L E D lights poll survey (please help out)

• Thread starter lilnew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

what do you think is important to you?

• PAR

• Spectrum adjust-ability

• UV

• Wifi Controlled

• $500-$700 CAD

• $700-900CAD

• $1000-$1500

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anthem

Anthem

i was wondering what's more important to most growers here? price? quality? and what price range does everyone think is acceptable for a quality light, something that can be compared to the big boys. Let's say if a light was able to hit these numbers at 20" from canopy in a 4*4 tent. how much are you willing to pay?
Your PPFD is too low, unless you are planning NOT to run CO2. For me CO2 is about the cheapest way to increase yield in a grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I am sorry that does not work for me. I am looking for PPDF in the 1600 to 1800 range. I have experience with these levels and I am more than happy with quality and yield at these numbers.

Bruce Bugby said in his u of utah vids that cannabis can take even more than that if all parameters are sufficient.

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

From what I understand they ar
TBH I have no used that light. I run Gavita and Fluence. Your Nutrient demands will change at the PPFD increases. Also they will require Additional Cal Mag. In Coco I have to run about 7 ML per gallon for the first 3 weeks and drop down to 5ML until the 5 week of flower. Also the chart you posted is a PPFD chart. The light is advertised as 1842. This is suppose to be the average across the whole foot print. Meaning if it is shown to flower a 4' x 4' area the average would be 1842. The highest on the chart is 1394. I am afraid there is some false advertising in the paperwork.
e not the same
TBH I have no used that light. I run Gavita and Fluence. Your Nutrient demands will change at the PPFD increases. Also they will require Additional Cal Mag. In Coco I have to run about 7 ML per gallon for the first 3 weeks and drop down to 5ML until the 5 week of flower. Also the chart you posted is a PPFD chart. The light is advertised as 1842. This is suppose to be the average across the whole foot print. Meaning if it is shown to flower a 4' x 4' area the average would be 1842. The highest on the chart is 1394. I am afraid there is some false advertising in the paperwork.
From what I understand they are not the same measurements. One is a measurement of the total output from the light fixture,and the other is the amount of light or photons biting the plants surface.
But I could be wrong?

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

e not the same

From what I understand they are not the same measurements. One is a measurement of the total output from the light fixture,and the other is the amount of light or photons biting the plants surface.
But I could be wrong?

e not the same

But I could be wrong?
Hitting the plants!
Big thumbs!
: D

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

Thanks for the reply,I’ve upped the Cal Mag to 4 so far and still having issues!
Will up it more!
Thanks

Anthem

Anthem

PPFD is the
Hitting the plants!
Big thumbs!
: D
Yes PPF and PPFD are two different measurements. A PPFD in the 1600 to 1700 range is good. PPF measures the total amount of light the fixture is putting off, as in all directions.

R

redshift75

That brings me to my question,is anyone using the higher powered LEDs having to up their nutes to keep up?
when i pump my tent to 100% i definitely need to feed almost 1.75x normal. I end up riding a fine line between too little and nute burn. But the growth is great. I end up with weird fluctuations on the bottom, mixed with great new growth. So its a trade off. But i cycle my lights up and down throughout the day. taking me a little bit to balance out yet.

Cracken

Cracken

That brings me to my question,is anyone using the higher powered LEDs having to up their nutes to keep up?
as a crude comparison, think of a car engine. if you increase the intake (light) then the exhaust needs to be increased (nutrients) the amounts will vary depending on your setup and the strain. but if you get the right balance you will get great returns in product.
check out some of the Bugbee videos on youtube

lilnew

lilnew

has everyone voted? just so you know you can chose multiple choice on the poll...please select a price as well. thanks

blit98

blit98

im so freakin new is LED better than regular grow lights
My husband has cancer trying to grow something for him..

Anthem

Anthem

You will hear comments on both sides of the fence. For a home grower in like a 4' x 4' tent they are going to be hard to bet. The challenge with HPS is the head they put off. LED's run much cooler. This alone will help a new grower suceed.

tango.hotel.charlie

tango.hotel.charlie

it depends on your expectations, how much money you want to spend, and the size of your tent or grow space. Addittionally, I say a prayer for your hubby! Godspeed.

tango.hotel.charlie

tango.hotel.charlie

you can fit comfortably 12 3L pots with saucer in a 5 by 5. a new grower can expect 1-2 oz per plant dried starting off. Thats if you can bring it all the way to harvest without any huge mishaps. Are you in a grow legal state? if not, and that is your pic. plz take that down. If everything is legal, no worries.

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

Depends on where you live? My state only allows 6 plants in each stage. So with only one tent you would probably be limited to your states cultivation license terms.
We have to pay an application fee,and Drs fee to be approved each year.
My opinion is LEDs are the way to go,you can find them cheap on Amazon,and EBay.
If you’re wanting the more powerful lights on a budget it’s hard to beat Alibaba.com,but you must do the research!!
Hope it’s something that can be treated and taken care of.
Good luck!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom