Kuwl - Rollin' Along

• Thread starter kuwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

A dam good reminder to check our equipment's connections...We get complacent with everything working but slow movement causes lose connections and viola your cheap plug adapter could have caused a fire....I have 3 -4 of those just like that...I'll be looking today...$2 dollar store...especially around curtains can make the whole house go up....

Awhile back, I changed plugs from a commercial power strip to a 3 way connector
because the power strip kept tripping off. I guess there are reasons for the way things do what they do.
When I was down in the basement this morning I noticed this, scary.

View attachment 1206059
i uh, may have switched from one power strip to another power strip and done something similar, nothings burned like that though.

spooky

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Very confusing to me and will try to figure it out but ran the whole system on 2 outlets last grow
with no breaker issues.. The 2 outlets are on 20a breakers, I feel the cords that are plugged in and they are cold.

Most of the house downstairs was rewired with the yellow bigger gauge wires and new outlets when we remodeled.
With 1 6" intake fan, 1 4" exhaust fan, 1 lil 4" table fan, a cool steam hummy, a fan drivin evaporater hummy, Oil heater
on high and a FC4800 MarsHydro light (280w) on 40% power right now.

The light, steamer and evaporater are on one outlet along with a small freezer
The intake and exhaust along with the heater and table fan are on the other outlet.

I could switch one of the fans with one of the hummys and make it more even, I think.
We'll see if I can figure out the draw on each of these outlets might take a while tho lol
You might want to put the heater on 1 circuit and everything else on another...Heater may draw up to 1500w all the other stuff is low wattage other than freezer. I'm going to put an 1100w # on the freezer as a guess but fans,evaporators,humidifiers don't take much I'd guess a high of 50w each small fans 35w try and balance the load as best you can...an amp meter around your individual wires to your breakers in the panel will tell you your load on each circuit & remember this is a Canadian price....I'd figure $5.99Usa...lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i uh, may have switched from one power strip to another power strip and done something similar, nothings burned like that though.

spooky
Ya we take it for granted until something is just not connected very securely and arcing starts to happen, building up heat until oops.....Fire chief said it was an electrical fire.......they all got out safe because their fire detector went off......Check those connections regularly & feel for heat build up...even touching a breaker (while not grounded) to see if its warm cool or HOT.....HOT is not good, should be able to smell Bakelite smoking if too hot....

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Living so close to and haveing been there many times I know shit is way more expensive in Canada but
WOWWY We get a lot of Canadian business here lol
Ya no sht, When I lived in Vancouver we were across into Washington regularly for milk,cheese,beer & gas....My parents had property at a beach town in Washington, Birch Bay...It was code to get across the border....Where you going?...Birch Bay and they'd wave us through no more questions asked....Even when we flew to Hawaii out of Seattle we'd go down the day before and stay at our cottage...Where you going? BB...have a nice day....At the time in the 80's beer was $20 a case (12) Canada...In the USA .$8 for 24 Rainier or Papst $10 for the good stuff Bud, Coors,Michelob & such and our dollar was close to par so wtf

Observationist

Observationist

Ya we take it for granted until something is just not connected very securely and arcing starts to happen, building up heat until oops.....Fire chief said it was an electrical fire.......they all got out safe because their fire detector went off......Check those connections regularly & feel for heat build up...even touching a breaker (while not grounded) to see if its warm cool or HOT.....HOT is not good, should be able to smell Bakelite smoking if too hot....
checking over things lol, lookin good here

am only running wee 2 lights tho, one pulls 380w bloom/veg, but half the bloom doesnt work, guessing a driver went out (chinese lol), and only using veg atm, then the new 150w light running 40-60%

kuwl

kuwl

yeah I just checked and check on a regular basis like everytime I got downstairs lol
Plugs and breakers cool as a cucumber.
The oil heater is pulling the most @ 12.5 amps needs to be on its own outlet.
Right now it's running smooth but I am going to take another look to make sure.
The small chest freezer 13 or 20 cu ft (300w?) is on one outlet
The washer (600w? for the motor) is on the other.
Either way I do it it comes close if it's a 15a but I know the freezer one is a 20a breaker but not sure about the washer one.

Edit: Ya I took the fans off and put all on one and the oil heater on the other with the freezer, should be ok.
Plugs all cold breakers cold too.

Last edited:
kuwl

kuwl

Today
Tent temp = 84° Hummy = 45%
Fighting dryness yesterday, could not get it above 36%
I guess it depends on the hummy in the cellar itself.
2 hummies, one shuts off when hummy limit (60%) is reached, I have it set at max (60%) for now.
One seedling plant is growing normally, the others not so much .
Setting me back futher and further. God, it will be fk March if they don't start growing faster.
Still
in the mini pots, still about 2" tall, more leaves tho, so maybe they are starting to break out.
Patience......

The Bubble Clone Experiment is doing ok.
Roots seem stable and growing day by day, looking good.
Even the knobby root one is showing some longer roots.
Guess I will keep them in the bubbler for a bit more to watch those roots get bigger.

Time to roll one 👽
In a month or so I will be thinking Green House 😁
A whole nother set of problems, the trick will be to find a strain
that won't freak out about the street light at night. lol

kuwl

kuwl

Repotted one of the seedlings that is growing normal imo
After I took the pic I put in a scoop of worm castings in each pot.
Maybe that will give them some energy lol
Everything is running normal no problems to speak of.
BD an GL are six weeks in veg now and looking like champs.
I think it will be 3 more weeks till I can flip the whole tent.
Pic upddate

IMG 3330
kuwl

kuwl

Snow Day 🥶
Heavy snow too!
I would pay someone but kids around here are too lazy, lol
Good thing I got my trusty snowblower.
8-12" they say not much imo but it's fkn heavy snow that makes all the dif.
I call it heart attack snow.

I have the tent right where I want it, stable.
@ 84° and 40%
I put the steamer on low and the extractor fan @ 40% (turns off when tent is 40%)

The lil ones starting to bush out and maybe growin a lil bit too.
The only problem I am having is the BD an GL pots are drying out >>>>fast
Like one or two days after giving them a good drench.
I hate to let them go too dry before I feed them but I don't want to feed
every other day cause it seems to be to much nuites. Right now I feed them 500 PPM Foilage Pro and Pro-Tekt

Still trying to figure out if I'm going with the Auto-Pots or not.
It's a matter of room in the tent now.
The feed tank is outside the tent but the 4 pots have a good size footprint.
If I do I might have to adjust the size of the other pots to 1 or 2 gal. I don't have any 2 gal pots.
I would have to order 2 gal cloth pots 😇.

Clone Roots 😁

IMG 3331
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Snow Day 🥶
Heavy snow too!
I would pay someone but kids around here are too lazy, lol
Good thing I got my trusty snowblower.
8-12" they say not much imo but it's fkn heavy snow that makes all the dif.
I call it heart attack snow.

I have the tent right where I want it, stable.
@ 84° and 40%
I put the steamer on low and the extractor fan @ 40% (turns off when tent is 40%)

The lil ones starting to bush out and maybe growin a lil bit too.
The only problem I am having is the BD an GL pots are drying out >>>>fast
Like one or two days after giving them a good drench.
I hate to let them go too dry before I feed them but I don't want to feed
every other day cause it seems to be to much nuites. Right now I feed them 500 PPM Foilage Pro and Pro-Tekt

Still trying to figure out if I'm going with the Auto-Pots or not.
It's a matter of room in the tent now.
The feed tank is outside the tent but the 4 pots have a good size footprint.
If I do I might have to adjust the size of the other pots to 1 or 2 gal. I don't have any 2 gal pots.
I would have to order 2 gal cloth pots 😇.

Clone Roots 😁
Gday 84f @40% ......seems odd to me...My veg ten I aim for 65% at 78f and flower I can only get it to 76f & I push it up to 50% if I can get it that high.........looks like you want more arid conditions and I want jungle......

Looks like we're infor an ice storm event,,,,right along the Atlantic coast for up to 5 hrs,,,,,,,its raining now +4C it was -20 C the night before.....ARRRRG....fking winter up north....no wonder why so many move to Florida eh? Moshman down there near Tampa basking in the sun while we hunker down and go into hibernation.

We gotta go out for supplies locally, we could be in for a while......I have gas and a generator we're good to go,,,,,just need more coffee and cats gotta crap in doors.......lol.....important supplies.

kuwl

kuwl

Gday 84f @40% ......seems odd to me...My veg ten I aim for 65% at 78f and flower I can only get it to 76f & I push it up to 50% if I can get it that high.........looks like you want more arid conditions and I want jungle......

Looks like we're infor an ice storm event,,,,right along the Atlantic coast for up to 5 hrs,,,,,,,its raining now +4C it was -20 C the night before.....ARRRRG....fking winter up north....no wonder why so many move to Florida eh? Moshman down there near Tampa basking in the sun while we hunker down and go into hibernation.

We gotta go out for supplies locally, we could be in for a while......I have gas and a generator we're good to go,,,,,just need more coffee and cats gotta crap in doors.......lol.....important supplies.
It fluctuates sometimes, like, now I gave em some water/nutes and it spiked up to 50% - 77°
I would get my tent higher hummy if I could, the intake is set as low as I can and exhaust high as it goes.
I guess if I puttered with it and set the exhaust lower I could up the hummy a lil bit maybe keep it at 50%
other than that I would have to shut off all air lol

OK did that and got hummy up to 52% not sure it will go any higher
Somehow I had 40% stuck in my head and kinda worried about mold
Thanks maybe that was my drying pot prob or it's the soil I'm using with that coco coir stuff lol

kuwl

kuwl

Looking good 🤓
Crowded in there
Growing up finally
I will be putting into 2 Gal cloth pots tomorrow,
Mixing up the dirt to use, the Coco Coir/Soil
with some old used Mother Earth soil, so it won't drain
out so fast and retain the water/nutrients longer.
These will be the final pots I will grow in, I have 5.

One will be in a small regular pot (2.5 g)
Two I put in the Auto Pot system to try that out.
They not ready for the auto feed yet tho, so I'm still top watering another week.
The other 5 go into the 2 gal. cloth pots.

I had to buy smaller tin food pans from the $ store,
well not a dollar no mo it's $1.25 now lol
They will fit in my lil 4x4 better than the oil pans.

I also put 4 more clones in that contraption bubbler.
The first 2 are doing great but the second 2, I put in a couple of days ago, are not showing any roots yet.
I put 2 more in there today cause I was trimming those Auto Pot veg plants.
The 2 that have roots are looking like shit tho lol.
Maybe I should move them to dirt?
I would still have to keep them in veg indefinetly.
And I see something I did wrong- the tubing is clear, not good.

I'll take some more pic's tomorrow, when I'm done

IMG 3332

IMG 3335

IMG 3337

IMG 3333

kuwl

kuwl

I am clue less why there are some trident leaves on some of the small plants.
It makes no sense cause they are in a tent, in a dark cellar, with lights out at 11pm and on again at 5am.
Impossible to be a light leak cause there is no light on.
Any other reasons for this, I cannot find anything online to explain it.
I checked the timer to make sure it's set right too.
Otherwise everything going good.

Went down to the basement to start the re-potting process.
Looked in the tent and seen some water. Oh I thought I got sloppy
filling the new hummy but oh fk! the dam thing is leaking all over the
floor of the tent, dammm. Spent an hr mopping up the mess, returning the pos.
Otherwise lol

Got it done with just enough dirt.
Gave them a lil water to soften the blow and they all look fine.
Temp 78 Hummy 55%

IMG 3339
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am clue less why there are some trident leaves on some of the small plants.
It makes no sense cause they are in a tent, in a dark cellar, with lights out at 11pm and on again at 5am.
Impossible to be a light leak cause there is no light on.
Any other reasons for this, I cannot find anything online to explain it.
I checked the timer to make sure it's set right too.
Otherwise everything going good.

Went down to the basement to start the re-potting process.
Looked in the tent and seen some water. Oh I thought I got sloppy
filling the new hummy but oh fk! the dam thing is leaking all over the
floor of the tent, dammm. Spent an hr mopping up the mess, returning the pos.
Otherwise lol

Got it done with just enough dirt.
Gave them a lil water to soften the blow and they all look fine.
Temp 78 Hummy 55%
I don't think the trident leaves are a problem low on the plant. the next rows up should go to 5 fingers might just be strain or pheno of it. On the top I'd say revegging but down on the bottom like that I don't think its an issue....Looks healthy otherwise eh?

My goodies came today I just picked up the Clonex, switch ( for my air pump ) & some Yoyo's to hold up my girls buds instead of a scrog net......I have some work to do today,,,hopefully I'll get some cuttings in my new bubbler...

kuwl

kuwl

I don't think the trident leaves are a problem low on the plant. the next rows up should go to 5 fingers might just be strain or pheno of it. On the top I'd say revegging but down on the bottom like that I don't think its an issue....Looks healthy otherwise eh?

My goodies came today I just picked up the Clonex, switch ( for my air pump ) & some Yoyo's to hold up my girls buds instead of a scrog net......I have some work to do today,,,hopefully I'll get some cuttings in my new bubbler...
Ya I think your right, I remember having issues with power strips shutting down the light and breaker probs back in the early part of the grow.
I believe the lights out had an effect on the seedlings thus the tri leaves. Some of the times the breaker went off, I was not sure how long it was off.
Now I got to wait a week or two before the flip.

I gave my clones a tiny bit of Mag Pro because the leaves looked like a mag deficiency.
I really need to change the water and clean out the bowl n put fresh in there too.
I wish they would fit in the tent but it's as full as it's gonna get lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ya I think your right, I remember having issues with power strips shutting down the light and breaker probs back in the early part of the grow.
I believe the lights out had an effect on the seedlings thus the tri leaves. Some of the times the breaker went off, I was not sure how long it was off.
Now I got to wait a week or two before the flip.

I gave my clones a tiny bit of Mag Pro because the leaves looked like a mag deficiency.
I really need to change the water and clean out the bowl n put fresh in there too.
I wish they would fit in the tent but it's as full as it's gonna get lol
I have it up and running..no cuttings yet but I'll post pics later...I've been watching vids and I read a bit from EZclone on here that helped..

kuwl

kuwl

Auto Pot System is up and running
Scaled down to 2 pots, I ordered the large ones.
I should have got the smaller ones now that I see how large they are.
Well, they were supposed to be in the large 5x5 tent when I thought about doing this.

Not much to do once it's set up.
Bottom feeder, as it gets its water from a tank much like a top auto feeder but
it gravity feeds with a float system to stop the flow when the tray is full.
I also got the air stones that go under the clay pellets in the pots.
Hope it works out cause I would love to use them in the Green House this summer.

I trimmed again a fist full of leaves on BD/GL
They doing good and hopefully in a week to 10 days I will flip
so I wanted to start thinning them out before I do the strip.
Also they will drink less, I think, and chill till the others catch up.

Just water this week for the other 6 bag plants.
The run off was a bit high on some, around 1k PPM.
I have PH'ed my nuit mix to 6.5 as the water here is a 8 PH
and that is unusually high as it's normally a 7 PH
Starting PPM is 121 and that is higher than norm also.
Lux 24k AP/14k
Bags Light is on 40%

Using all Dyna Gro Products
Foilage Pro
Pro-Tekt
Mag Pro
Zyme

Flyin by the seat of my pants most of the time lol
Tank is on the far right out the tent but you can barely see it.
AP's are on the left side an still need room some where to put a O Fan.
The Air machine sits on a crate next to one of the bags.
2 steamers going full speed get the tent up to 55% hummy.
Temp is 77° but still have to keep an eye on it, as it fluctuates.
4" Exhaust fan, on high, goes out the chimney and a 6" intake fan (taking in air from the cellar) on low .

IMG 3340
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Auto Pot System is up and running
Scaled down to 2 pots, I ordered the large ones.
I should have got the smaller ones now that I see how large they are.
Well, they were supposed to be in the large 5x5 tent when I thought about doing this.

Not much to do once it's set up.
Bottom feeder, as it gets its water from a tank much like a top auto feeder but
it gravity feeds with a float system to stop the flow when the tray is full.
I also got the air stones that go under the clay pellets in the pots.
Hope it works out cause I would love to use them in the Green House this summer.

I trimmed again a fist full of leaves on BD/GL
They doing good and hopefully in a week to 10 days I will flip
so I wanted to start thinning them out before I do the strip.
Also they will drink less, I think, and chill till the others catch up.

Just water this week for the other 6 bag plants.
The run off was a bit high on some, around 1k PPM.
I have PH'ed my nuit mix to 6.5 as the water here is a 8 PH
and that is unusually high as it's normally a 7 PH
Starting PPM is 121 and that is higher than norm also.
Lux 24k AP/14k
Bags Light is on 40%

Using all Dyna Gro Products
Foilage Pro
Pro-Tekt
Mag Pro
Zyme

Flyin by the seat of my pants most of the time lol
Tank is on the far right out the tent but you can barely see it.
AP's are on the left side an still need room some where to put a O Fan.
The Air machine sits on a crate next to one of the bags.
2 steamers going full speed get the tent up to 55% hummy.
Temp is 77° but still have to keep an eye on it, as it fluctuates.
4" Exhaust fan, on high, goes out the chimney and a 6" intake fan (taking in air from the cellar) on low .
Everything looking good ! Amazing how much stuff we put in our spaces to grow, lights fans,heaters,humidifiers crates,tanks pumps gauges +++ just to grow our plants......It started with a seed some dirt and water under sunlight.....Now look at what we've done.........It's taking over my basement like urban sprawl.

kuwl

kuwl

It's Hump Day!
Everything is peachy swell as always now during the veg part
These bag plants are short and squaty.
I would like them to get twice as tall tho.
Maybe another wk till flip.

I had a slight hicup with the Auto-Pot Sys the other day.
For some unkown reason one of the water control valves failed.
I had bout a littre of water in the tent, was a pain to sop up.
I took it apart checked it and put it back in and it's worked fine since.
I should have checked it as the manual states before I installed and turned on the flow.
I turn the flow off at night now. don't want no surprizes in the morning lol.
The 2 plants in the AP are looking real good as are all the others.

I turn on the water pump in the morning when I fill the steamers.
Also turn on the air stones at the same time for bout 5 mins.

Hope to do the flip next week if they will grow another 4-6 in.
Installed another 6" clip fan as I could not find room for the bigger occilating fan.
IMG 3356

I am going to use this feed chart unless I change my mind lol

FeedChart

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I used auto pots for my first grows. I kept getting roots in the valves even with double copper root blockers. More floods than I care to admit. But yours look different maybe they got better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom