L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hez

Hez

Interesting topic. I've always grown outdoors, except I get them started up indoors a couple months before Spring hits. I've always used my work lights and 75w bulbs. I've seen ads for LED grow lights with most out of my wallet range anyhow LOL. Maybe just old school LOL. These days, using 100w "green" bulbs that only use 14w of juice. They seem to be doing well.

Weed nursery
PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Interesting topic. I've always grown outdoors, except I get them started up indoors a couple months before Spring hits. I've always used my work lights and 75w bulbs. I've seen ads for LED grow lights with most out of my wallet range anyhow LOL. Maybe just old school LOL. These days, using 100w "green" bulbs that only use 14w of juice. They seem to be doing well.
Are you using the Vigoro for your thcfarmin needs or is that for veggies. In anycase Im sure the light and fixture you have current are
good enough for seeds and very arly veg states. I was considering doing this with a reptile/terrarium screw in light setup but was also considering just firing the gun on DIY CobS and am meanwell. The learning curve to diy them outweighs the costs of payin retail for premade ones,a atleast for brokebois likeme. In my current research, the hardest part is understanding what driver(s) I'll need. Most COBs can be setup without need to solder. Bawlin on a budget, gonna have to learn the art of the DIY if I wana save some cheddar. My big fear isnt building the light itself but picking the wrong drivers and then coming home to see the house on fire lol. If anyones got knowledge on setting up your own DIY COB or strip lights with drivers please PM me or hit me with an old thread I can reference back to.

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

I am considering a partial switch to LED, but cannot go full LED as I would have to run some heat and controllers and there I get to the point of LED cost really isn't going to be able to be absorbed until the light units themselves last for a decade. Yeah 50.000 or 200000 hrs per led emitters but I have yet to see an indoor household LED bulb or indoor grow LED or industrial outdoor lighting LED unit last longer than a magnetic (or recent digital lol) driver for an HID unit. Driver circuitry failure is rampant. I seem to come to a consensus of 10W hid power, requires 8W LED equivalent nowadays. Not much of a hydro savings 20% IMO. I had a couple budget leds over the last few years but, they get disposed of when they break. I'm used to changing a bulb when things don't light up, not re-ordering a whole complete, soon-to-be-obsolete 2 bucks a watt junk. Too much crap to go along with LED to get buds worth smoking?????? IMO. Shipping to Canada sucks AT too. Seems like we have to be HVAC, computer, organic chemistry experts to get the best out of quality LED's or it isn't really worth the switch, especially with ROLS grow style????

Keymaker

Keymaker

a quality hps setup around here cost about sun system xxxl hood galaxy or phantom ballast and hortilux bulb your looking at almost 600 you can get the hlg 600r for 650 so one bulb change in 10 months will but you over. hps doesn't make sense anymore. yea I grew great bud under hps but also grow great bud under l.e.d. there is no argument buy a timber though better quality. 800 6vs just do it. go ahead buy the cobs. fuck diy just buy the damn light. you know you want too.

Keymaker

Keymaker

well... i will save myself from ranting and ulcers and just say... the old senile dude paid for my first grow! cant hate that!
It doesn't matter who's president. Who runs the dude, that runs that dude, who runs that dude, but really who runs that dude behind that dude.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

you still havent read the ed rosenthal grow book. It was used as the textbook at canna university.

the old boys tested everything including uv and far red by the 90’s.
He could commit to his own study and either prove or disprove. Approved! Heres your funding.......lol

Study's they can be made to look the way the researchers what it to be...look at monsanto for instance hell even dow...studies upon studies claiming atrazine isnt a hormone disrupter. Well it made frogs gay and tranny....there ya go!! Does monsanto say it does this? fuck no! The perofessor at the uni of stanford did though....a black man too! Studies are useless for the most part. They have to be completely unbiased for me to give two shits and fucks about'em...lol

Im selling dog shit i got 15 studies that say it cleans countertops the best. Are you buying that shit? Hell nah! Come on man? Oh did you know urine cures althetes foot? Yeah just whizz on your toes....lol....

Lets face it. How many times has a study peer reviewed been proven to be bullshit? Lol
Are you sure there aent another set of phds that could come out and straight refute any study with validity? Sure there is. Do examples no! Dont need to!! How many fuckin times have we hear coffee causes cancer..oh then next month different. Coffee is good!! Drink coffee live longer!!! Vitmamin c is t needed like we think...then next year round cold season or just before its a whole nother ball game...get your vitamin C......im not saying every study is bullshit....im saying every study is bullshit....because theres always going to a set of phds that say otherwise.....fuck the phd in the ass s far as im concerned fuck them....i know a phd. One of my teachers in high school...knows a grip about psychology but put her in a conversation about anything else besides gardening she dont know shit!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

He could commit to his own study and either prove or disprove. Approved! Heres your funding.......lol

Study's they can be made to look the way the researchers what it to be...look at monsanto for instance hell even dow...studies upon studies claiming atrazine isnt a hormone disrupter. Well it made frogs gay and tranny....there ya go!! Does monsanto say it does this? fuck no! The perofessor at the uni of stanford did though....a black man too! Studies are useless for the most part. They have to be completely unbiased for me to give two shits and fucks about'em...lol

Im selling dog shit i got 15 studies that say it cleans countertops the best. Are you buying that shit? Hell nah! Come on man? Oh did you know urine cures althetes foot? Yeah just whizz on your toes....lol....

Lets face it. How many times has a study peer reviewed been proven to be bullshit? Lol
Are you sure there aent another set of phds that could come out and straight refute any study with validity? Sure there is. Do examples no! Dont need to!! How many fuckin times have we hear coffee causes cancer..oh then next month different. Coffee is good!! Drink coffee live longer!!! Vitmamin c is t needed like we think...then next year round cold season or just before its a whole nother ball game...get your vitamin C......im not saying every study is bullshit....im saying every study is bullshit....because theres always going to a set of phds that say otherwise.....fuck the phd in the ass s far as im concerned fuck them....i know a phd. One of my teachers in high school...knows a grip about psychology but put her in a conversation about anything else besides gardening she dont know shit!

its true that testers can show confirmation bias but these tests the old guys ran were not for a company like you are ranting about. And all the current info matches his published results. Uv, far red, plants in dark, more than one in a pot, veg time, etc. even cannabanoid info has no advanced much from what is in his books

they also were the ones who started crossing plants for more potency. And we wouldnt have medical weed without those old cannabis scientists.

And there are a couple phd’s in my family. They happen to be smart enough to know when they dont know. And dont go ranting about it. ;-)

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

I’ve put this thread together for all you passionate led hardcore members.
When your in someone’s thread and decide you don’t like what that guys saying about you, his, hers, there’s, them, etc led’s and want to highjack someone’s thread to get a little pissy this is the place for you.
Rules
No name calling
No trolling

I want to thank the fellow member @gorillaglueaaron that made the suggestion for all the wise ass argumentative types that get so easily offended:)
have at it!!
I will be lightly monitoring this thread

regards
1Diesel1
Uuggh...unfollowing. What a snooze fest. Everyone knows LEDs suck ass and are highly over rated. The only people that start these threads are the people that are making them and trying to sell them.

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

a quality hps setup around here cost about sun system xxxl hood galaxy or phantom ballast and hortilux bulb your looking at almost 600 you can get the hlg 600r for 650 so one bulb change in 10 months will but you over. hps doesn't make sense anymore. yea I grew great bud under hps but also grow great bud under l.e.d. there is no argument buy a timber though better quality. 800 6vs just do it. go ahead buy the cobs. fuck diy just buy the damn light. you know you want too.
Paid 300 cdn for 1000w setup 200 for 600's 746 cdn plus shipping for that unit (replaces 1 600w unit) 3 year warranty..... 4 bulbs in that time in my 600 hid. LED unit will need replacement by then....20% savings in hydro to the light, totally consumed by 1000w heater to make up for temp issues = waste of money and time. I haven't seen too many grows that do any better when switching to LED. Mostly the plants look droopy an sad, and so do the growers for about 4 cycles until they get their light 'dialed in'? I get it, for the industrial grower, with a robot controlling all variables, but for the home grower...meh .. more hype than results IMO. Like soo many dudes did awesome with blurples, I swear! Anything with a chip is for eating not depending on for a living, all fucking cheap shit computerized crap. I still have a dial phone from the 1970's while my kids and friends are on their 20th thousand dollar piece of shit self outting device?????? Yeah fuck all computerized shit this PC included!!! Drops PC and leaves net.....(as if) LOL

JBloomers123

JBloomers123

You wake up mosh. All Led’s are connected to the new G-5 tower system. Search “government mind control”

so much misinformation on these forums.

geez!
I mean, if you want to find yourself second guessing your efforts and wonder why your girls keep stretching and never bloom...leds are def for you!

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

And that Timber cob is one ugly duckling, that heatsink looks like it gets CNN.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I mean, if you want to find yourself second guessing your efforts and wonder why your girls keep stretching and never bloom...leds are def for you!

a grower i respect very very much has blown away his hps production roght from the first grow with a gavita led bar lamp. And each next grow too. No changes made to his rooms but the lamp.

Not sure what you are talking about. I was joking about a new led conspiracy theory. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

By the way. The grower i mentioned but forgot to name is @sshz

Super nice work sshz. Been watching a long time. :-)

his threads are proof that a quality led lamp from a proven company that can show all facts and results can be a tool that highly increases production without a lot of extra changes or need for new gear. And he gets to enjoy 30% power savings just on the lights.

There is no more argument about growing. The argument is how long will budget priced knock off lights last and are they really as good or even have the same parts they claim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom