L E D lights poll survey (please help out)

• Thread starter lilnew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

what do you think is important to you?

• PAR

• Spectrum adjust-ability

• UV

• Wifi Controlled

• $500-$700 CAD

• $700-900CAD

• $1000-$1500

Results are only viewable after voting.
lilnew

lilnew

i was wondering what's more important to most growers here? price? quality? and what price range does everyone think is acceptable for a quality light, something that can be compared to the big boys. Let's say if a light was able to hit these numbers at 20" from canopy in a 4*4 tent. how much are you willing to pay?

L e d lights poll survey please help out
lilnew

lilnew

Ill buy it. Im in canada too.
i'm actually talking to a family friend that's in the led industry for 15+ years to make my own lights since so far on the market i haven't seen a light that actually satisfy what i want...there is the Chinese lights that are ok and cheap but the quality isn't there. and there are lights with nice quality but will charge you an arm n a leg for it. that's why i started this poll to see what the growers are actually looking for

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

In my 4x2' use a 240w 3000k+660nm Samsung lm301b qb light from China, ordered on amazon, meanwell driver, seems to work fine, but I agree the quality isn't there, just bare utility for sure in that. I also have a 150w viparspectra p1500 in my 3x2 cabinet, if I remember right that's mixed 3500k 6500k and 660nm together, but new versions include IR (mine however doesn't 😣). It has a very nice dimmer knob on the side and nice quality build for sure. Been impressed by the 2020 line of lights from them
Price was a big point but I wanted something with not terrible coverage also, and since my grow spaces aren't very big I didn't feel the need to get the expensive brands.. the ones I have were around $130-180, not sure current prices.

lilnew

lilnew

In my 4x2' use a 240w 3000k+660nm Samsung lm301b qb light from China, ordered on amazon, meanwell driver, seems to work fine, but I agree the quality isn't there, just bare utility for sure in that. I also have a 150w viparspectra p1500 in my 3x2 cabinet, if I remember right that's mixed 3500k 6500k and 660nmk together, but new versions include IR (mine however doesn't 😣).
Price was a big point but I wanted something with not terrible coverage also, and since my grow spaces aren't very big I didn't feel the need to get the expensive brands.. the ones I have were around $130-180, not sure current prices.
i'm learning something new as well...apparently all these soo called ir diodes or uv diodes don't really work that well, and the ones that does actually work cost alot and has a short life span. another thing i learned is that everyone is all hyped up on the branding of the diodes but little do they know even though alot of them claim to be top bin diodes, are they really? as for the samsung lm301b or lm301h, they are both on contractor grade. i'm trying to do something that's designer grade, but will prob built it for myself to see how it actually works out since i'm very anal about the numbers...hahahaha

lilnew

lilnew

For all the participants taking the poll... you can choose more than one selection... please check off the prices as well...thank you

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

My opinion is all these lights are made in China anyway. They may be sold in the states,or even assembled in the states,but the parts are 99% China.

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

It’s crazy strong!! I have not been able to get past 60-70% power! I’ve been having trouble with deficiencies that look like Mag!

lilnew

lilnew

This is one of the lights I bought,along with specs.
i've used a light like this before...make sure when u turn it off you don't have any pressure on the plastic infront of the LED...the heat sink is pretty bad n it actually made the plastic covering change shape.

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

There’s no plastic lens on this light. The other light I bought for veg tent does have lenses.

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

Has anyone using this type of light had almost instant Mag issues??

lilnew

lilnew

There’s no plastic lens on this light. The other light I bought for veg tent does have lenses.
that's good to know...but ya...the heat sinks on it is really bad.... i had my 800 hanged i think 20" to get 1000 ppfd in the mid

Anthem

Anthem

Has anyone using this type of light had almost instant Mag issues??
TBH I have no used that light. I run Gavita and Fluence. Your Nutrient demands will change at the PPFD increases. Also they will require Additional Cal Mag. In Coco I have to run about 7 ML per gallon for the first 3 weeks and drop down to 5ML until the 5 week of flower. Also the chart you posted is a PPFD chart. The light is advertised as 1842. This is suppose to be the average across the whole foot print. Meaning if it is shown to flower a 4' x 4' area the average would be 1842. The highest on the chart is 1394. I am afraid there is some false advertising in the paperwork.

Top Bottom