Kuwl - Rollin' Along

• Thread starter kuwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yep you right, the plug is wrong, sending it back and ordering a #12 darn! Didn't see it in the pic only next day when I was going to use it.
From what I see in the pic ..you have a 14/2 coming out of the panel..indicating 1 ....15 amp circuit... with the freezer already on it you don't have much amperage left to run more than a couple of fans and small light....You have 2 spaces for new circuits at the top of your panel...you could drop a couple 15 amp down to give you what you need without over loading....If your panel is close to your grow

kuwl

kuwl

From what I see in the pic ..you have a 14/2 coming out of the panel..indicating 1 ....15 amp circuit... with the freezer already on it you don't have much amperage left to run more than a couple of fans and small light....You have 2 spaces for new circuits at the top of your panel...you could drop a couple 15 amp down to give you what you need without over loading....If your panel is close to your grow
Yes it's about 10' from grow tent
The circuit it's on is 2nd from bottom on right side and I had a guy put in a 20a in that spot also he droped in a few more because they tripped alot.
That was about 10 yrs ago when they said it would cost me 3k to replace the panel but said I could "grandfather it in" fkn rip off's.
"you could drop a couple 15 amp down" Not sure what you mean.
I could probably get a guy to do it if I could explain what I want done if I can't do it myself.

I have the oil heater, 6" fan, TS1000 (140w), 6" Intake fan and a 4" exhaust fan along with the freezer on that.
Last year I was running the FC4800 (480w) along with 2 6" exhaust/intake fans and a 8" occilating fan an 6" small fan + freezer on it.

IMG 3296
IMG 3297
kuwl

kuwl

Yes it's about 10' from grow tent
The circuit it's on is 2nd from bottom on right side and I had a guy put in a 20a in that spot also he droped in a few more because they tripped alot.
That was about 10 yrs ago when they said it would cost me 3k to replace the panel but said I could "grandfather it in" fkn rip off's.
"you could drop a couple 15 amp down" Not sure what you mean.
I could probably get a guy to do it if I could explain what I want done if I can't do it myself.

I have the oil heater, 6" fan, TS1000 (140w), 6" Intake fan and a 4" exhaust fan along with the freezer on that.
Last year I was running the FC4800 (480w) along with 2 6" exhaust/intake fans and a 8" occilating fan an 6" small fan + freezer on it.
Ah after i took the pic's I see the 2 blanks you were refering to, top right.
Google time lol
ok not gonna do it myself but thanks @PipeCarver for the great idea!
Nnow have to find someone to install my new outlets.

IMG 3298
IMG 3299
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ah after i took the pic's I see the 2 blanks you were refering to, top right.
Google time lol
There are 2 slots left at the top of the panel next to the 30amp dryer breaker where you could add 2 more single pole 15amp breakers or a 2 pole with twin 15amps. If you can find the breakers for that panel its a 1 1/2 hr job....you need 15' 14/2 wire---2 ..4x4 junction boxes with 1/2" knock outs...4 connectors..A mounting board attached to the wall to attach the boxes.....2 mud plates for dual receptacles in each box...4 receptacles ...2 cover plates a few screws maybe a staple or 4...excuse the art

Elect
kuwl

kuwl

There are 2 slots left at the top of the panel next to the 30amp dryer breaker where you could add 2 more single pole 15amp breakers or a 2 pole with twin 15amps. If you can find the breakers for that panel its a 1 1/2 hr job....you need 15' 14/2 wire---2 ..4x4 junction boxes with 1/2" knock outs...4 connectors..A mounting board attached to the wall to attach the boxes.....2 mud plates for dual receptacles in each box...4 receptacles ...2 cover plates a few screws maybe a staple or 4...excuse the art
In the interm until I can do this I might have a solution cause when you said "30amp dryer breaker"
I thought of that outlet and yes it has two recepticals, one for the dryer and the outher is free to use .
I pluged the extension I have for the light, steamer and fan in. So I hope that holds up when the dryer is running.
I will test when when I get a minute. Thanks.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
In the interm until I can do this I might have a solution cause when you said "30amp dryer breaker"
I thought of that outlet and yes it has two recepticals, one for the dryer and the outher is free to use .
I pluged the extension I have for the light, steamer and fan in. So I hope that holds up when the dryer is running.
I will test when when I get a minute. Thanks.
Ya the dryer has a 30 amp and the only time it gets close to drawing the full load is when you turn it on..with heat on full. There is lots of room left. The only issue is evrything you tap off that isn't fused at 15 amps so if you overload it nothing will trip until the wires get so hot they burst into flames so don't think because the breaker doesn't blow that your wiring is good.....IF .....you over load the wires capacity to handle the heat..

When the power on our dock was overloaded in the winter with house boaters using heaters they weren't supposed to be using...it only had a 100amp service so my dad would use a #14 solid wire as a fuse to replace burned out 100amp fuses, at about 130 amps the wire would burn through...no more connection.....lol....

kuwl

kuwl

Ya the dryer has a 30 amp and the only time it gets close to drawing the full load is when you turn it on..with heat on full. There is lots of room left. The only issue is evrything you tap off that isn't fused at 15 amps so if you overload it nothing will trip until the wires get so hot they burst into flames so don't think because the breaker doesn't blow that your wiring is good.....IF .....you over load the wires capacity to handle the heat..

When the power on our dock was overloaded in the winter with house boaters using heaters they weren't supposed to be using...it only had a 100amp service so my dad would use a #14 solid wire as a fuse to replace burned out 100amp fuses, at about 130 amps the wire would burn through...no more connection.....lol....

The yellow 12 ga extention
IMG 3300

I tested with dryer running for 10-15 min, it's all good and the plug is actually cold.
The orange cord is lil bit warm and is pluged in the outlet with the freezer now, eliminating the small white extention.

Dam dimmer went screwy on the ts1000 it works but will not stop when I turn it keeps going around
the light goes off at one point of the turn, them turning more it goes back on lol.
I have the early one without the easy turn knob,
I have to use a small screw driver to stick in the hole and blindly try to find the screw head with a flat head screw driver at that.

kuwl

kuwl

Kinda smooth running,
The 2 in the celler are doing well dispite my attempts to screw them up.
Focusing on the little things so they don't turn into big ones.
Much more on amounts of nutrients and when to feed.
They are getting a lower dose of nuits this time backing down to 500 PPM.
I think I gave them to much at 650 last time, my bad, as my grandson always says, lol.
Even when he does nothing wrong.
I thought it was the light maybe to low or to high lux wise.
I lowered it today a bit to give them a rest.
The leaves looked like they were bubbling with a lil curling action going on also a lil nuit burn.

The seedlings are doing good just not growing as fast as I want them to, lol.
Watering them tomorrow, still not sure I should feed them yet. Maybe wait another week.

I did some cutting on lower end of GL n BD in the basement.
I thought I would see if theses are clonable so diped them in Clone X
yesterday, they are still alive and kickin'.
Trying something different cause I will be doing this soon, maybe this spring.

@PipeCarver dang I get so mixed up once I get my mule head on it.
Kept thinking about the outlet I used and it ain't the dryer plug but the washer plug.
Dryer has a bigger plug n dif outlet altogether.
This one is prob a 15amp or is I am lucky a 20amp but it works beautifully for my grow tent stuff,
I am relieved I got this straightened out so I can sleep peacefully, The other plug had to much on it.
So Thanks Again, @PipeCarver sometimes just hashing things out with someone gets the gears turning with a good result.

Pic's

ADFO5987
IMG 3303
IMG 3304
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Kinda smooth running,
The 2 in the celler are doing well dispite my attempts to screw them up.
Focusing on the little things so they don't turn into big ones.
Much more on amounts of nutrients and when to feed.
They are getting a lower dose of nuits this time backing down to 500 PPM.
I think I gave them to much at 650 last time, my bad, as my grandson always says, lol.
Even when he does nothing wrong.
I thought it was the light maybe to low or to high lux wise.
I lowered it today a bit to give them a rest.
The leaves looked like they were bubbling with a lil curling action going on also a lil nuit burn.

The seedlings are doing good just not growing as fast as I want them to, lol.
Watering them tomorrow, still not sure I should feed them yet. Maybe wait another week.

I did some cutting on lower end of GL n BD in the basement.
I thought I would see if theses are clonable so diped them in Clone X
yesterday, they are still alive and kickin'.
Trying something different cause I will be doing this soon, maybe this spring.

@PipeCarver dang I get so mixed up once I get my mule head on it.
Kept thinking about the outlet I used and it ain't the dryer plug but the washer plug.
Dryer has a bigger plug n dif outlet altogether.
This one is prob a 15amp or is I am lucky a 20amp but it works beautifully for my grow tent stuff,
I am relieved I got this straightened out so I can sleep peacefully, The other plug had to much on it.
So Thanks Again, @PipeCarver sometimes just hashing things out with someone gets the gears turning with a good result.

Pic's
I'm glad you gotter figured, your right about talking it out it gets you to focus on the issue and and helps get the grey matter loosened up....it gets a bit ridged as we age lol.....

It looks like we're on stride with seedlings as well. It seems to take for ever to get started...but once they go...it'll be a running out of room issue soon...... I can see it but until it happens I don't do anything about it gets out of control. I'm building a Bubble cloner...I thought I had a pump but one I got the air stones I saw how feeble that pump was...Amazon..another $60...This is going to be as expensive as buying one...Along with hose a splitter & duct tape I'm in $100 already....I saw a how to make a bubble cloner for $30 vid....but I guess with Usa dollars + 15% tax ......We do get ripped by gov hard here...

kuwl

kuwl

Something I did today on a whim
.89 tupperware (Salvation Army Store),
$18 air pump, (Petco)
$5 air stone (Petco)
(I could have got a cheaper air stone but was in a hurry, wife waiting in car)
Had the tubing from a wrong order that I didn't return so prob $10 cause 24' lol.
Foam was in some packing of something.
Vid said cover translucent base with tinfoil to block out light.
Small but I'm experimenting.
Took them out of soil, washed off dirt, re-dipped in Clone X,
cut a slit in the foam an stuck em in
Really cool hope this works. Not sure after this what to do lol
I will have to watch more vids but it's kinda fun.

IMG 3305
kuwl

kuwl

Fed GL + BD today.
620 PPM 5ml Foilage Pro 5ml Pro Tekt
Run off was a lil high in the 670-730 range, PH 6.5 .
They are drinking it up well, 6 days since last feed an pots were bone dry.

Moved the seedlings down to the tent :)
They all in there vegging now.
Hooked up the FC4800 and adjusted it to bout 40%
Lux if bout 24k for BD-GL and the seedlings sit at 8k

IMG 3306
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Something I did today on a whim
.89 tupperware (Salvation Army Store),
$18 air pump, (Petco)
$5 air stone (Petco)
(I could have got a cheaper air stone but was in a hurry, wife waiting in car)
Had the tubing from a wrong order that I didn't return so prob $10 cause 24' lol.
Foam was in some packing of something.
Vid said cover translucent base with tinfoil to block out light.
Small but I'm experimenting.
Took them out of soil, washed off dirt, re-dipped in Clone X,
cut a slit in the foam an stuck em in
Really cool hope this works. Not sure after this what to do lol
I will have to watch more vids but it's kinda fun.
I posted more on my page but we were stride for stride but you've moved ahead with the bubbler and clones...😁😁

100 6671
kuwl

kuwl

I posted more on my page but we were stride for stride but you've moved ahead with the bubbler and clones...😁😁
Not really clones are in bad shape one dead the others not looking so good and I didn't see no roots yet either

kuwl

kuwl

Could be many reasons why this is not working so good for me.
From what I read the bubbles are supposed to splash the ends of the plant
not in the water itself but barely above it.
I have a 3" round flat air stone ,
I peeked in and it looked like it was doing just that, hanging above and being splashed.
I should have put all the roots in then trimmed them so they would be all equal above water line.
I changed the water today, the inside was getting a little slimmy.
One nearest the cam looked like it might have some roots starting, maybe but hard to tell.
2 are still hanging on ah maybe these cuttings were not big enough.
At this time it's just something to do while the others are getting where they are supposed to be.

IMG 3308
Madbud

Madbud

My friend macgyver suggested cutting the bottom (or top) off a 2L coke bottle and filling it with co2 from a burning candle, then quickly placing it over the clone for life support.

kuwl

kuwl

My friend macgyver suggested cutting the bottom (or top) off a 2L coke bottle and filling it with co2 from a burning candle, then quickly placing it over the clone for life support.
They definitly need life support, the one on the left looks like something ran over it ... roadkill lol

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

They definitly need life support, the one on the left looks like something ran over it ... roadkill lol
would a timer help on the air pump to give the stem a little dry time ?kind like the flood and drain guys do.it looks to me like your foam will retain water good .

Last edited:
kuwl

kuwl

would a timer help on the air pump to give the stem a little dry time ?kind like the flood and drain guys do.it looks to me like your foam will retain water good .
Never thought of that but will plug it into the timer like the light is and see what happens. Couldn't hurt and sounds right.
Another thought is the airstone is too low, that container is 7" deep, so might move the air stone up and put it on something and glue it down
so it is closer to the top of the water to give it more splash more bubbles maybe.
Thanks.

kuwl

kuwl

My plugs were bout an inch thick so thought I would cut them in half
as I was taking the plant out I seen it had the beginings of roots right there
where the plug was covering the staulk.
The part below that was ugly and looked rotten so pinched it off and lowered
plant and maybe they will take root now.

This one not so much but looks like it is begining.
IMG 3309

This one has short roots but they there.
IMG 3310

kuwl

kuwl

Seedlings starting to liven up a bit
The plants I took to the tent, the other day, seem to be doing better,
especially the one Durban Poison, short but what a nice bush.
I hope in 3 more weeks I can flip them all.
Temp 81° Hummy 37%a and that is as high as I can get it.

I've been checking PH run-off along with keeping carefull eye
on what goes in the nuit mix and PPM and checking Lux lvl when I change things.
"Give the plant what they need" @MiMed always tried to drill into my head.
I am starting to get it, starting to see, so far so good. 😎

IMG 3311

IMG 3312

IMG 3314

Hillbilly Swamp Cooler:
I used an old CO2 container filled with water, for wieght, stood in a pan
and put a small kitchen towel over it, then drenched it with water until the pan was full, bout 3" .
I put it in front of the 6" intake fan which causes the water to wick up the towel.
I don't put anything in the water like peroxide but do change towels.
I get a 3-5% bump in hummy lvl
This is sort of a swamp cooler hillbilly style lol.

IMG 3315

IMG 3316

Top Bottom