L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That'd be pretty damn uncomfortable, me thinks. Plus, gold only holds value if the person(s) buying it can do something productive with it, like say, make GPUs for the bitcoin miners 😂
I'd say more comfortable than I feel with governments looking after the treasuries and the 50 billion types of currency being created.

Personally I have more faith in shiney metal lol.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I'd say more comfortable than I feel with governments looking after the treasuries and the 50 billion types of currency being created.

Personally I have more faith in shiney metal lol.
You make a solid argument. At least with physical gold bars stuffed in your mattress, you know your money is backed by something real, not some made up IOU the govt issued. However, you can't burn gold. You can burn fiat and produce some lumens to grow dank herb.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Oh my. Just wow. cheers fellas. This thread is completely bonkers. I’m gunna side with the dummies tho. I’ve earned that. 4ply for this guy.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Hey, now them fighting words. Bitcoin is the perfect personification of our capitalistic society, and the BS fiat system (how is USD any different than a public ledger with the same backing -- IE some computer saying a piece of paper carries X value) we use in place of bartering.

K, stepping off the soap box. Many a fool have made a fortune and lost a fortune in crypto.

This.

The biggest impact that crypto has had is that it takes away the regional monopolies that governments have on currency creatiion. It also takes power away from banks, because it gives people complete control of storing and spending their money. This, in effect, makes people less reliant on government created currency to live- and can hypothetically end poverty worldwide.

Essentially, crypto creates a competing economy that's less rigged to be a pyramid scheme than most (all) global ones are. Paying with BTC or XLM (lumens, I see what you did there!) is far easier and faster than international bank transfers.

Sorry. Currency and global income inequality are nerd out moments for me haha. Before PTSD necessitated me spending all of it to stay alive and out of jail, I'd actually made a decent amount in crypto. I'm a big proponent of reducing the power that governments wield, and I've also long believed that banks only exist to extract wealth from the working class.

Last edited:
Glassdub

Glassdub

I got tired of paying high prices for dispensary weed, and then feeling like the quality and price weren't in line for each other. So yes, self sufficiency ....
Me too & I only bought it once & I still have most of that overpriced 60 buck 1/8th a year later, that's how little I consume. 😂

Glassdub

Glassdub

Can a mod please clarify the no politics rules of this forum real quick for me?... because now we're talking about biological warfare labs in Wuhan and the CCP and I got a warning for having CNN on in the background in a pic of one of my plants. 🤷‍♂️ Just because 90% of us agree on the politics doesn't mean we are not talking about politics at this point. Just sayin. Can we keep the talk about growing and the lights?
This! 👆 I've been fighting an Incredible Hulk urge to get banned again over month old posts. 🤐

Glassdub

Glassdub

Never said anything about polotics. I could care less who anyone votes for. I was simply pointing out company ownership. Sorry I hurt your feelings. You can buy North Korean Lights if you want. But you should at least know where your money goes.
Uhhhhh, THATS politics mate. 🤷‍♂️

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Last time I checked, this is the "arguing about led's" thread, not the "complaining about other peoples definitions of the word politics" thread. Do you think there's fruitful discussion to be had here, or are you trolling?

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Considering most LED people complain about ppfd spread. what would be the perfect geometric shape for say a square areas lighting setup. Like say a 4x4. I was thinking honey comb/ hexagonal strip leds might be the best just cause well, if the bees and graphene like it, it must be because of efficiency in more ways than one. Apparently from another thread, strip LEDs are better for customizing to get even ppfd spread than QB or COB. Correct me if I'm off on that. Is square better in a square, or is hexagon honeycomb the new bees knees for a square LED strip grow space. May science compel you!

Last edited:
PiffinOut

PiffinOut

ever heard of the rule but as a rule I think all cannabis specific companies are over priced posers for dummies.
[/QUOTE]
glad im not the only one.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Last time I checked, this is the "arguing about led's" thread, not the "complaining about other peoples definitions of the word politics" thread. Do you think there's fruitful discussion to be had here, or are you trolling?
There might be but much of it isn't IMO & I spent a few hours, a least skimming, all 36 pages. 😐

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

There might be but much of it isn't IMO & I spent a few hours, a least skimming, all 36 pages. 😐

Only now to derail it further. 😄

Like don't get me wrong, I'm not being a dick. I'm just saying that it's pretty funny that this is the thread you chose to argue your opinions on the definition of politics.

Arwood

Arwood

Considering most LED people complain about ppfd spread. what would be the perfect geometric shape for say a square areas lighting setup. Like say a 4x4. I was thinking honey comb/ hexagonal strip leds might be the best just cause well, if the bees and graphene like it, it must be because of efficiency in more ways than one. Apparently from another thread, strip LEDs are better for customizing to get even ppfd spread than QB or COB. Correct me if I'm off on that. Is square better in a square, or is hexagon honeycomb the new bees knees for a square LED strip grow space. May science compel you!

discovering poor light spread with LEDs with my new Mars lights. It might be premature in saying this, but I’m not sure if LEDs are the answer to good grows. A combination of lights is probably gonna do it. Or side LED lighting. That or maybe some solexx greenhouse covering to diffuse the light across the space. I can try one plant with diffused light and the other just exposed regularly. Anyone ever tried diffusing the LED light before it reaches the plant?

chemistry

chemistry

So what we really need is a thread called "Get it off your chest" Purely for the sticklers among us, then they can go head to head. lol

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

the best soil is usually el natural homegrown. Id go into how do it safely indoors but it would take a new thread, not trying to thread jack an LED discussion. But 1. dirt and an oven 2. Fungi 3. Earthworm castings and compost especially together,from an even mix of both yard (leaf and grass and wood) and kitchenscraps+paper compost 4. local dead tree bark (maple apple etc). If any men of science can lmk on the hexagon shape idea for LED light ppfd spread and on strip leds being better for controlling ppfds... thatd be great.

Top Bottom