View attachment 1200160

Still waiting for the rest of the gang
View attachment 1200161
Ya I like the t5's because I can keep the light right on top of them without burning the leaves. If they touch they burn but as long as they're not in contact I haven't burnt any leaves. I started my seedlings this time in tiny solo cups and stunted them because I didn't transplant them out quick enough. They were growing daily for a week or more then 2-3-4 -5 days later no growth ??? fk transplanted and they were root wrapped in the tiny cups. Once I got them into larger pots they started to increase in size again....you'd think I'd learn not to be lazy but this shit happens all the time to me.....might have something to do with my smoking.......Na....lol

kuwl

kuwl

Ya I like the t5's because I can keep the light right on top of them without burning the leaves. If they touch they burn but as long as they're not in contact I haven't burnt any leaves. I started my seedlings this time in tiny solo cups and stunted them because I didn't transplant them out quick enough. They were growing daily for a week or more then 2-3-4 -5 days later no growth ??? fk transplanted and they were root wrapped in the tiny cups. Once I got them into larger pots they started to increase in size again....you'd think I'd learn not to be lazy but this shit happens all the time to me.....might have something to do with my smoking.......Na....lol
Ya I gotta transplant the one GL soon then will have to open tent and use TS1000 on 25 or 50% and still waiting for any more to show themselves just such a pain

Top Bottom