L.E.D for growing?

• Thread starter PakiWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PakiWeed

Hey guys, I have a simple question :D Can a big LED light be used for growing indoor? Thanks!

P

paulycali

What's a BIG led considered to you? Kinda confused as to what your asking

619ster

619ster

I have grown many crops with strictly LEDs with results compareable to horizontal HID lighting. Yes it does work. Problem is that 90% of LEDs in the market are crap!! Do LOTS of research if seriously interested in LEDs before buying any. Many let downs out there. Luckilly I chose wisely on my first purchase with LEDs, and I still have faith that LEDs can and will be the future of indoor lighting. Many Others are just disappointed and bitter from their results and no longer have that faith lol. Can't blame 'em with the way the LED market is.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have grown many crops with strictly LEDs with results compareable to horizontal HID lighting. Yes it does work. Problem is that 90% of LEDs in the market are crap!! Do LOTS of research if seriously interested in LEDs before buying any. Many let downs out there. Luckilly I chose wisely on my first purchase with LEDs, and I still have faith that LEDs can and will be the future of indoor lighting. Many Others are just disappointed and bitter from their results and no longer have that faith lol. Can't blame 'em with the way the LED market is.

Since I'm on a quest for better lighting, how do I tell what a good LED light is, and what is different between it and a poor one?

soserthc1

soserthc1

Since I'm on a quest for better lighting, how do I tell what a good LED light is, and what is different between it and a poor one?
How do you feel about K.O.S seeds or the rev dude he is always pushing 2 different leds lights in his mag article's and swears by them at summer and for growing/breeding ..... i got a shit ton of the mag's around if interested in knowing

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm agnostic; I don't care where the info comes from, as long as it's good Intel! Anyone have personal recommendations?

619ster

619ster

That is honestly a hard question to answer lol. Because the LED companies can claim whatever they want, yet it can be totally off from what is actually "under the hood". So now you not only have to go with what is claimed, but you want to see proven, real-life results/test grows. That is what led me to my first purchase was the amount of success folks were having with the brand I was considering. Though that brand/model is now unavailable. Right now there are a couple brands I'm waiting to see more results from before I jump out and say they can hang with HID. Cost is still rediculous as with all LEDs, but Apache Tech seems to have a leading edge on the competition.

That said, I've seen good results from 1w diodes, 3w diodes, 9w diodes, X-Lenses, 60 degree lenses, 120 degree lenses etc.... They're all good if applied correctly, and have the spectrum needed to perform well. I can nam,e a few more brands I've been interested in, but to me at this point in time Apache Tech is what I'm looking at most... for now.

Actually have a new LED light I'll be testing in the VERY near future (just got it yesterday). Claims are sounding decent, so I'll get to see for myself (and show everybody as well) if this light can do what the manufacturer claims it can do. I'll post the thread here at the Farm.

619ster

619ster

hydrogrow LED 420X-PRO 615w LED Grow Light

Check this mutha out! If I was already a zillionaire I would totally get some of these for a tree grow!
Seen that before. Definitely would make a nice supplemental light to a horizontal HID grow. I've seen good results from HGL, not great, yet. BTW, I can run temps much higher when using LEDs. Something about the extra spectrum that makes the plants hardier and more tolerant to stress. How do you figure the plants in desert environments grow through such extreme conditions? My grow room temps:

CIMG4430

Bannacis

Bannacis

How do you feel about K.O.S seeds or the rev dude he is always pushing 2 different leds lights in his mag article's and swears by them at summer and for growing/breeding ..... i got a shit ton of the mag's around if interested in knowing

The Rev knows his stuff, And his light of choice was the eye blue MH for flowering. He also uses 200 and 400watt LED's from Stealthy Samaritan. for veg and flowering. More of saying that his style of TLO growing does very well with LED's
I haven't used those lights, But I have followed the Rev and entrust his wisdom.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The Rev knows his stuff, And his light of choice was the eye blue MH for flowering. He also uses 200 and 400watt LED's from Stealthy Samaritan. for veg and flowering. More of saying that his style of TLO growing does very well with LED's
I haven't used those lights, But I have followed the Rev and entrust his wisdom.

Can you explain TLO growing? I haven't heard that term before.

hightide

hightide

True Living Organics. Living soil with micro-beasties. Rev has a book. Really good reading. Also writes in every issue of Skunk.

Bannacis

Bannacis

TLO is coined by the Rev, but the style has been around since forever.
There are many books out there that cover it, but the Rev's book is strictly for growing
cannabis. you can find it at ur local Barnes and Noble or order it online from Amazon.com

Its the process of feeding your soil with the right amendments, by cooking your soil. works like a compost pile. I grow this way, love it! you can reuse your soil to...and it improves it.
But you must have good water, no chlorine or chlorophyll, it kills the micro beasties.
Plus no synthetic nutrients, or organic based (based is chelated with acids or EDTA) nutes
Amendments like:
Soft rock phosphate
Bone meal.. unsteamed
Earthworm castings
Green sand
Blood meal
Feather meal
Dolomite lime
Alfalfa meal
Kelp meal
Seaweed
fish fert
Steer manure
Guanos
oyster shells
cottonseed meal
rice
all purpose dry nutes
Gypsum
Azomite
perlite
vermiculite

Granted that's a long list, so not all of it is required. and not easily attainable.
Get some old back issue of Skunk or get on the Skunk magazine.com forum.
you can get the formulas there or variations of.

Growboy

Growboy

Did some research and for the price this company seemed like a pretty dam good deal for what you get. I should be getting two of the kush-360 units that I ordered from ledkush.com. I will post pics of units when I get them, can't wait.

Top Bottom