PipeCarver

Supporter
There's something strange in the neighborhood 👁️🦨
I went out to take a pic and it started to follow me lol
I took a few steps and turned to see it coming up on me
I took a few more and it continued to follow me
I got to the porch and turned and it went around to the side of the porch
and disapeared maybe under the porch or under the back gate
Seen it across the street before but never in my yard.
It didn't come back so thank goodness cause our Am Bully Skai
went absolutely nuts and wanted out to get it.
View attachment 1312536
View attachment 1312538
View attachment 1312539
Then the other strange thing is my plants
It must be the soil that's all I can think of
I flushed yesterday right after these pic's
The readings were off the charts and I'm panicing
I think my Vivosun Digital 4 in 1 meter PH/TDS/EC/Temp is not functioning right.
I could not adjust the 7.6 PH even with a brand new bottle of PH down.
Maybe a bad bottle idk but more likely the meter is broke.
Had it 2 yrs and never stored it in the special fluid just wiped it clean everytime.
I flushed and checked PPM with another old meter I had and got it down to 500-600 PPM
I turned up the exhaust fan and installed a intake fan to remove any excess moisture in the tent.
Kept the temp at 83° Hummy suffered tho and at 37% or so.
Drying the pots out before I give them a new mix of nutrients at about 500 PPM of Dyna Gro Foilage Pro, ProTekt and maybe some Mag Pro too.
These plants are far from right and most seem to be stunted but all haven't the right color leaves, too yellow not green enough.
The Wedding Cake is deformed and might not make it.
Have I got a skunk story for you, I was in a work camp for bad boys at 18, outward bound stuff and one night in our camp we had an intruder into our food so some of the guys set up a leg hold trap...

13 of us in bunk beds just drifting off to sleep and wham off goes the trap got it one guy shouted Got It ! then there was silence and 13 naked guys scrambling for the door in panic...

The hut filled with skunk fog covering everything as we in a panic out in the cold tried to figure out what to do a couple went in and tried to kill it but just made it mad and was spraying continuously, after a few failed attempts 1 guy went in with an axe and chopped it in half...still attached to the leg hold trap,

We then had to clean it up and go back to bed in our sleeping bags covered in skunk spray, clothes too as we'd mostly stripped everything off to sleep..... the sleeping bag that we had to use for another 2 months was covered in spray I got so used to that skunk smell I forgot about it until my first night out of the Camp and I missed the smell going to sleep at night.

Its so ingrained in my brain I just need a small whiff to know a skunks close by.

kuwl

kuwl

Have I got a skunk story for you, I was in a work camp for bad boys at 18, outward bound stuff and one night in our camp we had an intruder into our food so some of the guys set up a leg hold trap...

13 of us in bunk beds just drifting off to sleep and wham off goes the trap got it one guy shouted Got It ! then there was silence and 13 naked guys scrambling for the door in panic...

The hut filled with skunk fog covering everything as we in a panic out in the cold tried to figure out what to do a couple went in and tried to kill it but just made it mad and was spraying continuously, after a few failed attempts 1 guy went in with an axe and chopped it in half...still attached to the leg hold trap,

We then had to clean it up and go back to bed in our sleeping bags covered in skunk spray, clothes too as we'd mostly stripped everything off to sleep..... the sleeping bag that we had to use for another 2 months was covered in spray I got so used to that skunk smell I forgot about it until my first night out of the Camp and I missed the smell going to sleep at night.

Its so ingrained in my brain I just need a small whiff to know a skunks close by.
I could smell it as it was walking towards me lol 🤧
Lucky it didn't spray tho.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I could smell it as it was walking towards me lol 🤧
Lucky it didn't spray tho.
cute little fkers.....there was a guy on TV some hillbilly critter catcher Billy ***** and he had 1 episode of them mad at him stopping their front feet, doing little charges...cute as hell but ya stinky little suckers.... he kept aware of the direction they were pointing lol.........

Your pup wants to play with him......that would be a fun story....... does he sleep with you? You'd get a small taste of what I had if you let them play.....lol

kuwl

kuwl

cute little fkers.....there was a guy on TV some hillbilly critter catcher Billy ***** and he had 1 episode of them mad at him stopping their front feet, doing little charges...cute as hell but ya stinky little suckers.... he kept aware of the direction they were pointing lol.........

Your pup wants to play with him......that would be a fun story....... does he sleep with you? You'd get a small taste of what I had if you let them play.....lol
Sleeps with wifey and no way I want a stinky dog in the house let alone bed hahaha
But I think my pup would damage that skunk bad and the smelly spray would be a mess to clean so she stayed inside and safe.
Skunky shows up again and I'm callin Skunk Busters!

I ain't afraid of no Skunk!

Last edited:
kuwl

kuwl

Well well well,
I was looking in my computer desk drawer at some crushed seeds I recieved
Curiously I opened a couple that looked semi-crushed, cracked no good I thought.
Well, I said to myself, why not give em a try, so put them in a shot glass of water overnight.
Then after 24 hrs I put them in paper towel and doused them in the shot glass water as I learned from PC.
Gotta laugh cause the 1st time I just soaked in paper towel and they dried up so thought if they wern't dead
before, I surely killed em now but thought wtf so did it right the second time and
put the slightly damp paper towel in a zip lock baggy to keep them from drying out this time.
Today I checked on them and BEHOLD a reserection of sorts lol.
I seen a short tail on one, opened the next one and it had a nice leg on her.
Planted them same way as I did the others that popped and put them in the tent.
I did try to start up the veg tent but blew a fuse cause of the oil heater, already got one in the 4x4.
2 heaters are to much for my breakers. Luckly only the sm veg tent stuff went out (T5's heater).
Now I am hoping and it would be nice if at least one grew out :)
Anyway it was the Skunk and the Blue Berry AK47 seeds.
Oh I forgot to take the pic of one with longer leg, got excited and nervious at the same time 😁

IMG 4143
IMG 4144
kuwl

kuwl

Maybe I know what I am doing after all
Seems I do things on instinct now a days lol memory is a thing of the past.
So when stuff happens I wing it with help from my intuition or lucky guess.
Flushing the plants when I noticed something drastically wrong was all
I could think of to do and it was the right decision.
They are doing much much better now although I will check the pots again tomorrow.
Some doing better than others and that will be the ones I check on.
I also turned down the light to 25%, was on 50%
As I read the other day that less light should produce more root growth.
Also the tips of some leaves, ones closer to the middle of the light, were curling down.

My new TDS/PH/Temp/etc meter has arrived along with some PH test kits to see if it's right on.
I seen on the instructions that I can re-calibrate the PH, maybe the old one will work again!

Here are the pic's of the tent plants that are recovering from hot soil (my guess).
I took some bad crusty leaves off the WC plant as I seen new growth growing out that looked healthy (3rd Pic down).
All are a lil pale but much better and growing with new foilage.

IMG 4145
IMG 4147
IMG 4148
IMG 4149
IMG 4150
IMG 4151
IMG 4152
IMG 4153
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They are doing much much better now although I will check the pots again tomorrow.
Also the tips of some leaves, ones closer to the middle of the light, were curling down.

My new TDS/PH/Temp/etc meter has arrived along with some PH test kits to see if it's right on.
I seen on the instructions that I can re-calibrate the PH, maybe the old one will work again!

Here are the pic's of the tent plants that are recovering from hot soil (my guess).
I took some bad crusty leaves off the WC plant as I seen new growth growing out that looked healthy (3rd Pic down).
Hey they are looking great, should be a breeze now that they have some size to them, I just go by color and routine water feed water feed light green under fed dark green over fed then hope for the best..

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Hey kuwl another sweet setup from u I see I find with ph pens you really should store em in the right solution if not they dry out and won’t calibrate properly anymore ec pens work for years no solution just monthly calibration I went through 2 blue lab ph pens from improper storage the 1 I have now goin 2 yrs on monthly calibration so there is something to the fluid?

Brad104

Brad104

Hey kuwl another sweet setup from u I see I find with ph pens you really should store em in the right solution if not they dry out and won’t calibrate properly anymore ec pens work for years no solution just monthly calibration I went through 2 blue lab ph pens from improper storage the 1 I have now goin 2 yrs on monthly calibration so there is something to the fluid?
I've been thinking about buying a new one myself, I'm using the 15 dollar Amazon pen now but I have been looking @ the ones that you can change the tips out for like 20 bucks , I was wondering if you or anyone has any thoughts on them?

kuwl

kuwl

I've been thinking about buying a new one myself, I'm using the 15 dollar Amazon pen now but I have been looking @ the ones that you can change the tips out for like 20 bucks , I was wondering if you or anyone has any thoughts on them?
wow never seen that one but will search for it to see what it cost for the next time.
I was in a hurry cause of the xmass crunch at getting a pkg in time so didn't really look around just got the same one which worked great till it didn't.
Send a link or a name so I can take a lookie

Last edited:
kuwl

kuwl

Hey they are looking great, should be a breeze now that they have some size to them, I just go by color and routine water feed water feed light green under fed dark green over fed then hope for the best..
Ya I'm the same way looking at the leaf and the color which is why I fed a lil fish fert (N) but forgot to re-check the 1 gal pots (I had them ready to go full of new soil) before I transplanted in the new plants. I flushed the soil previously and got the ppm down to 400-500 ppm but must have went higher as they were
sitting around for a few days waiting for the right time to transplant.
The leaves are still a lil bit light gr but till the pots dry out some more I ain't messin with them lol.

Storm comin here low teens with 70mph gusts and over a foot of snow today to tomorrow
Hope my power stays on lol dam I gettin candles and battery powered lights ready.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ya I'm the same way looking at the leaf and the color which is why I fed a lil fish fert (N) but forgot to re-check the 1 gal pots (I had them ready to go full of new soil) before I transplanted in the new plants. I flushed the soil previously and got the ppm down to 400-500 ppm but must have went higher as they were
sitting around for a few days waiting for the right time to transplant.
The leaves are still a lil bit light gr but till the pots dry out some more I ain't messin with them lol.

Storm comin here low teens with 70mph gusts and over a foot of snow today to tomorrow
Hope my power stays on lol dam I gettin candles and battery powered lights ready.
Ya we're expecting that later today and through the night, No snow with it but heavy rain and wind, we've been told to expect power outages,,,fk....I have a generator but its a pain to get extension cords hooked up, I can only give light to my girls not grow light just what ever I can hook up quickly.

I have to disconnect the furnace and wire it to an extension cord. I have it prepped but it still a pain to do with a flashlight between my teeth, glasses that slip down my nose making it....just a fking pain......as I bitch I think about the poor bastards in the real cold without power down in the mid west I can't imagine going through that......I can take it hot but I'm not good in the cold......makes it hard to roll with gloves on....lol.....bong time....and I've everything from my last harvest dry now, I just got to bag / jar it up.......

Booze...I don't drink much but I find I do the family thing better with a buzz on. We're having Christmas diner here this year if we have power ....$46 !!! turkey Butterball frozen like a rock for a bunch of teetotaller that don't drink, smoke, and they won't watch anything not sanctioned by their priest on TV....Really sheltered happy with eyes closed bunch.....I pour Baily's into my coffee through out the day while I try to find something to talk about......I don't do the Church thing at all so i'm not sure what there is to talk about, thats allowed and not frowned upon so I just play with the kids and drink my coffee. Ah Christmas. 😆
😆😆

kuwl

kuwl

Ya we're expecting that later today and through the night, No snow with it but heavy rain and wind, we've been told to expect power outages,,,fk....I have a generator but its a pain to get extension cords hooked up, I can only give light to my girls not grow light just what ever I can hook up quickly.

I have to disconnect the furnace and wire it to an extension cord. I have it prepped but it still a pain to do with a flashlight between my teeth, glasses that slip down my nose making it....just a fking pain......as I bitch I think about the poor bastards in the real cold without power down in the mid west I can't imagine going through that......I can take it hot but I'm not good in the cold......makes it hard to roll with gloves on....lol.....bong time....and I've everything from my last harvest dry now, I just got to bag / jar it up.......

Booze...I don't drink much but I find I do the family thing better with a buzz on. We're having Christmas diner here this year if we have power ....$46 !!! turkey Butterball frozen like a rock for a bunch of teetotaller that don't drink, smoke, and they won't watch anything not sanctioned by their priest on TV....Really sheltered happy with eyes closed bunch.....I pour Baily's into my coffee through out the day while I try to find something to talk about......I don't do the Church thing at all so i'm not sure what there is to talk about, thats allowed and not frowned upon so I just play with the kids and drink my coffee. Ah Christmas. 😆
😆😆
Christmas was pretty good back in the day but now everyone's either dead or living out of State.
So this year is the first time we will skip it, I'm so tired of the fuss and muss of the whole thing.
The only one left in town in my Daughter who lives accross the street and refuses to cross in this weather
maybe she will stop in on Sun but the 2 grandkids that are here will be stuck in this blizzard/travel ban.
Thank goodness I have plenty of smoke and beer :)
We played Yatzee yesterday 1st time in 10 yrs!
The wind is howling now so I better get some things in order just incase.
Skia n Panda are amused by it all.

IMG 4155   Copy
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Merry Christmass and Happy Holidays to All 🎅

You too man, I hopes yous all has a great Christmas.....special treats for your pets.......my boys love their treats,,,, I come down to my G.room in the morning to tend the girls and have a smoke, when I go back up I have them all thundering towards me for treats....I've trained them well. The treat guy is popular for a few minutes anyways....then off they go. The newest little guy Dusk is just wild for treats, I give him a sniff of the bag before I give him any and his little but starts quivering and hes all wiggly in joy.....cute as heck.

Merry Christmas to you all

kuwl

kuwl

You too man, I hopes yous all has a great Christmas.....special treats for your pets.......my boys love their treats,,,, I come down to my G.room in the morning to tend the girls and have a smoke, when I go back up I have them all thundering towards me for treats....I've trained them well. The treat guy is popular for a few minutes anyways....then off they go. The newest little guy Dusk is just wild for treats, I give him a sniff of the bag before I give him any and his little but starts quivering and hes all wiggly in joy.....cute as heck.

Merry Christmas to you all
Christmas eve I was shoveling my walk out for a couple of hours!
I had to hand shovel, it was to deep for the snowblower.

IMG 4156
kuwl

kuwl

12-28 They will be 4 wks in veg on 12-29
Fed them yesterday 12-27 and I will be going by this feed chart
unless something happens and I go off the rails again lol.
I use these $ store tins with see thru lids as I didn't feel like cleaning the
tins I put the clear plastic lids over the dirty tins so although they look crusty
they are really clean. I bottom feed (put the nute water in the tins)
so they get used to it and will be an easy transition to the pots.
Also gets the roots sucking up nute water like they will when transfered to the pots.
This is Veg week 4 feed and they will be fed the same for week 5 n 6 if they go that far before the flip.

PPM 650 PH 6.0 TEMP 82° HUMY 43%

Here is the chart I will go by:
(PS: I don't use KLN and not sure what the red checks were for but think it was before I used Zyme )

FeedChart

kuwl

kuwl

Topping Today
Prob a wk late but wanted them to be ok for it.
I fed again today, they drinking good.
Good color on the leaves and all look healthy.
Light is at 50% and bout 18" above plants.
The way they are progressing I might transplant to final AP's soon.

The new seedlings (skunk n Blueberry) still in there but did not sprout :(
No sign of life.

IMG 4159
Top Bottom