Kuwl's AutoPot Grow - Deja Vu

• Thread starter kuwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kuwl

kuwl

I like the plastic knives, my wood Popsicle sticks rot,,,,,,I can see them in my future grows.... You got it now man ...once they are above ground they are hard to kill, water and light with a small feed in 2 weeks they'll grow like weeds.
Ya I am relieved now and lovin to watch the lil plants go.
Unless I buy more AP's and they are expensive to buy with all the parts needed, I will have to leave 4 in the veg room for a bit.

kuwl

kuwl

Coming along nicely!
Day by day I get a lil more done
Yesterday did the veg room proper as nothing was really hooked up except the light and oil heater.
Got the exhaust duct hooked up to the chimney and a fan in the tent too.
Also put my humidifier to work again. The cellar is dry usually at 36.
I bent over the flaps on the lower screens of the tent for incoming ventalation but will put in a intake fan as they get bigger.
Then had to adjust the hummy, temp and light (18").
It's all good now.

Now on to the flower tent.
I sqeezed the MarsHydro FC 4800 in there and hung the Spider Farmer UV lights onto the FC4800.
I could not dirictly attach because it is made to attach to a Spider Farmer light so hung it with the provided
hangers which are really cool and worked perfectly. (SF provides 2 ways to hang the light).
This time I put the driver on a stand instead of attached to the light.
The UV lights are cool looking with blue dots in the pic I took.

Next I have to set up the pots and I am waiting for a silicone disk bout a 1/8" round that I lost when cleaning last time.
It is attached to the float and stops the water from flooding.
I sent and recieved one but was the wrong one as their description of the location of that particular one is wrong so
I got the back end one which for some reason is slightly larger than the one I need, so waiting for the 2nd pkg to arrive Mon.
Still I can set up the pots with clay balls and the soil mix with coco coir.
Got 2 new 6" occillating fans in there as well. I believe from Vivosun and Growbuds.
After the pot set up I have to get on the power plugs and where they all go.
I made a map but lost it 😂

I made the decision to buy another set of AP's another 4 pot system but with the smaller 2.2 gal. pots
Hopefully they will fit in there but if not I will use them with 2 of the larger 3.9 gal pots with 12.4 gal reservoir.

Pic's

IMG 4046
IMG 4048
IMG 4052
IMG 4053
IMG 4051
IMG 4056
How to use UV supplement light bar
IMG 4055
IMG 4060
IMG 4061
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Coming along nicely!
Day by day I get a lil more done
Yesterday did the veg room proper as nothing was really hooked up except the light and oil heater.
Got the exhaust duct hooked up to the chimney and a fan in the tent too.
Also put my humidifier to work again. The cellar is dry usually at 36.
I bent over the flaps on the lower screens of the tent for incoming ventalation but will put in a intake fan as they get bigger.
Then had to adjust the hummy, temp and light (18").
It's all good now.

Now on to the flower tent.
I sqeezed the MarsHydro FC 4800 in there and hung the Spider Farmer UV lights onto the FC4800.
I could not dirictly attach because it is made to attach to a Spider Farmer light so hung it with the provided
hangers which are really cool and worked perfectly. (SF provides 2 ways to hang the light).
This time I put the driver on a stand instead of attached to the light.
The UV lights are cool looking with blue dots in the pic I took.

Next I have to set up the pots and I am waiting for a silicone disk bout a 1/8" round that I lost when cleaning last time.
It is attached to the float and stops the water from flooding.
I sent and recieved one but was the wrong one as their description of the location of that particular one is wrong so
I got the back end one which for some reason is slightly larger than the one I need, so waiting for the 2nd pkg to arrive Mon.
Still I can set up the pots with clay balls and the soil mix with coco coir.
Got 2 new 6" occillating fans in there as well. I believe from Vivosun and Growbuds.
After the pot set up I have to get on the power plugs and where they all go.
I made a map but lost it 😂

I made the decision to buy another set of AP's another 4 pot system but with the smaller 2.2 gal. pots
Hopefully they will fit in there but if not I will use them with 2 of the larger 3.9 gal pots with 12.4 gal reservoir.

Pic's
Looks good, I looked at getting those UV lights but I was kinda talked out of it by a few of the guys on here. I'd like to see how you do with them, I've no experience with them so I couldn't argue the benefits or drawbacks about them. I'll watch and learn. I've also looked at setting up an auto water feed system but that's as far as its gone. I've pumps and tubing & reservoir I just need some connectors, couplings T & Y fittings then the gumption to getter dun....😆
😆

kuwl

kuwl

Looks good, I looked at getting those UV lights but I was kinda talked out of it by a few of the guys on here. I'd like to see how you do with them, I've no experience with them so I couldn't argue the benefits or drawbacks about them. I'll watch and learn. I've also looked at setting up an auto water feed system but that's as far as its gone. I've pumps and tubing & reservoir I just need some connectors, couplings T & Y fittings then the gumption to getter dun....😆
😆
Ya I'm kinda an impulse buyer lol Idk if will help cause I think the light that I have already does that kinda.
And I have to set another timer for it cause it's only an hour or 2 per day on, I think.
But they look cool. 😎
I brought the black ducts because all my 4" shinny ones have pin holes in them, I guess from manufacturing them.
I shined a flash light into one of them last grow cause I suspected a light leak from somewhere and whadaya kno
pin holes all the way threw the whole duct.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ya I'm kinda an impulse buyer lol Idk if will help cause I think the light that I have already does that kinda.
And I have to set another timer for it cause it's only an hour or 2 per day on, I think.
But they look cool. 😎
I brought the black ducts because all my 4" shinny ones have pin holes in them, I guess from manufacturing them.
I shined a flash light into one of them last grow cause I suspected a light leak from somewhere and whadaya kno
pin holes all the way threw the whole duct.
I've been wrapping black garbage bags around mine with some duct tape, some of my ducting is pretty old and has a few holes in it, That faux metal covering wears out and its pretty well see through at places so Dollar store bags & tape....

Do you ever get across the border? I just measured the distance to the Value Village store on our side of the line and you're about 5 miles from it.....with your dollar exchange shit would be pretty cheap on 30% off seniors day Tuesdays....sht with the exchange it would be almost free.....fans and lights, power bars, timers, cat tunnels, humidifiers, pots, trays, lots of stuff I use in my growing I get there

kuwl

kuwl

I've been wrapping black garbage bags around mine with some duct tape, some of my ducting is pretty old and has a few holes in it, That faux metal covering wears out and its pretty well see through at places so Dollar store bags & tape....

Do you ever get across the border? I just measured the distance to the Value Village store on our side of the line and you're about 5 miles from it.....with your dollar exchange shit would be pretty cheap on 30% off seniors day Tuesdays....sht with the exchange it would be almost free.....fans and lights, power bars, timers, cat tunnels, humidifiers, pots, trays, lots of stuff I use in my growing I get there
Haven't been accross since my daughter and her husband came in from California and took them to NF Canada.
We had a blast but not since them bout 15 yrs ago.
The problem now is my ID expired before flu happened and I neglected to get it updated so now I have to go to the dreaded DMV to get another.
I've been procrastinating lol but would do me no good to cross cause wifey won't drive anywhere but locally.
I do most of my shopping online cause I pretty much have to if it ain't at Walmart or Sam's Club here in NF. She won't go into hardware stores either.
My Daughter has OCD bad but wifey has IADI (I Ain't Doin It)

kuwl

kuwl

Moving along
I got my 2.2 AP sys today and set it up in the 4x4 tent to see if I had room.
I don't think I have enough room to add a oil heater tho.
The humidifier will be outside the tent and so will the 12 gal tanks.
Kinda tight in there and was not planing to put 7-8 plants in it, like last time.
I got 7 plants growing and was goin to pop another seed but don't think so now.
Not sure what to do, maybe the 4 2.2 gal and only 2-3 of the 3.9 gal.
Who knows but I am working on it.
IMG 4066

IMG 4067

The smaller 2.2 pots have a different set up.
The 2 pots are attached and better root control at the bottom
with one of those brassy pieces of material in the bottom and one fitted over the outside of the pot.
Brass side down in the pot and brass side up on the oiutside of the pot.
I never had a problem with roots messing with the valves in the 3.9 gal pots I used.
Will be working to configure it out tomorrow.
This is the weed I grew in the GH underfed and neglected, smokes mild but not the high I am looking for.
So this light airy very leafy sm bud stuff will be cookies :)
IMG 4064

kuwl

kuwl

what method are you using for gemination? Me I always do the paper towel method
I have had success with the paper tower method especially when soaking the seed in a shot glass of water for 24 hrs first.
But I got fustrated this time and stuck em a 1/4 inch in dirt, gave em a lil water and turned on the light, worked good for me this time.

kuwl

kuwl

This might be the configuration for this grow, 7 pots,
3 - 3.9 gal. and 4 - 2.2 gal. pots in a 4 x 4 tent
I can fit the heater and if needed a humidirier but
if I need a de-hummy in there I'm in trouble lol.
Winter time is usually dry in my cellar but this grow is starting late
so will go into mid March and hoping the weather will stay cold and dry.

I still need to do the tube lay out and do a test feed of water
to check for leaks or loose fittings or valve failures.
Then load up the pots with clay balls and soil/coco mix.

I don't have enough Airdomes so might use some bubble pipe I have.
I will make do if I can or if I have to order 4 more for $46.
This is what I came up with for my 7 plants.

By the end of Dec they will be in the flower tent, I hope.

IMG 4070
IMG 4074
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This might be the configuration for this grow, 7 pots,
3 - 3.9 gal. and 4 - 2.2 gal. pots in a 4 x 4 tent
I can fit the heater and if needed a humidirier but
if I need a de-hummy in there I'm in trouble lol.
Winter time is usually dry in my cellar but this grow is starting late
so will go into mid March and hoping the weather will stay cold and dry.

I still need to do the tube lay out and do a test feed of water
to check for leaks or loose fittings or valve failures.
Then load up the pots with clay balls and soil/coco mix.

I don't have enough Airdomes so might use some bubble pipe I have.
I will make do if I can or if I have to order 4 more for $46.
This is what I came up with for my 7 plants.

By the end of Dec they will be in the flower tent, I hope.
Awesome, I like the look of the pots...now let see some flowers in them. It looks like a much cleaner grow than with my Promix but I'm stuck in it now...I'm not going to change at this point....I'm just getting the hang of it..If you can get your temps and air right there's no reason you can't grow your meds............ permanent like😁
😁

kuwl

kuwl

Awesome, I like the look of the pots...now let see some flowers in them. It looks like a much cleaner grow than with my Promix but I'm stuck in it now...I'm not going to change at this point....I'm just getting the hang of it..If you can get your temps and air right there's no reason you can't grow your meds............ permanent like😁
😁
Hopefully this grow will produce a bounty like the last one.
In any case I might continue but scale down to one or two plants
using the TS1000 light as I did in what seems like long ago.
It's the electric bill that is gonna kill me.

kuwl

kuwl

Doing more in the flower tent today puting twist ties on the
tube connectors so they don't get pulled off accidentaly. (been there done that)
Will do a water only test tomorrow for leaks and to see if all the valves work proper.
Lastly I got to attach the duct to the 6" exhaust fan and fill the pots with clay balls and soil/coco mix.
Oh ya got to straighten out the wires/extention cords, I made a new map and should be easy. (famous last words)
Then by next Thurs after I re-pot I might just shut down the veg tent and veg in the flower tent untill they go 12/12

Tightening down twist ties on the hoses/connectors.
IMG 4076

All growing good except, and seems there is always an exception, for Wedding Cake she seems stunted a bit but still looking ok.
I think that one is the seedling soil but did add some good stuff on top.
IMG 4081

Now this is funny.
I took skai dog out and she went nuts around the locked GH so looked in and seen something moving around.
I noticed one of the plastic panels was knocked out by a bin in there.
Were's Waldo comes to mind lol

IMG 4077

Yep squirrel in the Geen House!!
I had to go back to the house, get the keys, n open the GH door to let it out.

IMG 4078
kuwl

kuwl

Lots to do
I did the air lines and bubblers today.
Attached 8 of em to the one pump which has 4 outlets.
Took awhile but should have used an aquarium pump I had laying around to
take the load off. I got it to work but have second thoughts on the effectivness.
I can always change it and add an extra pump later.

Added the clay balls into the pots and prepared the soil/cocco mix.
Got the soil into the 1 gal pots in prep for transplant.
Also preped the soil as it was 2200 ppm when I checked the water drainage.
A little flushing brought it down to 400-500 ppm.

I still have to figure out the extension cords and plug it all in to the right strips.
All in All it's coming along good.
I will have to use the flower tent for a couple of weeks of vegging tho.
Not enough room in my veg tent for 7 one gal. pots.

Plants are all looking good after I gave them a dose of 400ppm Foliage pro.

IMG 4087
IMG 4090
IMG 4088
IMG 4089
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lots to do
I did the air lines and bubblers today.
Attached 8 of em to the one pump which has 4 outlets.
Took awhile but should have used an aquarium pump I had laying around to
take the load off. I got it to work but have second thoughts on the effectivness.
I can always change it and add an extra pump later.

Added the clay balls into the pots and prepared the soil/cocco mix.
Got the soil into the 1 gal pots in prep for transplant.
Also preped the soil as it was 2200 ppm when I checked the water drainage.
A little flushing brought it down to 400-500 ppm.

I still have to figure out the extension cords and plug it all in to the right strips.
All in All it's coming along good.
I will have to use the flower tent for a couple of weeks of vegging tho.
Not enough room in my veg tent for 7 one gal. pots.

Plants are all looking good after I gave them a dose of 400ppm Foliage pro.
Alright a nice start with some fresh babies to look after...too bad about the seeds, that's a first for me. I'll see what I have for another try....I have a bunch of Reg seeds you'll have to sex but a few nice strains....I've some Chemdog, Lambs breath and a few others I can't remember the names of. I find regs a pain and would rather to fems but if you'd like to try a few I've a bunch I'm not using. I don't mind reg auto's because they sex themselves early enough to not take up too much space before they can be culled. Just let me know & I'll try again in better shipping. I've used a pen in the past and shoved the seeds in the body without the ink.

kuwl

kuwl

Alright a nice start with some fresh babies to look after...too bad about the seeds, that's a first for me. I'll see what I have for another try....I have a bunch of Reg seeds you'll have to sex but a few nice strains....I've some Chemdog, Lambs breath and a few others I can't remember the names of. I find regs a pain and would rather to fems but if you'd like to try a few I've a bunch I'm not using. I don't mind reg auto's because they sex themselves early enough to not take up too much space before they can be culled. Just let me know & I'll try again in better shipping. I've used a pen in the past and shoved the seeds in the body without the ink.
Yes they growing like weeds :)
I was ajusting the fan in the tent yesterday and it fell
right on an SB, knocking it over, what a mess, bent the lil one so I put a splint on her
and think she'll be ok. I have 2 SB's cause they are not fem'ed, hoping for both to be
females :) either way my tent will be overflowing.

Ya looks like they took a hammer to them lol
The pen trick sounds good also I have recieved some in a
jewel case between and under the plastic where the CD goes and the cover art in them.
I prob never grew any of the strains you have, up to you if you feel like another try.
I was thinking of an auto grow as I have about 20 Zskittles sitting in my humidor since last winter.
I only grew auto's once and it was a disaster.
But the 4 pot, 2.2 gal AP I just got might be just the thing to use for an auto grow.

IMG 4086
kuwl

kuwl

Patience,... I want to re-pot into 1 gal's but I think I need to wait a bit.
They don't look ready yet.
Especially the runt - Wedding Cake
Gave them some Foilage Pro today (1 ec)
Maybe that will cheer them up :)
Put it in the bottom of a container and
put all cups in there, so everybody's in the pool.
I see 3 nods and the tops look ok but still only 3 leafs.
The 4x4 is ready to accept them, all I have to do is remove the 4" exhaust duct
and stick the 6" duct in the chimney. Everything else is set to go.
I am timing the UV lights at 1 hr per day at noon till 12/12 then 2 hrs per day.
The water mixer pump in the reservoir will go on mid-day for 4 hrs as will the air defuser pump in the AP's (When they get transfered to them).
The FC4800 18/6 @ 25% and exhaust is on all the time, same with 2 oc tent fans.
I usually repot to 1 gal at 2 weeks old then re-pot to final pot at another 2 weeks, so 4 weeks then 12/12 into flower.

Once this chit is set up it's a breeze.
All I have to do is feed ppm and check ph in the resevoir, prob daily to start.
Last grow I fiddled with it too much trying to steer it too much.
This grow should be much more simple with no fiddling around lol.

IMG 4098

IMG 4099

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yes they growing like weeds :)
I was ajusting the fan in the tent yesterday and it fell
right on an SB, knocking it over, what a mess, bent the lil one so I put a splint on her
and think she'll be ok. I have 2 SB's cause they are not fem'ed, hoping for both to be
females :) either way my tent will be overflowing.

Ya looks like they took a hammer to them lol
The pen trick sounds good also I have recieved some in a
jewel case between and under the plastic where the CD goes and the cover art in them.
I prob never grew any of the strains you have, up to you if you feel like another try.
I was thinking of an auto grow as I have about 20 Zskittles sitting in my humidor since last winter.
I only grew auto's once and it was a disaster.
But the 4 pot, 2.2 gal AP I just got might be just the thing to use for an auto grow.
Okay round 2, fkin posties and they go off the rails? it should be us.......they've lost the fear of public back lash so they can get away with crap service. The guy went Postal should have the opposite meaning....lol....Postal employees behind bullet proof cages just in case some guy doesn't get his parcel in good order and then goes Postal on them !!!.......lol

kuwl

kuwl

Well I seen some improvement so decided to make the move.
All in the big tent now in 1 gal. pots for another 2 weeks or so.
It went smooth with no problems.
Set up all the timers and plugs.
I put the FC4800 on 50% at 16 inches above them.
I really can't use crates with this set up so have the light on adj hangers.
Temp - 83° Hummy - 40% Feeding @ 500 PPM (Foilage Pro)
Crowded in there, as long as nothing goes wrong, I can deal with it.
Now it's time to watch them grow!!!

Clay balls in there now until they are ready to transplant to their forever home.
IMG 4119

Moving time lil ones :)
IMG 4120

IMG 4121

All set and comfortable in your new home.
IMG 4122

They are sitting on top till they go 12/12 because they get top fed like a regular plants, then into the final pots and get bottom fed from then on.

kuwl

kuwl

There's something strange in the neighborhood 👁️🦨
I went out to take a pic and it started to follow me lol
I took a few steps and turned to see it coming up on me
I took a few more and it continued to follow me
I got to the porch and turned and it went around to the side of the porch
and disapeared maybe under the porch or under the back gate
Seen it across the street before but never in my yard.
It didn't come back so thank goodness cause our Am Bully Skai
went absolutely nuts and wanted out to get it.
IMG 4124

IMG 4125

IMG 4126

Then the other strange thing is my plants
It must be the soil that's all I can think of
I flushed yesterday right after these pic's
The readings were off the charts and I'm panicing
I think my Vivosun Digital 4 in 1 meter PH/TDS/EC/Temp is not functioning right.
I could not adjust the 7.6 PH even with a brand new bottle of PH down.
Maybe a bad bottle idk but more likely the meter is broke.
Had it 2 yrs and never stored it in the special fluid just wiped it clean everytime.
I flushed and checked PPM with another old meter I had and got it down to 500-600 PPM
I turned up the exhaust fan and installed a intake fan to remove any excess moisture in the tent.
Kept the temp at 83° Hummy suffered tho and at 37% or so.
Drying the pots out before I give them a new mix of nutrients at about 500 PPM of Dyna Gro Foilage Pro, ProTekt and maybe some Mag Pro too.
These plants are far from right and most seem to be stunted but all haven't the right color leaves, too yellow not green enough.
The Wedding Cake is deformed and might not make it.

IMG 4130
IMG 4131
IMG 4132
IMG 4133
IMG 4137
IMG 4138
IMG 4141
Top Bottom