Kyle’s First Grow - StarDog / Roasted Garlic Margarita

• Thread starter Kylesidious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Hey all!

I first came here to this forum to seek help with my plant when it was sick, from transplanting it from soil to DWC. Since then I’ve made a lot of progress and also changed up my grow tent a bit. In an effort to continue maximizing my productivity / yield I am now opening up to suggestions on how I can make this setup better before the plants grow to a point where it’s hard to make significant changes.
I’m currently running 2 x Spider Farmer SF1000 both running at 100%. One is 24’’ above canopy and the other is around 40’’. I’ve got a cheap cool mist humidifier, a fan blowing air upwards and a fan above the canopy and I’m running a single DWC bucket with no separate reservoir. (I’m looking for suggestions on how to incorporate a reservoir into this set up! Mainly so I don’t have to worry about messing with the DEC bucket directly during water changes so I don’t have to shift around the plant to open / check water etc. )

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s suggestions! I like constructive criticism too!!!

Last edited:
Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Hey everyone! So it's been two weeks since I've updated on here about the grow. A lot of changes have happened. When I posted this I had one DWC bucket with a clone in it that was somewhat struggling, and then I had 4 seeds growing in rockwool all in a 2x4 tent. Since then I've thrown out the clone in the DWC bucket because I was having issues with the plant being stunted and not growing and I think it's something I might revisit at a later date. Another change I made was I bought a 5x10 grow tent, and put together an entire 4x8 flood table setup with proper ventilation. I've got a 40 gallon rez with 30 gallons of nutrient solution in, with a water chiller. I've also got an AC Infinity 6 inch inline fan setup with the temp/humidity controller so I don't have to worry about it. I haven't yet got the flood table pump on a timer because the plants are still small and so I'm turning on/off the pump manually until they are drinking the water from the blocks at a rate I feel like I can't keep up with manual feeding. I will add some pics for you to see. I just added the panda film today. The 4 plants you seen in there have been in there for about one week now. Let me know what you think, or any adjustments you think I should make for this to be better!

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

BTW this is the first time I've done any of this. I've never used panda film either so it looks a little ghetto compared to what I see most people do, but I also put the panda film on AFTER my plants had been in here for a week and I didn't want to uproot the blocks because the roots are growing into coco matting underneath them, and I had to do this on my own so it was a hassle doing it and making sure I wasn't going to hurt the plants.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Also if you think the plants look a little overwatered, it's because when I first put the plants in here a week ago, I accidentally flooded the table for 15 minutes instead of 2 minutes and so the rockwool was waterlogged for an entire week. They almost died from the overwatering but I just left them to dry up in the rockwool cubes for the whole week. That ended up working and they did dry out for the most part. I just fed them again last night but only for 1-2 mins and when I woke up this morning and checked on them after they had lights on for 2 hours they were all standing tall and praying.

Top Bottom